Ticklebunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ticklebunny

Hello, I have a quick question RE shipping.

There are a few shirts I'm interested in purchasing, and the last time I ordered a shirt, my order came by way of UPS, and there was a bit of a mix-up. I posted about it here:

https://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7248439&pageindex=1&replycount=2

What my question is is, do the shirts still come by way of UPS, & do they still leave packages at an Access Point to pick up at if one isn't home when packages arrive? I am just concerned because I'm unable to drive, and I just don't want things getting mixed up like that last time I posted about.

In the past, when I bought shirts, it arrived in the USPS mail that I always remembered.

Thanks in advance.

Narfcake

quality posts: 394 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Ticklebunny wrote:...
What my question is is, do the shirts still come by way of UPS, & do they still leave packages at an Access Point to pick up at if one isn't home when packages arrive? ...

I'm not staff, so don't count this as an official answer, but in recent years, all shirts originate with UPS. Under 3 shirts, it's typically via UPS Surepost, which is handed off to the local post office for final delivery. 4 or more shirts, they may use UPS Ground, which is 100% UPS.

An exception is if the shirts ship expedited; I've also had some ship 3-day, 2-day, and next day, even though I didn't opt for faster shipping.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Ticklebunny

Narfcake wrote:I'm not staff, so don't count this as an official answer, but in recent years, all shirts originate with UPS. Under 3 shirts, it's typically via UPS Surepost, which is handed off to the local post office for final delivery. 4 or more shirts, they may use UPS Ground, which is 100% UPS.

An exception is if the shirts ship expedited; I've also had some ship 3-day, 2-day, and next day, even though I didn't opt for faster shipping.

Oh, OK. When I got that order that I mentioned about, it was just one shirt, & I didn't ask for faster shipping.

Narfcake

quality posts: 394 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Ticklebunny wrote:Oh, OK. When I got that order that I mentioned about, it was just one shirt, & I didn't ask for faster shipping.

Yeah, most of my orders that were shipped with an expedited method weren't requested for either. A errant setup or guilt trip by Woot? I don't know.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1033 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ticklebunny wrote:Hello, I have a quick question RE shipping.

There are a few shirts I'm interested in purchasing, and the last time I ordered a shirt, my order came by way of UPS, and there was a bit of a mix-up. I posted about it here:

https://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7248439&pageindex=1&replycount=2

What my question is is, do the shirts still come by way of UPS, & do they still leave packages at an Access Point to pick up at if one isn't home when packages arrive? I am just concerned because I'm unable to drive, and I just don't want things getting mixed up like that last time I posted about.

In the past, when I bought shirts, it arrived in the USPS mail that I always remembered.

Thanks in advance.

Similar to what Narf said. Yes, we use UPS Surepost in most cases.This is where UPS hands it off to your post office for final delivery.

UPS can decide to go ahead and deliver themselves if they're going to be in that area anyway. They do this quite a bit.

If it's not being left at your residence or mailbox, that's something the UPS driver would have decided to do for some reason. For example, during the holidays if they're worried someone will steal the item.

Hope this helps.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Ticklebunny

ThunderThighs wrote:Similar to what Narf said. Yes, we use UPS Surepost in most cases.This is where UPS hands it off to your post office for final delivery.

UPS can decide to go ahead and deliver themselves if they're going to be in that area anyway. They do this quite a bit.

If it's not being left at your residence or mailbox, that's something the UPS driver would have decided to do for some reason. For example, during the holidays if they're worried someone will steal the item.

Hope this helps.

Ahhh, I see. It just kinda surprised me that they did it that way then, as I am always used to shirts I've bought in the past have been delivered by the post office when they reached the final destination.

And yes, I understand that during holiday season, they would want to make sure no one steals anyone's package(s).

Thank you both for your responses, and yes, they were helpful.