Back to Amazon.com

j3falcon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j3falcon

I just got my new shirts. First time ordering the new "premium" Canvas shirts. I washed them in cold water and hung dry.
A lot of the print washed off! One of the shirts is even creased where the print stuck together. I've searched this board and not seen any other topics.
What is going on?

transformingegg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
j3falcon wrote:I just got my new shirts. First time ordering the new "premium" Canvas shirts. I washed them in cold water and hung dry.
A lot of the print washed off! One of the shirts is even creased where the print stuck together. I've searched this board and not seen any other topics.
What is going on?

This is the point where Narfcake will probably jump on and suggest that the ink wasn’t properly cured before sending out??? Am I right Narfcake?

acraigl

quality posts: 229 Private Messages acraigl
j3falcon wrote:I just got my new shirts. First time ordering the new "premium" Canvas shirts. I washed them in cold water and hung dry.
What is going on?

Contact customer service (under your username, top-right) and they'll get a replacement out to you right away.

There have been various quality control issues of late, this issue among them.

VOTE >

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

What is going on?

As noted above, please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

If you could send a link to a photo, that helps our shirt team research the issue.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Everything as noted above. The blank option (standard versus premium) wouldn't have made the difference, as the issue indeed would be that the ink didn't get thoroughly cured. It's not normal, but it happens, and CS will help you out.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

j3falcon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j3falcon

Ok. Thanks everyone. I contacted CS and they will be sending replacement shirts out. I am glad that this was not a normal situation since I have 2 other shirts being delivered and had 4 in my cart.
Is it odd that it happened to both since they were different designs or was it just that it was on the same order.
Since I like the science... how do they cure the ink?
Thanks again.

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

j3falcon wrote:Ok. Thanks everyone. I contacted CS and they will be sending replacement shirts out. I am glad that this was not a normal situation since I have 2 other shirts being delivered and had 4 in my cart.
Is it odd that it happened to both since they were different designs or was it just that it was on the same order.
Since I like the science... how do they cure the ink?
Thanks again.

Yay! Most likely it happened because it was the same production/order.

The ink is cured in a contraption like this.

While the print methods have changed, this video gives some insight too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfl7ydw_mcs

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.