Back to Amazon.com

russthegiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages russthegiraffe
paigeg wrote:Wow. What? Grab a dictionary, will ya? I think I understood what you meant, but the word choices are odd. If you're non-American - no worries, and we never mind correcting grammar. If you are American (or English-native in any way) - shame!

Shoe grammar I don't understand history!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
albinoapple wrote:Remind me to never bother giving you concrit.

What is concrit? Constructive criticism?

If so, BS is the exact opposite of constructive criticism, so its very strange you say that.

Constructive criticism= helpful, knowledgeable, informative, et cetera...
BS= meaningless, useless, untrue, unhelpful... AKA deserves to be ignored.

If you go through this thread, a lot of it is BS, and only a few people provided constructive criticism (probably exist in other current fogged designs too). Ignoring the BS does not mean ignoring the constructive criticism too; they are two entirely separate things.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: My Little Narwhal

I am surprised more people here aren't eating this up.

Its not my cup of tea, but I cannot deny that it is a very clever concept with a great colors and composition.

Griffin100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Griffin100
Re: Will Maul 4 Ice

Remind you of this much?

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: Sixty Six Degrees North

I really like this design, it's clever, wearable, and simple in color scheme, but complex in design. Very well done, I would definitely purchase if it prints.

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunnyLea0
walmazan wrote:this is amazing and deserve more votes!

Yes!

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal
Re: The Arctic-Walker (V.2)

This one is certainly the better of the two. The shirt colour you chose make the creatures stand out a lot more. I like the glow around them. Nicely done.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
Re: Plunge

Thanks all, I really appreciate it!!

parrotice

quality posts: 7 Private Messages parrotice
ApeLad wrote:Do a google image search for Expedition Everest postcard and see what happens.

Wow... just wow...

I didnt realize you could just search the internet for an image, steal it, put it on a template, and enter the derby with it. Who knew it was so easy!

Where's the crap?

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather
Oxyminoan wrote:
Look at the other designs in the fog. Can anyone really, with 100% honesty, say that this comes even close in terms of concept or execution?

I'll bite. I will keep it here, as I do not like to attack other peoples work, unlike you.

First, must define concept and execution.
Concept: Idea for a shirt that will appeal to the most people and thus get the most votes.
Execution: Turing the concept into a shirt that gets the most votes.

Gone Fishing: Typical Walmazan. That is to say it is not what I find wearable. I have never voted for a Walmazan shirt, and probably never will as I do not find them interesting in the least. Godd artist, but not my bag.
Concept: Poor
Execution: Good

Plunge: Would look great on a poster. Looks socks on a shirt.
Concept: Poor
Execution: Poor

Snow Angels: Cute, but I will never vote for or buy a white shirt. You can wear them one or two times then the smallest smudge becomes a stain.
Concept: Great

Evil Narwhal Favors Global Warming: Not appealing to me in the slightest. Not cute, so one category is gone, not awesome, so the second category I vote for is gone, thus no vote.

Polar Bear licking his chops: This one is interesting, and if it was on a different color shirt, like brown to represent a grizzly bear, I would vote for it, but alas it is on white again.

Outfoxed: Outstanding shirt, the second best one in the derby besides Ramby's. Got my vote.
Execution: Outstanding

Sixty Six Degrees North: My mom would love this shirt so I voted for it. Other than that, I would not wear it.
Concept: Good
Execution: Great

Why Can't We Be Friends: If it was penguins I would vote for it, and it would probably be the best shirt in the derby, but as woot made dumb rule, as usual, no dice. As it is, it is a good design, but not something I would buy, and defiantly has nothing on Ramby's shirt for two cute animals interacting.

Don't even ask
Outstanding shirt, well designed, wearable, and just plain awesome.
Concept: Outstanding
Execution: Outstanding

lucky1988

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Desperate Measures

Thanks everyone!

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Will Maul 4 Ice

Nicely focused design. Another notch in your designer belt. Kudos!

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
raevynpheather wrote:I'll bite. I will keep it here, as I do not like to attack other peoples work, unlike you.

I think most people will disagree with your assessments. I disagreed with almost all of them.

I personally don't find this design particularly clever, but besides the concept the execution looks sloppy to me. I am not an artist, but to me the fluffy rabbit looks like it was overlaid on the background, instead of actually sitting on the snow. The back legs are not the same proportions as the other rabbit's. These details are part of what makes the shirt unappealing to me personally.

I don't think anyone can say that a piece of artwork doesn't belong on a shirt. That is definitely a matter of opinion. If I like the art, and it would look good on my wall, I would still wear it.

I love this website! ^^

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
Re: Evil Narwhal Favors Global Warming

I really really hope this prints so I can buy it for my environmentally-obsessed teenage sister.

I love this website! ^^

walmazan

quality posts: 72 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Cool Tunes

I love it and I love the expressions! well done!

walmazan

Re: melting away

love the illustration here! very well done!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Curiosity

Late entry, but here it is...

Sithos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sithos
uniique wrote:Nice embodiment of motion
Really like the book tree link/thumb too

I feel like this is an awesome design but the text ruins it for me. I understand the whole point is to make a message, but I would rather tell people who said "that's a cool shirt" about the issue behind it than blatantly advertise.

thegeekywife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegeekywife
amreli wrote:Late entry, but here it is...

This is beautiful!

strangehatter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strangehatter
uniique wrote:rofl!!

What does the bottom circle say...Cant read it

bjanele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjanele
Re: Walrus Pod

This shirt deserves way more love.

dookateh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dookateh

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
Re: Narwhals playing darts

please let me know what you think

walmazan

Re: North For The Winter.

This deserve more love!
Its amazing!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
thegeekywife wrote:This is beautiful!

Thank you!

uniique

Re: Chill'in Around the Fire

Nicely done! Much better. +1! GMV!

uniique

Re: Hibernation Love

Very expressive - nice use of a flowing technique!

uniique

They'll never believe what happened.
Happened to me once...
Great design!

uniique

Re: Wild

Boom! There it is!
Looks much better without the hat. Great resub!

uniique

Re: The Arctic-Walker (V.2)

Yep. Just checked again... still lovin' this!
If woot doesn't print it, after 60 days, you might want to try mysoti or whatnot. It's truly print-worthy.

deshwitat00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deshwitat00

love the design. hope this gets selected for print so i can get it.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 17 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Snowflakes!

I was always told this is were snowflakes came from...

evan3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evan3
Re: Blizzard

did they just print something like this at threadless titled a polar blinking in a blizzard?

ikeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ikeman
AdderXYU wrote:If I may toot my own horn...

hahaha thats so funny.... i love the comment about how long it took...

comicwriter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages comicwriter
ocdboy777 wrote:^^^^^^100% this.^^^^^^ Could never have said it better myself.

Also agree on this. Haven't been here in awhile, and I forgot how much bitterness there is on the derby when it's otherwise such a fun idea. Didn't vote for RamyB's design this time around because I didn't quite get it and wouldn't wear it, but I've pretty much worn out my "Grim Optimism" shirt I've worn it so much. If people would get this worked up over actual problems instead of (seriously?) too much use of bunnies on a t-shirt, maybe we'd get somewhere.

dooomcat

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dooomcat

Really nice! Cute use of rabbits!

ninthWHEEL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninthWHEEL
Re: Gone Fishing

Nice as always.

mzala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mzala
Oxyminoan wrote:So you voted for this one simply because it was "RamyB Bunnies" and you didn't have the other design to vote for? That's pretty sad.

Look at the other designs in the fog. Can anyone really, with 100% honesty, say that this comes even close in terms of concept or execution?

Or are most people just voting, like the poster above, because Ramy's other design was rejected and this one happens to have those "cute" bunnies we all love, only in another "hilarious" situation?

The design's sloppy, unfunny, and derivative to the tenth degree.

Really...now you're just making stuff up. No where in the post does wcsae say that everyone is voting for this shirt because it's the only ramyb shirt they can vote for. The word vote isn't even mentioned once. It was just pointing out that ramyb did have a non-bunny design, it was just rejected. Hate the shirt all you want, but don't criticize people's posts based on something they didn't even say.

As for the concept of this shirt, my impression of it was the bunny on the right is having a bad hair day. But I wouldn't want this shirt because although it's cute, it does seem kind of boring and not saying too much and the design size seems a little small even for my taste.

walmazan

Re: Desperate Measures

one of my favorites of you! love love the expression and looks amazing!

top work! +1

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Ok, now you've done it. Combining my love for narwhals AND My Little Pony is an easy vote. Love the choice of purple too!

Thank you! Narwhals rock!

uniique wrote:I wish the thumbs had artist names, or a link to all the artist's subs. What's your other one? Wait, there's your thumb. Ah, the polar bear on life support. Excellent sub. Both good work :D

Thanks uniique! I like the designs you have submitted this derby and in the last. You have been a welcomed new designer I look forward to seeing.

chumpmagic wrote:I am surprised more people here aren't eating this up.

Its not my cup of tea, but I cannot deny that it is a very clever concept with a great colors and composition.

Thanks chump! This is what I'm thinking... Most guys aren't gonna wear this shirt but what they fail to recognize is that their wife, girlfriend, daughters and other female family members would love this shirt. They just don't know it yet because possibly they don't have a wife, girlfriend or daughter. My wife and my daughter love this design and its all ages, not sad, and when you look at it you have to smile. You have to. If you don't I will know and I will cry.