Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What's worth the extra $$ for the better version?
  • 0% - tissues 0
  • 0% - bottled water 0
  • 0% - shoes 0
  • 0% - pens 0
  • 0% - potato chips 0
  • 0% - cars 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed

You only get one set of feet and bad shoes will not only hurt them but they will also hurt your legs and back.

netprophet1976

quality posts: 2 Private Messages netprophet1976

We were JUST talking about how its worth the extra money for good TP.

cainemarko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cainemarko

While there is something to be said for paying extra for quality free-range, non-GMO, organic, artisanal fried potato shavings. I would have to go with the shoes as well. I would have also accepted mattresses, food, or tools.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Extra $$ for shirts that don't pinch my armpits and shrink 3" after a wash? Sure!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu
netprophet1976 wrote:We were JUST talking about how its worth the extra money for good TP.

+1!

Ah, the hell with it.

Roxenka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Roxenka
bblhed wrote:You only get one set of feet and bad shoes will not only hurt them but they will also hurt your legs and back.

+1

basileuspsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basileuspsu

Tough one here. Key is to find that "Goldilocks" zone, the delicate balance of value/quality. While one could save quite a bit on a used Yugo is it really worth spending the extra $$ on a Koenigsegg when the point is to get from A to B?

Gonna have to go with the chips here, generic versions don't taste nearly as good as the real deal.

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158
cainemarko wrote:While there is something to be said for paying extra for quality free-range, non-GMO, organic, artisanal fried potato shavings. I would have to go with the shoes as well. I would have also accepted mattresses, food, or tools.

Agree completely on the mattress.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

basileuspsu wrote:... While one could save quite a bit on a used Yugo ...

Not really. Not too many of those shitboxes left, so they've achieved cult status and actually have some value.

OTOH, an older Kia Spectra ...
Filippo purchased it for one dollar from a co-worker who was moving across the country. According to Edmunds.com, Filippo got ripped off. -- May 2016.

... then he abandoned the Spectra on the street in West Philadelphia for the entirety of the next year. Nobody stole this car, despite the fact that he left the key inside and the doors unlocked. -- June 2017

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

michaelvella

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaelvella

Cars and shoes. Never cheap out on shoes, or you will suffer the consequences.
Cars are subjective to a point, but personally I can’t own something that will make me miserable when on the road. Heated seats, satellite radio and leather are must haves.

mlevari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlevari

Great! Awesome fun stuff keep em coming

roycee

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roycee

It is not wise to buy boots, beds, or brakes on the basis of price alone.

calanthium

quality posts: 16 Private Messages calanthium
roycee wrote:It is not wise to buy boots, beds, or brakes on the basis of price alone.

Wise words.

ohlfahrt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ohlfahrt

After finishing a military career I returned to college earning a degree in finance. I rewarded myself by purchasing a MontBlanc Meisterstruck ballpoint pen. That was just over thirty years ago.

It was a burgundy masterpiece then as it is now. I do not leave home without it. It is a constant reminder that quality lasts; never settle for less.