Back to Amazon.com

babaoriley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babaoriley

This site has been in decline since purchased from Amazon. The deals aren't as good and their aren't as many. Now instead of offering to ship everything for $5, they just tack that onto the price of a shirt and call it "Free Shipping" when in reality you're now being charged much more for shipping if you happen to buy more than one item. I've been a member for years, but getting really close to deleting my bookmark.

RIP WooT....It was a good run

6devisser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 6devisser

What happened?

6devisser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 6devisser

I can't believe it. Next you'll be telling me that COSTCO got rid of their $1.50 all beef hotdog and a drink deal. There is nothing special about WOOT anymore. I'm going somewhere else for my t-shirts. The other deals never were that great anyway.

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Not to be too snarky, but I am pretty sure we sell more things now than before we were acquired...
I count five things here.

But cheekiness aside, we have had some killer deals lately. I spend my fair share of money I get paid at Woot straight back again. I just bought a freaking $20 Melodica! We've also had Yeti coolers for mega discounts, we got yelled at for not having enough cheap NES classics (and we had a lot and they sold out fast), we had game controllers at unforeseen prices, ASICS runners at a great discount, Dysons at compelling prices... So I'm interested as I've seen a lot of deals *kill* lately and I can see how many we're selling. But from your post, we ain't listing stuff you're excited by, so what kind of things would you like to see us try and get? I can't guarantee anything (I mean, we found it really hard to get mega discounts on enough Toys to keep a whole category open for it unfortunately). What are you excited by, deal-wise?

In truth, our VM team are working super hard to negotiate and get even better deals to put in front of you all. They're really quite amazing and work super hard to get prices to compelling levels.

Plus we also have the Flash Deals section where we, yes, get Amazon's leftovers but there's often incredible crap in there (I got a boutique Phaser guitar pedal for 75% off last year!). There's also a stupid number of door knobs, but we're working on ways to keep the door knob/awesome guitar pedal balance more in check automatically. I mean, the door knobs seem to have a fringe group of passionate customers too. Who knew?

So what can we look for that you would like to see more of?

(And no, $7 shirts isn't an option, alas).

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

wajeremy wrote:... (And no, $7 shirts isn't an option, alas).

How about $10 + $5 flat shipping instead?

On another note, I am seeing more retargeting ads for Woot. Nothing wrong -- I get those for other sites too like Zoro, Amazon, and TeeTurtle. And if I go somewhere else -- sure, that makes sense -- but it seems unnecessary to run them here because I'M STILL HERE!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

wajeremy

Staff

Narfcake wrote:How about $10 + $5 flat shipping instead?

On another note, I am seeing more retargeting ads for Woot. Nothing wrong -- I get those for other sites too like Zoro, Amazon, and TeeTurtle. And if I go somewhere else -- sure, that makes sense -- but it seems unnecessary to run them here because I'M STILL HERE!

Oh thank goodness, it's WORKING! That stuff is dang hard to test. We are trying to do this thing where we get customers to come to Woot. We think it might help us keep the forums funded. :-)

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

wajeremy wrote:Oh thank goodness, it's WORKING! That stuff is dang hard to test. We are trying to do this thing where we get customers to come to Woot. We think it might help us keep the forums funded. :-)

All well and good, but try to get your own ads to run somewhere other than here at Woot!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

EggRollinz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EggRollinz
wajeremy wrote:
So what can we look for that you would like to see more of?

(And no, $7 shirts isn't an option, alas).

Free international shipping to at least Canada...
Seriously you put prices up to $19 from $8-$12 per shirt and yet still expect me to pay for normal shipping because I'm out of country? There is literally no reason why I should patronize this site anymore.

Before if I bought various shirts the most expensive shipping option was $40 for 15 shirts at a total of 184, which came to $12.27 per shirt. Even if you included inflation etc they should never have gone past $15 and that should include shipping.

If you want to charge $19 I'm fine with that, as long as I too get free shipping. Else no more money from me, and I was looking at another fair size purchase, guess not.

meezcrazi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meezcrazi

Unfortunately the new pricing will make it less likely I’ll purchase more than one shirt. Before the $5 shipping was an incentive to purchase more than one item.

therealjrn

quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn
wajeremy wrote:Oh thank goodness, it's WORKING! That stuff is dang hard to test. We are trying to do this thing where we get customers to come to Woot. We think it might help us keep the forums funded. :-)

"help us keep the forums funded"

I long suspected you guys would kill the forums. Regardless, it's been fun, but Woot has long neglected forum updates and I'm certain our days as forum contributors are numbered. :-)

wajeremy

Staff

therealjrn wrote:"help us keep the forums funded"

I long suspected you guys would kill the forums. Regardless, it's been fun, but Woot has long neglected forum updates and I'm certain our days as forum contributors are numbered. :-)

I love what you write TRJ, but I love it even more when you are wrong. :-)

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 99 Private Messages daveinwarshington
babaoriley wrote:
RIP WooT....It was a good run

Well that sucks.
Will beer be served at the woot-wake? I also like those little meatballs or pizza or tacos.

75blazer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages 75blazer

The beginning of the end is here for sure. I heard an ad for woot on the radio tonight.

daveinwarshington

75blazer wrote:The beginning of the end is here for sure. I heard an ad for woot on the radio tonight.

What?
Maybe they will rent the Goodyear blimp next!

wajeremy

Staff

75blazer wrote:The beginning of the end is here for sure. I heard an ad for woot on the radio tonight.

Hahaha yesssssss. I was excited about that. We have a *fairly* new marketing lead and she’s awesome. I love we are trying new ways to get attention!

RebelTaz

quality posts: 42 Private Messages RebelTaz

Just curious re: flashdeals... do you guys get much call for discounted appliance repair parts?! I wouldn't think that someone sitting somewhere with a broken [appliance] would be thinking, "dude! Maybe Woot has a repair part for that!"

x51x2x2
... ...

wajeremy

Staff

RebelTaz wrote:Just curious re: flashdeals... do you guys get much call for discounted appliance repair parts?! I wouldn't think that someone sitting somewhere with a broken [appliance] would be thinking, "dude! Maybe Woot has a repair part for that!"

You’d be surprised! But yeah, I want to look into how we can limit the super weird obscure appliance parts on there without needing an army of people to manually vet every deal. We’re only a small bunch so flash deals is mostly on “autopilot” grabbing stuff from amazon. Once we get through some of the prime follow ups we can try and improve flash deal signal to noise.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

wajeremy wrote:You’d be surprised! But yeah, I want to look into how we can limit the super weird obscure appliance parts on there ...

Can you hold off on that? I'm awaiting for a bargain price on a display and door switch for my washing machine.

TrainingGalen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrainingGalen

Just go to Meh.com. It was started by the Woot originator and follows the same format as the original Woot! Wonderful deals on a great a friendly site! Woot's B_OF_C's STINK! The blizzardubukuro bags of Meh are like stars... they twink!

therealjrn

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think blizzardubukuro is a real word.

TrainingGalen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrainingGalen
therealjrn wrote:I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think blizzardubukuro is a real word.

Woot changed the word, just like they do for the B_O_C. It should be F_U-K_U_B_U_K_U_R_O bag.

therealjrn

TrainingGalen wrote:Woot changed the word, just like they do for the B_O_C. It should be F_U-K_U_B_U_K_U_R_O bag.

Well, bless your heart.

daveinwarshington

TrainingGalen wrote:Woot changed the word, just like they do for the B_O_C. It should be F_U-K_U_B_U_K_U_R_O bag.

Sometimes...
I just need to see more items for sale than a pair of bluetooth speakers...
But hey... If it works for you... Great!

ps... My last few B0C's have been pretty darn nice! Actually nicer than the blizzardos I've gotten...

therealjrn

Woot, you suck. I was looking for a GearWrench 41630D Bearing Race and Seal Set tonight and now I see you are sold out! What gives???

butter021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butter021

So. Has anybody found a replacement? Desperately need a site like original woot.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
butter021 wrote:So. Has anybody found a replacement? Desperately need a site like original woot.

No. There is nothing else. Only woot. You have been assimilated.

butter021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butter021
moles1138 wrote:No. There is nothing else. Only woot. You have been assimilated.

Come on i heard a commercial on the radio for woot. It made me cry. There has to be something else.

daveinwarshington

Don't fight it.
Just relax, click the 'BUY' button a few times.
You'll feel better soon.

wajeremy

Staff

butter021 wrote:Come on i heard a commercial on the radio for woot. It made me cry. There has to be something else.

Yeah sorry. Sometimes we try new things. This time, we are trying to have customers. It's a weird tack, but we think if we have customers, we might be able to stay here and goof off with y'all a mite longer.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

butter021 wrote:Come on i heard a commercial on the radio for woot. It made me cry. There has to be something else.

Wait, it wasn't supposed to be a tear jerker.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 19 Private Messages benjaminleebates

What a hipster comment... What, capitalism? Harumph, I'm taking my hacky-sack and going home.

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

devexityspace

quality posts: 25 Private Messages devexityspace

This is too funny. I was just talking about how I missed the once great Woot (years ago) that wasn't purchased by Amazon so I hopped over to see if anything had changed (it hasn't)

I will agree with the OP but you're a bit too late to be removing the bookmark (a couple of years late).

To anyone who is still lurking around that was around back when Bet on Colds were good, The community was fun, and deals.woot.com was around: Heyo!

Even meh isn't that great TBH. Their supply chain and changes werent enough to lure me in. Cest La Vie.

Nothing gold can stay

Bunnies Ogling Carrots Count: 6
Todd's Dirt: 6
Monkey Count: 3
Woot Lights Count: 1
Leak Frogs: 0

devexityspace

quality posts: 25 Private Messages devexityspace
butter021 wrote:So. Has anybody found a replacement? Desperately need a site like original woot.

there is always meh.com for your daily deal fix, but I don't care for it as much. The deals arent that great (very different supply chain), and it seems a lot of what they do choose is well... crap

The community (while a lot are from the old Woot community), has become cancerous due to the culture shift. The discussions feel more like a troll reddit thread than a community.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots Count: 6
Todd's Dirt: 6
Monkey Count: 3
Woot Lights Count: 1
Leak Frogs: 0