Top 13% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Hmmm. A Tron reference?

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

Kind of reminds me of the books Neuromancer or Snow Crash.

Red just feels a bit weird, I think green (the color of computer boards) would have been more appropriate.

grimskull89

quality posts: 11 Private Messages grimskull89

Looks to be a reference to Dead Space?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

No, Neo! Don't trust the giant machine baby head!

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen

the red is way too dark to see clearly

macmankev

quality posts: 6 Private Messages macmankev

I'm sorry, Flynn. I'm afraid I can't do that.

misterducky

quality posts: 3 Private Messages misterducky

I kinda feel impotent as a nerd with this shirt, cause I feel like it's a reference to something, but I can't grasp what. The way he's talking about someone in the computer makes it seem like a Tron reference, but the art style is all wrong for that.

I am so confused.

bluetuba

quality posts: 60 Private Messages bluetuba

I don't think this is a reference to any specific pop culture property, and that's why I like it.

It's hitting my love of cyberpunk pretty hard.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Stexe wrote:Kind of reminds me of the books Neuromancer or Snow Crash.

Red just feels a bit weird, I think green (the color of computer boards) would have been more appropriate.

I've had both red and blue boards!

Edit: A yellow one, too.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

ilmatar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilmatar

I think this would look really good as a poster, but I'm not quite sure how it would look on a person. It seems like the design wouldn't match up with the silhouette of my body, and that would make me sad.

afeldspar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afeldspar

This is totally a Tron reference, from near the end of the (original) movie, when all the programs are against the circular wall around the MCP and they are being erased.

I like it, but yeah, I'm not sure how it will be on a shirt with the red on black.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

I knew it, the interwebz is spying on us. I just never knew it was named Kip. Kinda creepy really.

lonelypond

quality posts: 683 Private Messages lonelypond

I think the silhouetted human figure laid over the circuits creates a neat effect and the dark red on black plays into that. This is one of those shirts that I might not kick out full price for but would be happy to see in a random set.

And is anyone watching the new Tron animation?

silveri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silveri

I like it. Kind of makes me think of the whole Singularity idea that I read about from people like Ray Kurzweil & Terence McKenna.

ibobafett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibobafett
afeldspar wrote:This is totally a Tron reference, from near the end of the (original) movie, when all the programs are against the circular wall around the MCP and they are being erased.

I like it, but yeah, I'm not sure how it will be on a shirt with the red on black.

I dunno, I can see where you're coming from, but this seems more like just an overall reference to cyberpunk. It's got a bit of TRON in the description, but even more of just a cyberpunk-ish short story (which by the way, whoever wrote that, I'd love to see you make that into a full story!)

Definitely buying with my last few bucks till I get paid next week. If anyone knows how we could go about getting this as a poster, I'd love to get one. Same with another variant on this one, with a green color instead of red (I personally like the red though!). Gold would be cool too! Deus Ex: Human Revolution, anyone? ;)

CaitlynMcH

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CaitlynMcH
skatimmy737 wrote:Hmmm. A Tron reference?

Most definitely! RIP CLU 1.

ibobafett

Ah nevermind everyone, it IS a TRON reference! I went on the artist's site, and right here it says it's based on where CLU gets derezzed.

http://www.mattleyen.com/tron.html

tedwow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tedwow

I was kind of hoping it wasn't a reference to anything after all. oh well.

potestasx

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potestasx

I thought it said "deal located" as in "hey, I went to Woot! and found a deal!" Took me a while to realize the image has nothing to do with online shopping.

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie

I love the detail in this image, it's amazing *w*

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester

Funny enough, I was flip flopping on whether or not to get this design, but once I knew it was a Tron reference, it pushed me in to the buy category.

ibobafett

tedwow wrote:I was kind of hoping it wasn't a reference to anything after all. oh well.

I hear ya. I was hoping it was just an overall reference to cyberpunk. Ah well, I can still pretend it is!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

I want this shirt, but with all the QC issues they've been having I'm not sure its going to be worth it, especially with such an intricate design.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

lambcamera

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lambcamera

Alright, this shirt looks great, but that writeup... the writeup is brilliant.

blackest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blackest

I haven't purchased a shirt here in over a year even though I check every day. Everything has been cutesy or jokey or some kind of pop nerd reference.

This is a shirt I would buy. The only thing that bummed me out is that it is in fact a pop nerd reference. It's a cool design on its own and I like that it's not an obvious reference. I feel we should be able to have more cool non referential designs on here.

buraindo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buraindo

This shirt look BADASS!

jwsluder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwsluder

I like the write up.
"without a TRACE"
Good pun!

felipito09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages felipito09

Great Shirt and such an awesome design. I am a bit sad that there was no batman shirt these past two weeks. C'mon Woot you guys even printed a shirt for the release of Portal 2!! Don't make send Bane after you. I'm done.

mjm05010

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mjm05010

at first I was awesome and then I saw the right angle bends in the traces and I was all noooooo...

marcwason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcwason

Awesome design, but I'm sick to death of black t-shirts. Half my novelty shirts are black. I like black, but its the dead of summer. This would look sick in a neon blue on navy or neon green on circuit board green.

bluetuba

ibobafett wrote:Ah nevermind everyone, it IS a TRON reference! I went on the artist's site, and right here it says it's based on where CLU gets derezzed.

http://www.mattleyen.com/tron.html

Oh well, at least it's subtle and doesn't scream "HAY GUYS I'M WEARING A TRON™ SHIRT!!!"

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

jjayers99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjayers99

I absolutely love it. I'm just getting back into Warhammer 40K, and I'm making a rogue Tau army using nothing but AI Drones, done in a tron-style black & red paint job. Literally painted the first model last night, and then I found this shirt this morning. It was an INSTANT buy for me.

smalltownutah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smalltownutah

I think you all have it wrong.... It's Sheldon.... And Leonard put him in the left circuit board from the left. Penny sang "little kitty " while they lit it up.

bluetuba

The title reminds me of this guy..

Which is a totally different thing!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
felipito09 wrote:Great Shirt and such an awesome design. I am a bit sad that there was no batman shirt these past two weeks. C'mon Woot you guys even printed a shirt for the release of Portal 2!! Don't make send Bane after you. I'm done.

Considering the last Batman Shirt The Dark Knight got pulled from the Reckoning, likely at the behest of the WB lawyers, I don't think Woot will be returning tha that well anytime soon.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

scrivnr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrivnr

This thing is amazing. My first woot purchase, and I instantly knew I was taken by it. A cyberpunk's favorite kinda shirt ;)

joshmonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joshmonkey
scrivnr wrote:This thing is amazing. My first woot purchase, and I instantly knew I was taken by it. A cyberpunk's favorite kinda shirt ;)

Welcome, @scrivnr! Now you can vote in the Derby! (Well, not in this week's Derby; voting has closed. See you next week?)

joneyalone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joneyalone
lambcamera wrote:Alright, this shirt looks great, but that writeup... the writeup is brilliant.

Seconded. woot!artists design some pretty awesome shirts, but I think it's often overlooked that the writers do a pretty spectacular job of showcasing them. So, HATS OFF to all woot!writers, you guys definitely deserve a lot more credit than you get.

chocozell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chocozell
skatimmy737 wrote:Hmmm. A Tron reference?

Yup. Clu being derezzed by Sark.