Top 19% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

lonelypond

quality posts: 682 Private Messages lonelypond

Fun idea, at any speed.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 8 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

11 minutes in to the sale, 3XL in American Apparel is sold out.

Well, we now truly know Woot's demographics.

emilyap

quality posts: 17 Private Messages emilyap

Love it.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 149 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Where's the Galactica?
Where's the Andromeda Ascendant?
Where's the Liberator?

I don't know.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 8 Private Messages StarKnightGoku
Thirdbase9 wrote:Where's the Galactica?
Where's the Andromeda Ascendant?
Where's the Liberator?

They had to stick to cool ships

walterwu

quality posts: 7 Private Messages walterwu

What's the ship on the left?

IHaveArrived

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IHaveArrived
walterwu wrote:What's the ship on the left?

That's Serenity, the ship from the show Firefly.

lordbowen

quality posts: 848 Private Messages lordbowen

Racey spacy!

pirahna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pirahna

Damn! no 3XL in AA!!!!

I so wanted this shirt...

gwencallon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gwencallon

I wanted Men's 3X as well.

stay@homedad

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stay@homedad

Judging by the size of the shirt and the relative sizes of the ships, I'd say that the Millenium Falcon is about 1 parsec ahead. Just sayin'...

nuklhed

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuklhed
pirahna wrote:Damn! no 3XL in AA!!!!

I so wanted this shirt...

Same here!

SherrifDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SherrifDave
stay@homedad wrote:Judging by the size of the shirt and the relative sizes of the ships, I'd say that the Millenium Falcon is about 1 parsec ahead. Just sayin'...

hahahaha

SherrifDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SherrifDave
nuklhed wrote:Same here!

So why not get it in the other brand?

mmxcore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmxcore
stay@homedad wrote:Judging by the size of the shirt and the relative sizes of the ships, I'd say that the Millenium Falcon is about 1 parsec ahead. Just sayin'...

Even though if I remember my nerd right the Falcon "Will make .5 past light speed" where the Enterprise I'm pretty sure it around Warp 8 which is 8 times light speed. (Firefly was just a transport ship so doubt it could do much)

aznpsyki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznpsyki

3XL is sold out because it contained Spaceballs 1

celticmatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticmatt
mmxcore wrote:Even though if I remember my nerd right the Falcon "Will make .5 past light speed" where the Enterprise I'm pretty sure it around Warp 8 which is 8 times light speed. (Firefly was just a transport ship so doubt it could do much)

Just a transport ship?! How dare you , sir! I demand fisty-cuffs!! Have at you!

JmuTarHeel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JmuTarHeel

I wish we could have one more stripe with 'spaceball plaid'

shaconaqe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaconaqe

This shirt needs a Borg cube somewhere way out in front; or, maybe, just behind and the others are just trying not to be the slowest.

AubriGryphon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AubriGryphon
mmxcore wrote:Even though if I remember my nerd right the Falcon "Will make .5 past light speed" where the Enterprise I'm pretty sure it around Warp 8 which is 8 times light speed. (Firefly was just a transport ship so doubt it could do much)

Whatever "point five past lightspeed" means, it clearly doesn't mean it can only make 1.5c. If the Falcon was that slow, they'd have taken months to reach the next star, much less fly halfway across the galaxy in a matter of hours. I believe at least one source calculated the Falcon's speed as something on the order of nine million times lightspeed. Even the slowest hyperdrives would be hundreds of times faster than the Enterprise, and the Enterprise still makes light look slow.

Serenity can't even break lightspeed, but it had no need to -- the action all took place within the same extended star system.

squiddog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages squiddog

If the left ship was Galactica I would've bought it.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 45 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
squiddog wrote:If the left ship was Galactica I would've bought it.

Two out of the three are slam-dunks, even if the Falcon is nowhere near the size of the Enterprise. The third is open to many options, but yeah, I'd have been down for Galactica, Moya, or even the Milano over what we got. But that's fine.

*shakes fist at Browncoats*

twobits

quality posts: 5 Private Messages twobits

Looks like none of them is going ludicrous speed.

theco2

quality posts: 140 Private Messages theco2
SherrifDave wrote:So why not get it in the other brand?

dh4645

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dh4645

definitely needed Moya and one of the BSG ships.

not a huge SW fan, but love firefly/serenity and ST:TNG/new movies.

no buy though

bdean42

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdean42

I don't think the scale is quite right.

I know some Star Trek fans who would be mad that it isn't ... 100 times bigger than the other two.

lacotomo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages lacotomo

Not buying because I am not a Firefly fanboy. Like the other two and am not sure what would replace...hmmmmmm...Galatica is too big/lumbering....maybe the Last Starfighter...lol

haker85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages haker85
AubriGryphon wrote:Whatever "point five past lightspeed" means, it clearly doesn't mean it can only make 1.5c. If the Falcon was that slow, they'd have taken months to reach the next star, much less fly halfway across the galaxy in a matter of hours. I believe at least one source calculated the Falcon's speed as something on the order of nine million times lightspeed. Even the slowest hyperdrives would be hundreds of times faster than the Enterprise, and the Enterprise still makes light look slow.

Serenity can't even break lightspeed, but it had no need to -- the action all took place within the same extended star system.

Let's not fight people. Someone has already taken the time prove who is faster. Click Here to see the race for yourself

pkrzycki

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pkrzycki

Are they going to be printing more 3XL American Apparel? I mean how many did you actually print if they were sold out 15 minutes into the day?

davetheknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages davetheknight
haker85 wrote:Let's not fight people. Someone has already taken the time prove who is faster. Click Here to see the race for yourself

Best parts are the light streaks for the Enterprise and Falcon.

Also, for including the Planet Express ship.

shiftymccool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shiftymccool
davetheknight wrote:Best parts are the light streaks for the Enterprise and Falcon.

Also, for including the Planet Express ship.

Planet Express ship indeed... Pffff... Hand over your geek membership card, it has been revoked. Although, that would've been pretty cool. Time to add another stripe Woot!

tripleaardvark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tripleaardvark

"Design placement: Centered"

For people with one arm growing out their left nipple and the other out their right shoulder blade.

KingLouie951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingLouie951

I just came to read the arguments.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
tripleaardvark wrote:"Design placement: Centered"

For people with one arm growing out their left nipple and the other out their right shoulder blade.

Haha, this is a good point. I think we so rarely have off center ones these days that wasn't even considered.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
pkrzycki wrote:Are they going to be printing more 3XL American Apparel? I mean how many did you actually print if they were sold out 15 minutes into the day?

The problem isn't so much that we didn't print enough but just that we did not buy enough blanks. Hopefully we'll get more in, but it's not likely we'll be able to add more to the sale today at least.

GTTraveller

quality posts: 13 Private Messages GTTraveller

Love the alternate ship proposals, but I'm not sure that Moya (and I LOVE Farscape) would have been as recognizable in silhouette. And as for BG, would we not then argue over which rendition?
Personally happy with the three chosen.

obob

quality posts: 6 Private Messages obob

Maybe, if it said "not to scale" at the bottom, or somewhere.

what, Me, sig?

sharktopus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sharktopus

Zip-up hoodie, please.

I'm *still* waiting.

*edit*

Or a bowling shirt. Think about it, Woot. I'll be here.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 45 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
GTTraveller wrote:Love the alternate ship proposals, but I'm not sure that Moya (and I LOVE Farscape) would have been as recognizable in silhouette. And as for BG, would we not then argue over which rendition?
Personally happy with the three chosen.

Very distinctive ships, but I know I'd be down for Moya, Galactica, and Planet Express Ship in their own. Maybe they'd be better in profile?