Back to Amazon.com

dvali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvali

Hello. It's been a long time since Glow In The Dark was available. Are you planning to bring those great shirts back again?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It has been a while. I've sent a note to the shirt team.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

dvali

Thank you so much

ThunderThighs

Staff

So the update is that we can no longer print them internally so we won't have any in the near future. We may look at sourcing them externally.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
ThunderThighs wrote:So the update is that we can no longer print them internally so we won't have any in the near future. We may look at sourcing them externally.

Maybe because the dangers of inks containing small amounts of radium?
Ingestion or inhaling these can prove to be a problem.
Not sure if modern glow in the dark still use radium...

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 19 Private Messages benjaminleebates
daveinwarshington wrote:Maybe because the dangers of inks containing small amounts of radium?

NAH, just mushed up lightning bugs. Been harder to come by since child labors laws have been throttling the lightning bug catchers market. Adults just can't catch them as well without smushing them, then you'd get PETA after you for not euthanizing them humanly. it's a complicated issue.

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

daveinwarshington wrote:Maybe because the dangers of inks containing small amounts of radium?

Zinc sulphide.

benjaminleebates wrote:NAH, just mushed up lightning bugs. Been harder to come by since child labors laws have been throttling the lightning bug catchers market. Adults just can't catch them as well without smushing them, then you'd get PETA after you for not euthanizing them humanly. it's a complicated issue.

Heh!

More seriously, it's not that the ink is afoul of any EPA regulations but rather, a shirt.woot production issue.

Like when the dye sublimation shirts were offered, batch order and contact out the production? I wonder if Ramy is interested in working as shirt.woot's print shop ...

(GITD colors, hooray!)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 19 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Narfcake wrote:Heh!

More seriously, it's not that the ink is afoul of any EPA regulations but rather, a shirt.woot production issue.

Like when the dye sublimation shirts were offered, batch order and contact out the production? I wonder if Ramy is interested in working as shirt.woot's print shop ...

(GITD colors, hooray!)

Careful, throwing that name around. IT might be like a beeteljuice thing. Then walmazan would lose out on some prints.

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

ThunderThighs

Staff

benjaminleebates wrote:Careful, throwing that name around. IT might be like a beeteljuice thing. Then walmazan would lose out on some prints.

It's more of an equipment issue, I believe.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

benjaminleebates wrote:Careful, throwing that name around. IT might be like a beeteljuice thing. Then walmazan would lose out on some prints.

Wences had a couple prints there already. Other artists: Boots, Fishbiscuit, Spiritgreen, Ocho, Fable, DoOomcat, Naolito, NBlottie, queenmob, wirdou, Jimiyo, and maybe a few more because it's been 4 years already and I don't remember everything that goes on in non-shirt.woot sites.

ETA: BootsBoots was their first guest artist. I bought three copies.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

dvali

ThunderThighs wrote:So the update is that we can no longer print them internally so we won't have any in the near future. We may look at sourcing them externally.

Oh maaan

thebrinks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebrinks

Since you "can't" print them, does this mean we can approach the artists and see if we can get them on other site/producer?

That's crap, been waiting for some time.

ThunderThighs

Staff

thebrinks wrote:Since you "can't" print them, does this mean we can approach the artists and see if we can get them on other site/producer?

That's crap, been waiting for some time.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no.  We still own the rights.

HOWEVER, we have found a way for the monkey's to make GITD. You'll notice that the upcoming derby allows GITD entries.  At the same time as those derby winners print, we will be running some of old GITD prints in a side event.  

Please note that we don't run GITD events very often and the designs do not often go into our catalog...so order your fill.   

Ticklebunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ticklebunny

I really love the Sugar Skull Glow In The Dark shirt....I hope it will come back again sometime so I can snag one during a GITD shirt event. :D :D