Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

​​

It’s a new(ish) year, and like the rest of you, we’re taking a good, long look in the mirror. Thankfully, we like a lot of what we see. We have cool content, an incredible community, and a collection of uber-talented artists. But we also realize that if we want to keep this good thing going (a.k.a.- if we want to stay in business), then a few things need to change. We’re starting with two. There will be more as the year rolls forward, but this is a good place to start. 

We know change can be uncomfortable, so we’re gonna do our best to keep this simple and straight-forward. No coddling. No spinning. Just straight-up truth. Here goes:

Beginning February 1st, we’ll be making the following changes on Shirt.Woot:

Overhauling our Prices and Pricing Structure
​   Hint: They’re getting simpler but going up (mostly)
Switching Our Standard Brand Tee
   Hint: Replacing Anvil with Port & Company (and we couldn’t be happier)
TL;DR - Well Shirt.Woot, What Now?
   ​Hint: For those who want to skip all the details (ain’t got time for that!)

​​

OVERHAULING OUR PRICES

For only the second time in our 10-year history, we’re raising our prices. Mostly. We say ‘mostly’ because there are one or two cases (thanks to our complicated pricing structure) where the price will decrease or remain flat. But for the most part, prices will go up. And we’ll be making a few other changes while we’re at it. Changes begin February 1st. Here’s what you need to know:

New, Simplified Pricing
Charging a different price for every event type is so 2017. Beginning February 1st, all shirts featured on the front page of the site (i.e., Dailies and Plus Sales) will be $15, and everything else (i.e.- Catalog and Top 20) will be $19.

Standard Shipping Included in New Price (U.S. orders only)
The new prices listed above will include Standard Shipping for all domestic orders. (We’ll get to you International folks in moment.) Beginning February 1st, this means that a $15 shirt will actually be a $15 shirt, not a $15 shirt + shipping. So whether you think of it as “free shipping” or think of it as “shipping included,” we think it’s an improvement.

Express & International Shipping Options Get An Update​
Don’t worry, we didn’t forget about you folks who like to get your shirts a little quicker Beginning February 1st, the cost for Express Shipping will drop from $10 per order to just $5 per order. Huzzah! And for folks who live outside the U.S, the cost for International Shipping will remain $10, but will now be charged per order rather than per event. So whether you buy one shirt or one hundred, $10 international shipping will make it easier to spread Shirt.Woot cheer all across the globe.​

Two Shirt Options, One Shirt Price
Spoiler Alert: We’re switching suppliers for our ‘Standard’ brand shirt (more on that in a bit). This change means we’ll now be offering two high-quality shirt options. And since they’re both great, we’re eliminating the price difference between the two brands. This means that inside any given event (be it a Daily, a Plus Sale, or otherwise) you will only pay one price for the shirts featured there, regardless of the brand you choose.​

Phew. That’s a lot. We’ve summarized all the important bits in these fancy charts. Take a gander. 

*Hey International Shirt Customers! Your shipping prices will be $10 per order instead of the current rate of $10 per event.

Switching Our Standard Brand Tee

Bon Voyage, Anvil. All Aboard Port & Company!
No one is thrilled with change. We get it. Fortunately, no one is really thrilled with our Standard Anvil shirts, either. What we ARE thrilled about, are the shirts we’re using to replace them: Port & Company. In addition to having a cool, nautical name, Port & Company tees keep the things we DO like about Anvil shirts, and adds some much-needed features that we think will be a big improvement. But you don’t just have to take our word for it. We recruited a few customers, artists, and other staff members to help us test out the new shirts, and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We’ve asked them to help weigh in on the change in the forums, so keep an eye out for any comments or pictures they may share.

In the meantime, here’s OUR take on the new Port & Company shirts: 

Print Quality
For a multitude of technical reasons (like lower broken-fiber counts and better fixation absorption rates), Port & Company shirts produce better, more consistent prints. Snazzy! 

Fit & Fabric
Both Men’s and Women’s Port & Company shirts have wider shoulders and longer sleeves than either Anvil or Bella Canvas. This gives them a looser, more comfortable fit. More like a classic tee. They also have a smaller collar than Anvil. We like them. 

As you’ll see in the charts below, the Port & Company Men’s shirts have very similar measurements to both Anvil and Bella Canvas, but the fit (especially in the sleeves and shoulders) is VERY different. So don’t be fooled. 

Port & Company Women’s shirts are slightly narrower than Anvil, but are much wider than Bella Canvas tees. They’re also tailored to flare more at the hip (like an hourglass… see pics below), than either of the other brands.

Port and Company kids shirts have looser fit than either Anvil or Bella Canvas because they are longer and wider (especially in sizes K8 - K12).

Port & Company shirts are manufactured in Honduras and, like our other brands, are made from 100% combed, Ringspun cotton. Like Anvil, Port & Company shirts are slightly thicker than Bella Canvas shirts (4.5 vs. 4.2 oz). 

SIZE COMPARISON CHARTS
(For the number folks)

Men's Sizes

Women's Sizes

Kid's Sizes

SIZE COMPARISON PICS
(For the visual folks. Click an image to see a larger version.)

FIT COMPARISON - MEN'S
(Navy Port & Company in back, Silver Bella Canvas in front)

FIT COMPARISON - WOMEN'S
(Navy Port & Company in back, Silver Bella Canvas in front)

Updated Sizing Guide​
Don’t worry if you can’t remember everything. All the important information about size and fit are included in our new (and MUCH improved) Sizing Guide. Make sure you check it out beginning February 1st. As always, the link will be in the “Features” tab of all our shirts. 

New Shirt, New Site Labels
Right now, our shirt brands are labeled “Standard” and “Premium.” But we think our Port & Company shirts are every bit as premium as Bella Canvas. Plus, with the simplified pricing structure we talked about previously, both brands will now be the same price. As such, we’ll be changing the brand labels so they focus on fit, rather than quality. The new labels will be “Classic” (replacing Standard), and Fitted (replacing Premium). 

Ready For Launch
The switch to Port & Company will officially take place on February 1st, but converting our entire warehouse is a pretty big task so there will be a short period of time in the lead up to that date where both Anvil and Port & Company shirts will be on the shelves. As such, orders placed between January 30th and February 1st have the potential to be fulfilled with either brand (don’t worry, the price will be the same, either way). Who doesn’t love a little extra mystery and intrigue? Or better yet,  you and your friends order a bunch of shirts and play shirt roulette.

TL;DR- Well Shirt.Woot, What Now?

If you made it this far in the blog post, congratulations. We know this was a lot information to take in at once. We’re here to answer any questions you may have about pricing, shipping, shirt brands, or any other changes in your life you want to share.

If you scrolled down this epic-lengthed blog post without reading it and now you’re wondering what the heck you missed, here’s a quick summary:

Beginning February 1st:​

• We’re raising our prices (mostly), but simplifying our pricing structure
  • ​Standard domestic shipping charges will be included in the price of the shirt
  • We’re replacing Anvil brand tees with what we consider to be the far superior Port and Company brand

And that’s it for now. Before you go, there’s one last thing we want you to know: WE LOVE YOU GUYS. Seriously. And we wouldn’t make these changes if we didn’t 100% believe that they are necessary. We want to keep this magic thing called Shirt.Woot alive and thriving for years to come. And most importantly, we hope you’ll continue to stick around for the journey as we continue this wild Shirt.Woot ride. We couldn’t do it without you.

Love Always,
The Shirt.Woot Crew

Quality Posts

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Disclaimer #1: To any artists here -- PLEASE DO NOT START UP A NEW COMPANY TOMORROW! There is no need to panic!! It is completely unnecessary!!!

Disclaimer #2: I am not staff. Any and all perspectives stated are of my own.

----------
Three samples, two washed, one with the dryer on high.

Subjective impression after a few washes (with no softeners used) on a scale of 1-10, where I'd rate the old USA-made American Apparel a '9', Canvas a '10', and Next Level an '11', I put these at a 7 -- soft, although not super duper soft. I would say it's on par with the current Anvil 980 (when new), the Gildan "American" Apparel, and the Tultex 0202. In no way is it scratchy like the FotL 3930 (a '1' because the best I can say is that "it's softer than cardboard") or the Gildan 2000 Ultra Cotton and 5000 Heavy Cotton (a '2' because "it's soft for sandpaper"). Long term is yet to be determined, but for now, it's fine.

These are single sourced versus Anvil which could be sourced from 5 different countries or Bella+Canvas from like 8+. That should increase their consistency. Yes, I would still have much preferred 100% USA made, but with Gildan buying out and closing down American Apparel's Los Angeles factories in 2017 , no one else has enough volume for a consistent supply. FWIW, even AA couldn't unequivocally say "Made in USA", as there were components (sewing threads) that were imported. Yes, I'm aware of Los Angeles Apparel, which for now is still but a fraction of the size that AA was.

Like the Anvil and Canvas, the tags are a tear-away type. It would still be nice if shirt.woot added some branding so that months from now, folks who are not regulars know where the shirt originated from.

Size wise, these are on the looser side. Unwashed, the body width is about a half inch wider than AA and about a half inch shorter. With the shoulders and body a tad wider versus the other brands, this is more a "standard cut". (I might try a size down in the future, as I should be a "medium" anyway, but mmmm, donuts.) Washed and line dried remained about the same; dryer dried took it down 1/4" in width and 1/2" in length, which is pretty good. It's on par with Canvas or NLA blanks for tolerance to shrinkage and better than AA (although they start off longer). It's nowhere near as awful as the Anvil blanks are.

- Unwashed P&C vs washed P&C

- Washed P&C vs washed Anvil.

- Washed P&C vs washed AA

- Washed P&C vs unwashed Canvas

The sleeves are a big big big big big big plus over both the Anvil and Canvas offerings -- it's not super skimpy like the current Anvil nor is it tapered down as much as the Canvas; I can raise my arms all the way up without exposure or the shoulders lifting up. The armhole opening (sleeve to body seam) is also large enough not to pinch my armpits like the Anvil -- which is why most of my Anvil shirts are tanks instead.

The neckline is tight and on par with AA. None of the three copies were out of shape and the two washed copies remained tight. This is a very good showing, as the Canvas blanks vary from slightly loose to quite loose.

The hems are tight like the Anvil, which had a tendency to roll over time. Then again, some of my AA shirts had such issues too, so as long as it's not worse than those two, I feel it's fine.

My personal take? I'd opt for these now over the Canvas. Thus so far, it has proven to be as tolerant to shrinkage, but with better sleeves for me and much much better neckline.

ETA: Print quality. I can't say how much is due to the shirt blank and how much is due to the printer and/or print files, but here are a couple close ups of Ground Control to Major Tom; left is new, right is old:

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

mrjd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrjd

Wait... so now shipping is included in the base price of shirts? Now I'm essentially paying shipping for EACH item in my order? That's a bunch of crap and you know it.

Woot has just lost a customer that's been here for nearly a decade if thats the case.

The nearly see thru "premium" shirts cut the number of buys I make down significantly and now this? I'm done with Woot this is BS.

Your refurb electronics are crap, your shirt quality is garbage now.

Way to go.

Maximize those profits without my $.

Krollig2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Krollig2

Staff

mrjd wrote:Wait... so now shipping is included in the base price of shirts? Now I'm essentially paying shipping for EACH item in my order? That's a bunch of crap and you know it.

Woot has just lost a customer that's been here for nearly a decade if thats the case.

The nearly see thru "premium" shirts cut the number of buys I make down significantly and now this? I'm done with Woot this is BS.

Your refurb electronics are crap, your shirt quality is garbage now.

Way to go.

Maximize those profits without my $.

I appreciate your feedback, mrjd. This was an extremely difficult decision to make and was not made lightly nor was it made to be profiteer. Just to be clear, this decision was based purely on economics. We're hurting and needed to make the change; as an aside, this is how the pricing was prior to 2015 (price covering shipping). The alternative was to no longer be able to provide you with quality content from our phenomenal artists. I encourage you to try the Port & Company blank when it launches on 2/1. We appreciate your business through the years.

acraigl

quality posts: 232 Private Messages acraigl

Uh oh! Something's different.

VOTE >

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07

The new shirts are definitely an improvement over the current standard shirts. I have not done as detailed an analysis as Narfcake, but they have held up for a few washes and definitely have more room in the arm and shoulders which is great. I wish woot had decided to raise the price of the shirts by a bit more, but keep shipping $5 per order, but that is just me.

drmaxdog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drmaxdog

I am totally okay with the changes, but I figured I would put my two cents in on a request for MORE long sleeved shirts, and hooded sweat shirts. I might be missing something, but they seem to be few and far between lately. . . so just a northern NJ lady putting her thoughts out there from chilly NJ.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

kg07 wrote:The new shirts are definitely an improvement over the current standard shirts. I have not done as detailed an analysis as Narfcake, but they have held up for a few washes and definitely have more room in the arm and shoulders which is great.

What I have not done is compare/contrast the print quality -- which I will say that since the ruckus raised a few months back, I have not had any serious issues.

I wish woot had decided to raise the price of the shirts by a bit more, but keep shipping $5 per order, but that is just me.

Paying $5 shipping on a $7 item makes it feel like the shipping is really expensive because it's adding over 70% to the cost of the item. OTOH, paying $5 shipping on a $10 item makes it only +50% of the item, which doesn't feel as "expensive".

I usually buy a couple plus sales and a daily at a time. Under the current pricing, I'll be at $10+$11+$11+$5=$37 (and tax), give or take depending on whether I'm buying a t-shirt (Canvas) or a DIY tank (Anvil). Under the new pricing, I'd be at $45 (+tax). If it's one of those really good (bad) weeks, I'd be buying even more -- and this will definitely impact the quantity buyers. I know it gets expensive shipping a dozen plus shirts for $5, but exclude shipping the cat with the shirts and it's not going to cost Woot so much!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

amydealiah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amydealiah

I am so with drmaxdog on this one! Living in NE Ohio, long-sleeved Ts and sweatshirts are a must. After all, we can only get away with wearing Ts half the year, so would enjoy getting more variety of Woot shirts to wear the other half.

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
Narfcake wrote:Paying $5 shipping on a $7 item makes it feel like the shipping is really expensive because it's adding over 70% to the cost of the item. OTOH, paying $5 shipping on a $10 item makes it only +50% of the item, which doesn't feel as "expensive".

I usually buy a couple plus sales and a daily at a time. Under the current pricing, I'll be at $10+$11+$11+$5=$37 (and tax), give or take depending on whether I'm buying a t-shirt (Canvas) or a DIY tank (Anvil). Under the new pricing, I'd be at $45 (+tax). If it's one of those really good (bad) weeks, I'd be buying even more -- and this will definitely impact the quantity buyers. I know it gets expensive shipping a dozen plus shirts for $5, but exclude shipping the cat with the shirts and it's not going to cost Woot so much!

I didn't realize I was due a cat with each shipment. I'll have to take it up with Customer Service and get my bonus cats reshipped. :D

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

caityjean wrote:I didn't realize I was due a cat with each shipment. I'll have to take it up with Customer Service and get my bonus cats reshipped. :D

You're not! When sending out my orders, someone misread catshirts as cat, shirts.

caityjean

Narfcake wrote:You're not! When sending out my orders, someone misread catshirts as cat, shirts.

In that case I may start ordering more bigfoot shirts and see what happens. :P

Krollig2

Staff

amydealiah wrote:I am so with drmaxdog on this one! Living in NE Ohio, long-sleeved Ts and sweatshirts are a must. After all, we can only get away with wearing Ts half the year, so would enjoy getting more variety of Woot shirts to wear the other half.

Believe me, I know. I am from the great state of Alaska and understand the colder weather climates! We are constantly looking at options to bring back new apparel and non-apparel...hang tight! We will be bringing new stuff to you in the future.

Krollig2

Staff

caityjean wrote:In that case I may start ordering more bigfoot shirts and see what happens. :P

Just make sure you order bigfoot, shirts....then you never know what you're gonna get.
----Said Forest Gump

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 303 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Sounds mostly positive? Thanks Narfcake for the reassurance and the expert scrutiny of the new tee blanks.

$15 for shirt & shipping with increased fit and improved print quality sounds like an alright deal in my book.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Spiritgreen wrote:Sounds mostly positive? Thanks Narfcake for the reassurance and the expert scrutiny of the new tee blanks. ...

I actually had zero direct experience with these blanks before, so there were no presumptions whatsoever in evaluating the samples.

I'll try to put up some more sample pics after this weekend's laundry.

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

being from the northeastern states, i'd also like to glom on to the "please, pretty please, more long-sleeve t-shirts and hoodie/sweatshirt" offerings.

Bohsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bohsky
Krollig2 wrote: We are constantly looking at options to bring back new apparel and non-apparel...hang tight! We will be bringing new stuff to you in the future.

That's nice to hear that! I'm curious is it like near future (in few months) or future-future (not even this year) or just obscure future (you don't even know when)?

I know you want to make a surprise, but still...

niccele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niccele

Any chance at all that there will be non-crew neck shirt options with these higher prices? It doesn't look flattering on any female with boobs.

Veyska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Veyska
kg07 wrote:The new shirts are definitely an improvement over the current standard shirts. I have not done as detailed an analysis as Narfcake, but they have held up for a few washes and definitely have more room in the arm and shoulders which is great. I wish woot had decided to raise the price of the shirts by a bit more, but keep shipping $5 per order, but that is just me.

Not just you...

Given my buying tendencies this translates to something like a 30-40% price hike. Flirting with the boundaries of impulse purchases, and I'll be rather more picky in the future... 'Druther have more expensive shirts than no (more) Woot shirts, though.

(Ironically this will probably result in me buying a few catalog designs I'd been eying...)

MrBignell

quality posts: 21 Private Messages MrBignell
Narfcake wrote:Paying $5 shipping on a $7 item makes it feel like the shipping is really expensive because it's adding over 70% to the cost of the item. OTOH, paying $5 shipping on a $10 item makes it only +50% of the item, which doesn't feel as "expensive".

2 Reactions:
1. Yay for simplifying ordering throughout multiple events (especially for international shippers). There's times when I'd love to throw in a mug for $4, but don't want to pay an extra $10 shipping on a $4 mug. So yay for more organization saving on shipping costs.

2. I get shipping is going up, inflation, bleh. It's not often I buy just one shirt, so the flat rate shipping cost will likely save me $ in the long run. Bundle bundle

MrBignell

quality posts: 21 Private Messages MrBignell
Narfcake wrote:[b]Disclaimer #1: To any artists here -- PLEASE DO NOT START UP A NEW COMPANY TOMORROW! There is no need to panic!! It is completely unnecessary!!!

Hey Narf,
Thanks for the pics comparison. It's appreciated. A+ for your research report.

My question for you is, what brand should I be buying for length. I'm tall, and larges fit, but if dry them on anything but delicate they shrink up and will not (I always buy premium too ). With these changing brands, does one give a little more length then another? They look the same on the charts provided, but post-wash, do you notice anything??

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom

Does this mean (could this please mean) that women's Classic sizes could go higher than 1X? I can make do with a men's XL, but it's really a little too tight on the hips - but a 2XL hangs on me like a tent.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

MrBignell wrote:Hey Narf,

My question for you is, what brand should I be buying for length. I'm tall, and larges fit, but if dry them on anything but delicate they shrink up and will not (I always buy premium too ). With these changing brands, does one give a little more length then another? They look the same on the charts provided, but post-wash, do you notice anything??

I usually don't use the dryer (hang drying = zero energy costs), but the test sample P&C which has been dried three times now measured out the exact same length as a drier dried Canvas.

The line dried sample measured out with one another too.

MadamAtom wrote:Does this mean (could this please mean) that women's Classic sizes could go higher than 1X? I can make do with a men's XL, but it's really a little too tight on the hips - but a 2XL hangs on me like a tent.

I'm not staff, so I have no idea, but in my feedback to shirt.woot, I did bring up that the larger sizes are an underserved market.

caityjean

MrBignell wrote:Hey Narf,

I can't speak for the men's shirts but I noticed when I dried one of the women's shirts in the dryer on a regular setting it did shorten slightly. Could just be the way women's shirts are cut though. I'm sensitive to it because I'm on the taller side. My line dried test shirt didn't shorten at all which is why I hang dry 80% of my clothes anyway.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

caityjean wrote:I can't speak for the men's shirts but I noticed when I dried one of the women's shirts in the dryer on a regular setting it did shorten slightly. Could just be the way women's shirts are cut though. I'm sensitive to it because I'm on the taller side. My line dried test shirt didn't shorten at all which is why I hang dry 80% of my clothes anyway.

Zero energy costs FTW! Granted, it's going to be 80+ the next few days here too, which makes such a non-issue. Other climates wouldn't be as doable.

In my comparison pic, the men's shirts shrink a bit too. Nowhere near Anvil level, however!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
MrBignell wrote:They look the same on the charts provided, but post-wash, do you notice anything??

I can't speak for other shirts because I haven't tested them, but when I washed a men's medium of the new P&C blanks it lost about 2 inches in length after 6+ washes. I believe that to be pretty typical of any shirt washed that many times, but can't say for sure because I didn't test the old Anvil or Bella.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hello! My son and I tried the new P&C shirts.

I washed and dried them, measuring before an after. Shrinkage was about usual for cotton tshirt - an inch in length and in width.

The neck is nice. Not as tight as the old AA but not as loose as Anvil.

Material has a good feel. It's not super soft but you can't see through it either.

The sleeves are great and nicely long where the anvil sleeves were getting shorter and shorter by the year.

I wasn't a fan of Anvil but I like P&C.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

lonelypond

quality posts: 682 Private Messages lonelypond

I kept thinking I would bundle for the $5 shipping but it rarely happened. Clarity is good.

nightsx2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nightsx2

The new shirts are great. I never really cared for the short sleeves on the current shirts.

However, the new pricing structure just plain and simply sucks. I generally buy batches of shirts at a time, and this is going to mean a huge bottom line difference for me. If you order 10 Plus Sale shirts under the current structure, the total would be $85. Under the upcoming pricing, it would be $120.

If you're just ordering one shirt at a time, there's no issue; but this pricing structure just discourages large quantity purchases. I would be much more willing to pay incremental shipping charges, like at TeeFury or Ript. If this is the way things are going to be, I'll have no option but to cut way back on my Woot shirt purchases.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

nightsx2 wrote:...
However, the new pricing structure just plain and simply sucks. I generally buy batches of shirts at a time, and this is going to mean a huge bottom line difference for me. If you order 10 Plus Sale shirts under the current structure, the total would be $85. Under the upcoming pricing, it would be $120.

Actually $150.

A $3 bump to match the premium pricing plus shipping is probably readily acceptable. The flat pricing may scare away a fair number of customers that buy more than one, though.

mylionmaker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mylionmaker

Wow! This is a large price increase to roll out all at once. Granted $7 or $8 for a Tshirt was really too cheap, assuming this Woot thing is intended as a profitable venture.

I was laughing the other day as I walked by the Target Tshirts which are normally priced at $12.99. They are similar to the Woot shirts - lightweight and thin printing. Guess I won't laugh anymore.

When I first saw the announcement, but before reading it, I was thinking that heavier material and better quality printing would be sweet. Too bad neither happened here.

When I saw it was just a huge price increase, I have to say I am disappointed, especially with the shipping for multiple shirts.

It really would have been better to ease into this over a two or three year plan. Or to increase the general shipping fee but keep it separate from the shirt cost and have a more modest shirt price increase.

Vladrix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vladrix

You at least showed me flipping a table last time you messed with the pricing.....

Also, this makes it very unlikely I will use this site for shirt purchases now. It would have been way better to just increase the shirt prices and the one price shipping fee, but by adding shipping into every shirt its jacked the price to a point where I don't feel like its a 'good deal' anymore. I hope this works out for you woot, you are a great company. Just looks like I have to find a different daily shirt site

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Vladrix wrote:You at least showed me flipping a table last time you messed with the pricing.....

Here ya go: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Veyska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Veyska
Veyska wrote:Given my buying tendencies this translates to something like a 30-40% price hike. Flirting with the boundaries of impulse purchases, and I'll be rather more picky in the future... 'Druther have more expensive shirts than no (more) Woot shirts, though.

That'll teach me to write posts involving math when I'm tired and not paying attention... Price hike will be more like 40-50%, completely blanked out and forgot the extra 4$ for catalog listings. Probably done ordering anything out of the catalog in addition to being pickier, which is easily half my purchases gone, and if I miss the initial/plus window then oh well not worth it anymore. :-/

Sominex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sominex

I've got to agree with the others: we tend to buy several shirts at once and to combine them with other purchases. In fact, I'll miss a shirt deal rather than pay $5 postage for just one shirt.

With each shirt paying full shipping, my days of giving multiple shirts to family and friends for birthdays, etc, are over. That's waaaay too much money.

Also, I don't understand how this pricing works. Surely it doesn't cost twice as much postage and labor to put two shirts into a bag, rather than one. Likewise, it can't cost three times as much for three shirts.

But, that's what Woot will be charging me.

And, now that Woot is owned by Amazon, don't they get the same massive economy-of-scale price break on shipping that Amazon does?

Why are multiple shirt buyers getting reamed on postage?

I can assure Woot that if the new price structure goes into effect, we'll be buying shirts only very rarely, whereas my wife and I used to buy lots of shirts. (In the past year, 167 on her account; 7 on mine)

The inability to combine shipping between shirts and other Woot items will make us much less likely to order from either category.

The blog post makes it sound like this increase is a done deal. That's too bad. We'll have to look for a different shirt site now.

Wootoad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wootoad

I have to say that I, like many other posters here, am disappointed with the new "shipping included in price" scheme. I am a person who tends to buy multiple shirts/items at a time to save on shipping when possible, but this change takes away that option. I will really have to LOVE a shirt now to buy it. The increase will seriously curb my impulse buying. Just my two cents.

Krollig2

Staff

Bohsky wrote:That's nice to hear that! I'm curious is it like near future (in few months) or future-future (not even this year) or just obscure future (you don't even know when)?

I know you want to make a surprise, but still...

The goal is the short version of the future (next few months).

Krollig2

Staff

niccele wrote:Any chance at all that there will be non-crew neck shirt options with these higher prices? It doesn't look flattering on any female with boobs.

The short answer is, yes. The long answer is, it's complicated. We have women's v-necks on the roadmap but they do not yet have a timeline.

nightsx2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nightsx2

We need to make more money. Let's charge people more, so they buy less.