Vegetables

Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 46% of Shirt Woots
Top 22% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

• (12:08 AM, 10/31/2015) Ayrahvon would like to object.

lordbowen

quality posts: 847 Private Messages lordbowen

Mmmmm...tasty.

lonelypond

quality posts: 681 Private Messages lonelypond

Eat your vegetables first.

Ayrahvon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ayrahvon

Pumpkin = Fruit

edit: aware they mentioned such absurdities in their "Some kind of plant" section.

forbidindonut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forbidindonut

This shirt is blatant ignorance. I would look like a fool wearing it! You want me to look like a fool Woot!?

jpj1211

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jpj1211

This is an awesome shirt, and I want one.... but my "CDO" won't allow me to call a fruit a "vegetable". Or is the pie a lie? Either way, now I am craving pumpkin pie... thanks

dacrete

quality posts: 261 Private Messages dacrete

It's considered a vegetable when served with a meal. It's dang cute and I'll be wearing one. Yay 2nd place.

panthiest

quality posts: 22 Private Messages panthiest
Ayrahvon wrote:Pumpkin = Fruit

edit: aware they mentioned such absurdities in their "Some kind of plant" section.

Any edible plant is a vegetable.

timbo138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timbo138

you can't defend this as a vegetable no matter how much you want it to be accurate. dumb shirt is dumb.

skryty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skryty
panthiest wrote:Any edible plant is a vegetable.

False. Fruits and vegetables come together. It's all about the seeds. Fruit holds the seeds. Vegetables are the leafy bits. So, pumpkin leaves are a vegetable, but we eat the fruit bit in our pumpkin pies.

panthiest

skryty wrote:False. Fruits and vegetables come together. It's all about the seeds. Fruit holds the seeds. Vegetables are the leafy bits. So, pumpkin leaves are a vegetable, but we eat the fruit bit in our pumpkin pies.

That's what makes edible fruits a subsection of vegetables. Only fruits hold seeds, all edible plants are vegetables. So all edible fruits are also vegetables, not all vegetables are also fruit.

panthiest

panthiest wrote:That's what makes edible fruits a subsection of vegetables. Only fruits hold seeds, all edible plants are vegetables. So all edible fruits are also vegetables, not all vegetables are also fruit.

maybe I'm wrong. Internet seems to be leaning that way. I read it in a botany book, but I don't feel like digging it out or looking through the internets anymore

Inatangle

quality posts: 150 Private Messages Inatangle
skryty wrote:False. Fruits and vegetables come together. It's all about the seeds. Fruit holds the seeds. Vegetables are the leafy bits. So, pumpkin leaves are a vegetable, but we eat the fruit bit in our pumpkin pies.

Tomatoes are commonly called vegetables, and they are actually a fruit. I'm used to thinking of the pumpkin as vegetable also-- unless I'm taking a science test or something...

All I know is I'm crazy about pumpkin pie or any other way to eat pumpkin. I used to request pumpkin pie for my birthday instead of cake, even though my birthday falls in the dog days of summer.

So, I'm happy it won and I'm getting one!

forbidindonut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forbidindonut
panthiest wrote:That's what makes edible fruits a subsection of vegetables. Only fruits hold seeds, all edible plants are vegetables. So all edible fruits are also vegetables, not all vegetables are also fruit.

Wow, so herbs are just spicy vegetables, and lemons too are vegetables?? Something about this just doesn't seem right...but I guess vegetation would describe all plants (edible or not) so vegetables would too....this is blowing my mind in the most terrible way.

fibrs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fibrs

Cucumber. Peppers. Zucchini.

Fruits or vegetables?

Both.