WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever posted really mean comments online?
  • 53.8% - No, I try to always be friendly, even on the internet 206
  • 35.2% - I may have gotten carried away once or twice, but for the most part I keep it pretty civil 135
  • 11% - I tell people how I feel- and I feel that they are dumb. 42
383 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain

How mean is really mean?

I did embarrass myself once being mean to a n00b in a game; I realized that I should help the n00bs of the world, not criticize them because they don't spend the same amount of way too much time in the game that I do.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates

I have typed out many irate nastygrams.
Then, I tap the backspace key and cancel the post. I don't think I am alone.
In a way, this is the reason that all the polls had Hilary winning, but Trump won instead...
See, that is the sort of comment I would just delete, cause I hate drama. Can't we all just have are own opinions?

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Even here, I've definitely fueled some flames from time to time, I'd like to think that I'm keeping it civil, though. Life can be weird. One day you tell someone they're disappointing and the next thing you know, you're sharing a pizza. On a Sunday. But no video games! That part of the write-up didn't happen! Uh, yet?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

I used to post mean things to guys on a sports forum, ugly trolls going after my team.

People can be mean on the internet without saying a word.
I don’t think I say mean things, just my humor or sarcasm may be misunderstood.

One slip up and you are dead to them.

robfly3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robfly3

I've been known to post some scathing reviews on Yelp once or twice when I received horrible service.
Just this morning in fact.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
robfly3 wrote:I've been known to post some scathing reviews on Yelp once or twice when I received horrible service.
Just this morning in fact.

Awwww, that’s different, send those scathing reviews, I am sure it was for good reason!
That is not mean, that is standing up for yourself.

Benblaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Benblaze

This poll is perfect to show how much people lie.. Especially to themselves..

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70
Benblaze wrote:This poll is perfect to show how much people lie.. Especially to themselves..

Someone said what everyone was thinking. I have to admit that sometimes there is a little more twisted sarcasm out of me that could be seen as being mean. However, I don't call people names unless they really deserve it.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

More snarky than mean

marceepauff

quality posts: 24 Private Messages marceepauff

Duh.

kasbjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kasbjames

Well, just look at today's (Saturday) Tools and garden discussion. Apparently the concept of being polite goes out the window when a flag is involved.
https://tools.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postId=7268928&ref=w_cnt_cdet_tool_dly_jtd_flm
I will admit that I put my $.02 into the discussion as well, but I attempted to be diplomatic (although I still feel like WOOT! should have seen the butthurt coming). I believe they've taken down a few posts due to the lack of civility. I don't understand why people feel like the anonymity gives them the right to be dicks.

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

kasbjames wrote:Well, just look at today's (Saturday) Tools and garden discussion. Apparently the concept of being polite goes out the window when a flag is involved. ...

In the older days of shirt, there were even heated arguments over bunnies and turtles.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.