a month ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 35% of Shirt Woots
Top 35% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

rayn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rayn

not sure if everyone will understand this shirt; irregardless, I just ordered one...

stevenshepherd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stevenshepherd

;-]

rayn wrote:not sure if everyone will understand this shirt; irregardless, I just ordered one...

namzaps

quality posts: 9 Private Messages namzaps

It's actually in the dictionary, and actually being used correctly most of the time when people use it, irregardless of the people who think the word does not really exist and regardless should only be used instead.

Why use a smaller word when a diminutive one will serve just as well?

-JCH

rhondakay65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhondakay65
namzaps wrote:It's actually in the dictionary, and actually being used correctly most of the time when people use it, irregardless of the people who think the word does not really exist and regardless should only be used instead.

Why use a smaller word when a diminutive one will serve just as well?

Well said! =)

alexander5245

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alexander5245

I could care less about this shirt.

Debie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Debie
alexander5245 wrote:I could care less about this shirt.

Well I couldn't care less;)

poopycakes

quality posts: 12 Private Messages poopycakes

Congrats fishbiscuit5 :-)

hleeperk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hleeperk
rayn wrote:not sure if everyone will understand this shirt; irregardless, I just ordered one...

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Irregardless of your feelings on the use of this non-standard word, I appreciate the votes and the print.

hleeperk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hleeperk
alexander5245 wrote:I could care less about this shirt.

You're one of those people who would use their personal PIN number at the automated ATM machine, aren't you? :P

acraigl

quality posts: 229 Private Messages acraigl

Congrats FB5!

Woody1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Woody1
hleeperk wrote:You're one of those people who would use their personal PIN number at the automated ATM machine, aren't you? :P

You're one of "those" people that does not know that PIN is an acronym for Personal Identification Number and ATM is an acronym for Automated Teller Machine, are you not?

(My sincere apologies if you or your keyboard have a stutter)

ac·ro·nym
/ˈakrəˌnim/
noun

Not to be confused with Irregardless which is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. ... The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one.

If acronym and synonym (not Cinnamon)) have you confused, I no longer care and you'll have to start here -->Examples of Antonyms, Synonyms and Homonyms and work backward to Acronym vs Synonym - What's the difference?

900+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't🤔

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
acraigl wrote:Congrats FB5!

Double congrats to you! I’m sorry I ruined your hatrick.

loveajanddj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loveajanddj

According to Merriam-Webster:

Irregardless was popularized in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its increasingly widespread spoken use called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

So there...... {mic-drop}.....

P.S. ♡♡♡ this shirt!

ephraimnyc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephraimnyc

For those that did understand this t-shirt; irregardless, I just ordered one.

acraigl

quality posts: 229 Private Messages acraigl
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Double congrats to you! I’m sorry I ruined your hatrick.

Ha! Hard to complain, but I came in 5th... if it was 4th, we'd have to talk.

gregmobile

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gregmobile

It's an emphatic verbal form of regardless... http://www.businessinsider.com/irregardless-real-word-regardless-kory-stamper-education-dictionary-mean-girls-lexicon-merriam-webster-2017-6

MrBignell

quality posts: 21 Private Messages MrBignell

Well done FB! I love seeing grammar shirts win

ensigera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensigera

Fake news?

danncer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danncer
Woody1 wrote:You're one of "those" people that does not know that PIN is an acronym for Personal Identification Number and ATM is an acronym for Automated Teller Machine, are you not?

I believe you're one of "those" people who didn't recognize that hleeperk's tongue was firmly planted in his/her cheek while typing that.

woot! purchases since 10/2006: a whole lotta wine, a closet full of t-shirts, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff, and not one single Box Of Crackers.

Martin29322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Martin29322

Very light (as in flimsy) material. Question 100% Combed Ringspun Cotton stated content. I ordered one size larger than I need and got one size smaller than the label implies. Very poor value. Never again. Woot may be real cutsey but if buyer seeks a quality product then based on this purchase, I suggest going elsewhere.