Bohsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bohsky

According to the terms and conditions of Derby "Artist grants Woot a 60-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork".
Is it possible to terminate this obligation? Or recieve a quick answer if Woot is interested in the design?
Because in some situations designs could be time-senstive and it's better for artists to use their works somewhere else instead of waiting 60 days for nothing (I mean, in the situation when Woot is definitely not interested in the design, but still holds the right for 60 days "just in case", but the case would never happen). In my opinion, it's a quite rare situation that design would be picked after a long time after Derby. Or am I wrong?

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

I can't speak for Shirt, but I believe the reasoning behind it was the old double-take derbies. Honorable mentions were weeks and weeks out, so the need to lock in a time period was mandatory.

In more recent years, some derby entries have subsequently been sold as a daily, so the need for a holding period remains.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Bohsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bohsky
Narfcake wrote:
In more recent years, some derby entries have subsequently been sold as a daily, so the need for a holding period remains.

Oh, even this situation is possible. I thought that the best situation for those designs was side sale.
Thanks for clarification.