Back to Amazon.com

bobpell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobpell
tripleaardvark wrote:"Design placement: Centered"

For people with one arm growing out their left nipple and the other out their right shoulder blade.

Yes! For me it will be centered. Finally.

ryanstorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanstorm

what the heck the enterprise should be in the lead!!

soonersister

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soonersister

Forget the shirt! I need it in a tote bag!

.·'´)
,.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`· - - SoonerSister*
(¸.·

rasabi

quality posts: 47 Private Messages rasabi

Thank you, voters and space ships!

I had to keep it to three ships to keep the off-center race stripe vibe going, but maybe I can sneak in a teequel somewhere down the track...

jbah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbah
walterwu wrote:What's the ship on the left?

I turn my back on you Klingon style for asking that question! ;)

sharktopus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sharktopus

Speaking as a guy who has never and will never fit in a T-shirt smaller than XL, it's been my experience that designs printed off to one side - your "breast pocket" types, usually - often end up too far to the side, almost in my armpit. I'd like to see a photo of these shirts in real-life, preferably on a large guy or large-guy-shaped mannequin, especially considering that I've received the occasional Woot shirt with the "centered" design no-so-centered.

sharktopus

rasabi wrote:Thank you, voters and space ships!

I had to keep it to three ships to keep the off-center race stripe vibe going, but maybe I can sneak in a teequel somewhere down the track...

May I humbly suggest horizontal stripes with three different vehicles in profile? (The Falcon isn't very recognizable from the side. But the PlanEx ship...)

And I don't think anyone mentioned it, but I especially love that the colors of the stripes correspond to the lighty-uppy bits of the ships. Nice touch.

soonersister

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soonersister

I'm just going to leave this right here.

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Fastest-Ship-In-The-Universe.jpg

.·'´)
,.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`· - - SoonerSister*
(¸.·

johnt007871

quality posts: 13 Private Messages johnt007871
lacotomo wrote:Not buying because I am not a Firefly fanboy. Like the other two and am not sure what would replace...hmmmmmm...Galatica is too big/lumbering....maybe the Last Starfighter...lol

+1 Last Starfighter

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

SherrifDave wrote:So why not get it in the other brand?

To elaborate with some reasons why, the sizing, the sleeves, the softness, durability and shrinkage, and country of origin vary between the two. My .sig links to the discussion thread where it's discussed more in depth.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

jelongjr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jelongjr

They failed miserably:

Those are THE two coolest ships in the universe.

My Woots:

sharktopus

jelongjr wrote:They failed miserably:

The Defiant could kick the tailpipe of any other ship mentioned in this thread, so high fives all around.

But in all fairness, the decision comes down entirely to iconic silhouettes. Which is why it's a little surprising Rasabi had the guts to go Serenity (despite the popularity of Firefly around these parts) over, say, a certain phone box. How 'bout a wacky alternative version with the TARDIS, Planet Express ship, and the Satellite of Love? I would buy the hell out of THAT shirt. And anything else they print it on.

jelongjr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jelongjr
sharktopus wrote:The Defiant could kick the tailpipe of any other ship mentioned in this thread, so high fives all around.

But in all fairness, the decision comes down entirely to iconic silhouettes. Which is why it's a little surprising Rasabi had the guts to go Serenity (despite the popularity of Firefly around these parts) over, say, a certain phone box. How 'bout a wacky alternative version with the TARDIS, Planet Express ship, and the Satellite of Love? I would buy the hell out of THAT shirt. And anything else they print it on.

The Defiant is my favorite, but The White Star still deserves a nod.

My Woots:

marked141

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marked141

My saying this around here may be taken as blasphemy but I've never seen Firefly, so that left ship does nothing for me. Something from Stargate or the Andromeda Ascendant would be good.

If another "silly" version is made the ship from Wall-e should be in the running.

Slooper17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Slooper17
walterwu wrote:What's the ship on the left?

Firefly !!!! >:]

Slooper17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Slooper17

Cool shirt ... once again, no sale since you don't have 4X ... catch up to reality already

mrscat206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206

This is phenomenal. I have more short sleeved woot Ts than I can possibly wear, but would LOVE to see this as a long-sleeve T for fall!

pixelologist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelologist
AubriGryphon wrote:Whatever "point five past lightspeed" means, it clearly doesn't mean it can only make 1.5c. If the Falcon was that slow, they'd have taken months to reach the next star, much less fly halfway across the galaxy in a matter of hours. I believe at least one source calculated the Falcon's speed as something on the order of nine million times lightspeed. Even the slowest hyperdrives would be hundreds of times faster than the Enterprise, and the Enterprise still makes light look slow.

Serenity can't even break lightspeed, but it had no need to -- the action all took place within the same extended star system.

Star Trek warp factors aren't 1:1. Seems to me the relationship of warp factor to speed was described as logarithmic. I'm no maths wiz so I'm not sure whether or not that term describes this but the equation I've seen is v=w^3*c (v=velocity; w=warp factor; and c=speed of light). By that equation, Warp 8 would equal 704x the speed of light.

jordandidit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jordandidit

Yeah this is a super fun design, and I'm glad to see it become so successful! I picked one up!

wootchawant

quality posts: 68 Private Messages wootchawant

just how "weathered" are the ships on everyone's shirts? my millennium falcon is noticeably more distressed than the other two ships, so i'm trying to determine whether i'd get the same results if i were to return the shirt and try again...

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with the money that you flaunt...

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
pixelologist wrote:Star Trek warp factors aren't 1:1. Seems to me the relationship of warp factor to speed was described as logarithmic. I'm no maths wiz so I'm not sure whether or not that term describes this but the equation I've seen is v=w^3*c (v=velocity; w=warp factor; and c=speed of light). By that equation, Warp 8 would equal 704x the speed of light.

Don't quote me (even though I am quoting you), but I believe when TNG came out, one of the stars (LaVar Burton/Geordi?) stated the warp factors on TNG were actually multiple of what they were in TOS. Speed capabilities increased in the 90+ years between TOS and TNG.

sodakar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sodakar
wootchawant wrote:just how "weathered" are the ships on everyone's shirts? my millennium falcon is noticeably more distressed than the other two ships, so i'm trying to determine whether i'd get the same results if i were to return the shirt and try again...

I came here after noticing the same. Then I zoomed into the original image, and sure enough, the Falcon is spotty exactly as it is in the image, so... I guess it's as intended? Unfortunate, as it totally looks like a misprint... I don't see why anyone would want to do that to just one ship...

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo

Nobody remembers the Minbari White Star Fleet? They were the fastest ships! They were the most lethal ships! What else would the Rangers use?
Too bad the BEST is missing!

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo
sharktopus wrote:The Defiant could kick the tailpipe of any other ship mentioned in this thread, so high fives all around.

But in all fairness, the decision comes down entirely to iconic silhouettes.

Nah, the White Star would kick the tail off of the Defiant any day!
White Star FTW!

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

wootchawant

quality posts: 68 Private Messages wootchawant
sodakar wrote:I came here after noticing the same. Then I zoomed into the original image, and sure enough, the Falcon is spotty exactly as it is in the image, so... I guess it's as intended? Unfortunate, as it totally looks like a misprint... I don't see why anyone would want to do that to just one ship...

thanks. i did notice the distressed approach in the original image when i made my purchase; i was just surprised at the significant weathering of the falcon. oh, well.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with the money that you flaunt...

R0B0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages R0B0

Moya, should totally be in the running.

psicopal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psicopal

Love to get one, but that Thing on the Left just kills it for me!! I guess 2 out of 3 Awesome Ships maybe ok for some... so Sad!!

dainbramaged1964

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dainbramaged1964

Where's a White Star from Babylon 5?

dainbramaged1964

That doesn't look like a White Star.... lol.

dainbramaged1964

jelongjr wrote:They failed miserably:

I totally agree.... The White Star and Defiant were the coolest two I've ever seen...

proxopspete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages proxopspete
ryanstorm wrote:what the heck the enterprise should be in the lead!!

Seriously!

1x VuPoint 2MP Digital Camera
1x Maximo iM-490S iMetal Stereo Earphones
2x Kyocera Bluetooth Stereo Headset
1x Brown Zune 30GB
1x Razer Pro|Tone m100
2x Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX Webcam

jlsenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsenn

I, too, am very cool with the three ships on this shirt. But as long as we are talking about alternatives, what about the Yamato from Starblazers?

kunkel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kunkel

Why can't i order a men's large in America apparel?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
kunkel wrote:Why can't i order a men's large in America apparel?

I'm sorry, we're just out of that size in AA right now.

Waldoshi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Waldoshi

I'd love to get a design like this in a lounge/Hawaiian shirt style. Have you guys ever thought of doing those?

I am the Waldo, koo koo ka choo.

dchiguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchiguy
davetheknight wrote:Best parts are the light streaks for the Enterprise and Falcon.

Also, for including the Planet Express ship.

I believe you mean The Sciencemobile!

guylee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages guylee
agingdragqueen wrote:I'm sorry, we're just out of that size in AA right now.

Is there a way for me to sign up for AA restock notifications? I've been checking AA 2XL daily for over a week now. Thanks!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
guylee wrote:Is there a way for me to sign up for AA restock notifications? I've been checking AA 2XL daily for over a week now. Thanks!

There are so many functionalities to this site I wish we could offer. Right now that one is #1 for me.

mirrorless

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mirrorless
JmuTarHeel wrote:I wish we could have one more stripe with 'spaceball plaid'

YES!!!

Mysta

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mysta