WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

End Of Year Random Clearance

Hey, you guys wanna help us move? Yeah, we were hoping to take a bunch of Shirt.Woot merchandise and move it from our old place to our new place... your house. Okay fine, you caught us; it's just a giant random sale! 

mossygreen

quality posts: 83 Private Messages mossygreen

OK, so, experts: what's the difference between the zip-up hoodie and the jersey zip-up hoodie other than 10% polyester?

Is it more like the light-weight hoodie?

joshobra

quality posts: 39 Private Messages joshobra
mossygreen wrote:OK, so, experts: what's the difference between the zip-up hoodie and the jersey zip-up hoodie other than 10% polyester?

I was about to ask the same thing.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx
joshobra wrote:I was about to ask the same thing.

Me, three.

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester

Awww...I was hoping for random onsies. I need something cute for my little one since the ones I originally ordered were shipped back instead of forwarded. =(

lonelypond

quality posts: 654 Private Messages lonelypond
mossygreen wrote:OK, so, experts: what's the difference between the zip-up hoodie and the jersey zip-up hoodie other than 10% polyester?

From what people have said in other threads, jersey hoodie sounds a lot like the lightweight hoodie.

trekmiss

quality posts: 9 Private Messages trekmiss

Shipping starts on 12/31. That means it is officially too late for me to order before I leave. Kind of sad, because I was thinking about a pullover hoodie. I love the last one I got.

joshobra

lonelypond wrote:From what people have said in other threads, jersey hoodie sounds a lot like the lightweight hoodie.

And is it a two-pack?

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx
stinhoutx wrote:Me, three.

That'll teach me...ended up at the American Apparel website via search to confirm the difference between the two. There are definitely NSFW model images at that site. O.o

joshobra

Also, is there a list of designs used for each category?

I'm getting a shirt and ipad case for sure, but I want to see if there's any good ones for the hoodies.

lichme

quality posts: 3901 Private Messages lichme

Trade your unwanted randoms here

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 5840 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Thirty minutes in and nothing has sold out yet? I purchased a pullover hoodie as soon as I saw the sale just in case my size sold out.

mossygreen

lonelypond wrote:From what people have said in other threads, jersey hoodie sounds a lot like the lightweight hoodie.

Thank you!

I may have to sleep on this one. I do like the lightweight hoodies for layering.

Narfcake

quality posts: 361 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

conanthelibrarian wrote:Thirty minutes in and nothing has sold out yet? I purchased a pullover hoodie as soon as I saw the sale just in case my size sold out.

Size large for AA long sleeves sold out early.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ibexscribe

I'm wearing a jersey hoodie right now. It's basically a zip up long sleeved tee with a hood. I find it a fantastic layering piece for winter, and perfect for when a light layer inside would be nice (it's 20 degrees outside right now, and I'm wearing it over a regular t-shirt, and that with my winter coat was good for me).

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

I posted this in last week's side sale:

Some product info:

- The jersey zip hoodie is a lightweight hoodie, so think t-shirt material. The sizing runs small on these, so you may want to consider going up a size or two versus the t-shirts.

- The pullover and zip-up hoodies are medium weight fleece, and is better suited for colder weather. The sizing is more "standard", so you may want to consider going down one size versus the t-shirts.

To elaborate just a bit more ... the lightweight hoodie (not available in this side sale) is a tri-blend fabric, made in the Dominican Republic, and by Alternative Apparel. The jersey zip-up is a cotton-poly, made in Pakistan, and by Tultex.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

A list of products and who manufactured the blanks:

Random Tee 2-Pack - Anvil
Random Zip-Up Hoodie - Gildan
Random Pullover Hoodie - Gildan
Random Jersey Zip Hoodie - Tultex
Random Long-Sleeve Tee 2-Pack - American Apparel
Random Unisex Tank Top - American Apparel
Random V-Neck Tee - American Apparel
Random Tri-Blend Tank - American Apparel

nagihiko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nagihiko

Went straight here to check for a Narfcake post with which shirts were AA~

Small, Medium, and 2XL were still available when I looked at the long-sleeve shirts, and by the time I checked out medium had already been sold out as well~ Luckily I got my two-pack of small long-sleeve shirts, hopefully they'll be designs I like!~

saramwrap

quality posts: 25 Private Messages saramwrap
Narfcake wrote:Size large for AA long sleeves sold out early.

Tragic! Mostly because there just don't seem to have been very many non-random long sleeves out lately... which, I guess, would explain why there weren't many here, either.

aethera21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aethera21
conanthelibrarian wrote:Thirty minutes in and nothing has sold out yet? I purchased a pullover hoodie as soon as I saw the sale just in case my size sold out.

This is the first time I've managed to get here before Random Totes were sold out. Usually by the time I check Woot (9am EST) the totes, zip totes, long sleeves and a few other things are gone!

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova

In for three hoodies. *Hoping I get some walmazan designs or something cute.*

caramelarrow

quality posts: 18 Private Messages caramelarrow
Narfcake wrote:Size large for AA long sleeves sold out early.

And that was the only thing I wanted. Oh, well. Maybe someday I'll be able to buy something again......

07/11/14

theco2

quality posts: 136 Private Messages theco2
stinhoutx wrote:That'll teach me...ended up at the American Apparel website via search to confirm the difference between the two. There are definitely NSFW model images at that site. O.o

It's a good thing I am at home.

gille5000

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gille5000

Are you ever going to sell the lightweight hoodies again? They are my absolute favourites (actually wearing one right now) and it's been ages since I've seen one for sale.

dreamofcaramel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreamofcaramel

I didn't get around to checking on the hoodies until now and they're all gone... but, I'm needing some long-sleeve shirts too so gonna try those out

Aripities

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aripities

Ordered 2-2packs and even though it (still) says "shipped out12/31" I received notice that they shipped out 12/16 and I placed an order on 12/15. Tracking says it will be here on 12/18. So I am not sure what happened really. But it might not be too late for some people!

davidjansing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidjansing

They only have child size small of the hoodies. I guess if you have a runt of a first grader to shop for...

greeneking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneking

Jersey hoodie is made from what is basically tee shirt fabric....super soft and comfortable and I am VERY sad that they'd already sold out by the time I got the email!!!

dianapalmieri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianapalmieri

Could the Woot fairies search there warehouse all over for a 2x hoddie I could buys. Everything always sells out in my size

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

dianapalmieri wrote:Could the Woot fairies search there warehouse all over for a 2x hoddie I could buys. Everything always sells out in my size

They were available on the first day.

In the grand scheme of things, they don't print that many hoodies, long sleeves, tank tops, v-necks, totes, aprons, etc., so these are almost always bound to sell out in the popular sizes.

The t-shirts, OTOH ... I think the last time they sold out in some sizes was May 2012, which was a few months into the brand transition (and these were the older shirts). I don't recall any sell-outs for the t-shirts since, hence multiple sales and the ability to purchase greater quantities and at lower prices than in the past.

mossygreen

Narfcake wrote:They were available on the first day.

In the grand scheme of things, they don't print that many hoodies, long sleeves, tank tops, v-necks, totes, aprons, etc., so these are almost always bound to sell out in the popular sizes.

The t-shirts, OTOH ... I think the last time they sold out in some sizes was May 2012, which was a few months into the brand transition (and these were the older shirts). I don't recall any sell-outs for the t-shirts since, hence multiple sales and the ability to purchase greater quantities and at lower prices than in the past.

Yeah, I remember being freaked out that if I didn't order as soon as possible after midnight, they'd run out of larges before I got up in the morning. It was a magical time, in retrospect.

lichme

quality posts: 3901 Private Messages lichme

I didn't think these were coming until 12/31, I just got a shipping notice for the random tees

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

adavidw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adavidw
stinhoutx wrote:That'll teach me...ended up at the American Apparel website via search to confirm the difference between the two. There are definitely NSFW model images at that site. O.o

It has suddenly become very important that I know exactly what those differences are. I need to go now to the manufacturer's site... for, uh, research.

-Aaron

tcar2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcar2012

Anyone had issues with the tracking numbers Woot has given you with shipping on this sale?

I ordered jewelry at the same time which was tracking fine, but two of my three random items have shipped and both times the number I was given and the link to Fed Ex attached brought up a "no record of this tracking number, contact customer service" error message.

Not sure if it's an error on their part, or Woot's link, or what. I hope my stuff comes though.

I have emailed support about it just to see, but figured I'd ask if I was the only one. I know Fed Ex/UPS are just recovering from the insanity of the holidays too.

Not grouching, just trying to figure out if I should worry or not.

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
tcar2012 wrote:Anyone had issues with the tracking numbers Woot has given you with shipping on this sale?

I ordered jewelry at the same time which was tracking fine, but two of my three random items have shipped and both times the number I was given and the link to Fed Ex attached brought up a "no record of this tracking number, contact customer service" error message.

Not sure if it's an error on their part, or Woot's link, or what. I hope my stuff comes though.

I have emailed support about it just to see, but figured I'd ask if I was the only one. I know Fed Ex/UPS are just recovering from the insanity of the holidays too.

Not grouching, just trying to figure out if I should worry or not.

Have you tried the 'Track by Reference' feature on FedEx/UPS's website? Just use your order number as the reference number and make an educated guess at the ship date if you're not certain.

As an aside, I had an order arrive last week that never got tracking at all. Another that had tracking for a couple days then fell off the map and still arrived on time. Keep us updated!

tcar2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcar2012
manhandsha wrote:Have you tried the 'Track by Reference' feature on FedEx/UPS's website? Just use your order number as the reference number and make an educated guess at the ship date if you're not certain.

Thanks for the tip. I tried both order numbers and still got 'not found' Fingers crossed that they have my stuff and this is just a glitch

mossygreen

tcar2012 wrote:Thanks for the tip. I tried both order numbers and still got 'not found' Fingers crossed that they have my stuff and this is just a glitch

Mine allegedly shipped 12/26 and the tracking number is still not found, same thing with tracking by reference. Any sign of yours yet?

manhandsha

mossygreen wrote:Mine allegedly shipped 12/26 and the tracking number is still not found, same thing with tracking by reference. Any sign of yours yet?

I took a look at your order and @tcar2012's orders. I think with the holiday, things are arriving, without necessarily having been scanned for tracking purposes. Keep us updated if you don't receive anything by early next week, since we have yet another holiday to throw things off. Sorry we couldn't get you a tracking number to obsessively check.

JethroOp369

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JethroOp369
manhandsha wrote:I took a look at your order and @tcar2012's orders. I think with the holiday, things are arriving, without necessarily having been scanned for tracking purposes. Keep us updated if you don't receive anything by early next week, since we have yet another holiday to throw things off. Sorry we couldn't get you a tracking number to obsessively check.

It would seem that I am in the same boat. I guess it will be a surprise!

manhandsha

JethroOp369 wrote:It would seem that I am in the same boat. I guess it will be a surprise!

Quite honestly, I think everything will likely show up without too much trouble. I received two orders a couple weeks ago; one had no tracking assigned ever, the other had tracking to start, but dropped off an entire week before the order was delivered. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is the story for you guys, too.