Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 306 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Greetings from the Yarn Ball

I hear it's the biggest ball of yarn in Minnesota.
-Spiritgreen

Spiritgreen

Re: A Modest Cat

Oh wow, nice work!

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: Planet of the Dogs

Take your stinking paws off me, you darn dirty dog!

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Skull Island

Amazing! +1

VOTE >

krittikae

quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae
Re: In a Hanging Garden

Now if only I could keep MY garden alive!

Vote!

Follow me here!

trippinspears

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trippinspears

yasss wonder bread/ worlds/ ricky bobby shake and bake

Re: Wonder Worlds

poopycakes

quality posts: 16 Private Messages poopycakes
Re: nekolossus

I was hoping someone would do a lucky cat wotw thats awesome!

LordSedrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LordSedrick
Re: Tree Of Ages

That's just beautiful execution.

poopycakes

Re: Tree Of Ages

epic beauty!

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Arcane Cruises

Green on purple looks great! +1

VOTE >

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Re: Satire

Satire, my nomination for one of the Wonders of the World, isn't so modern at all since both Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome had their satirists. Colossuses can fall into the sea, Hanging Gardens can die of root rot, and Great Pyramids can—okay, well, yeah. The Great Pyramids are still there. Nevertheless, the point is that the pen can be mightier than the sword, and this has been true from ancient times all the way to today—whether it's an essay modestly proposing eating poor children or a giant gas bag protesting another giant gas bag's institutional consumption of more poor children. In a world where The Onion is more and more frequently mistaken for reality—and vice versa, I think Mark Twain would have felt right at home. And he's right: Truth is stranger than fiction." Therefore, I propose SATIRE for one of the New Wonders of the World. So let us celebrate Truth, Fiction, and Satire—while they are all still legal.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Must be early in the trip. That Wagonqueen still has its hubcaps and unmarred wood paneling.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

poopycakes

Re: It Was Aliens

beautiful colors and style FB

EwingKlipspringer

Re: Wonder Itself

It may seem obvious, but Wonder itself should be considered a Wonder of the World. Without a sense of wonder, we as a species would probably never left our tree branches or caves and made our way to the suburbs. Without Wonder, we wouldn't have fire or agriculture or art or snack chips or the ability to binge-watch Netflix.

As M. C. Escher said, "He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder." And he continued to say it until he was eaten by a large snake.

Although, now that I actually see that written down, maybe I just dreamed that last part at four in the morning, as I lay on the couch binge-watching Netflix, a wet mash of Doritoes crumbs in my beard. And I don't even have a beard.

Ewwww.

krittikae

Re: Unraveling the Mystery

This is designed by Degaussv2. Thanks!

Vote!

Follow me here!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
poopycakes wrote:beautiful colors and style FB

Thank you!

aramarston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aramarston
Re: Wonder where she is...

I tip my hat to you!

Vorspiell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vorspiell
Re: Planet of the Dogs

Got a good hefty chuckle out of this design :D

Spiritgreen

Narfcake wrote:Must be early in the trip. That Wagonqueen still has its hubcaps and unmarred wood paneling.

And you can still kinda see out of the back windows between the decals.

krittikae

Re: Playing with Pyramids

Cats were pretty revered in Ancient Egypt. Maybe they really built the pyramids for them to play with?

Vote!

Follow me here!

Vorspiell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vorspiell
Re: Wonder where she is...

Love the use of negative space

poopycakes

wow this is amazing Simic

ste7enl

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ste7enl

Aww, yiss.

EwingKlipspringer

Re: The Desire to Understand

Neil Armstrong said that "Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand." Neil Armstrong said that. Neil Armstrong.

He walked on the moon. The moon.

We don't walk on the moon anymore. High school students can't even find the moon on a map. Some of them mistake Minnesota for the moon. Others deny that anyone ever walked on the moon. My neighbor doesn't even walk to her mailbox. She drives the five car lengths to the end of her driveway to check the mail.

So in these approaching dark ages, I propose adding The Desire To Understand to the New Wonders of the World with the hope that some people out there will keep wonder alive and continue the desire to understand.

fishbiscuit5

Fun design!

EwingKlipspringer

Re: The Pull Tab

If you aren't of a certain age, you may not remember pull-tabs. And if you are really young, you may not even remember the controversy they engendered not too long ago. Along with the much-ballyhooed Y2K bug, their appearance on a UNESCO list was the story of the new millennium. In the late 1990s, when the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) announced plans to publish of the second millennium's most significant Cultural Artifacts—the so-called 100,000 Wonders of the World—aficionados of the beverage can Pull-Tab ("Tabbies," as they affectionately refer to one another) were hoping that their favorite invention would finally garner the respect that this significant innovation so clearly deserved. Most Tabbies, you see, remember the dark days when one had to bring some kind of can opener with them in order to enjoy canned beverages—and, likewise, most Tabbies can relate horror stories of being caught on an outing or picnic without one. So when Ermal Fraze invented the pull-tab in 1959, like Prometheus, he bestowed upon a thankful humanity a gift that many likened to the discovery of fire—or at least the invention of manufactured firelogs like Duraflame. And, as such, most Tabbies believed the importance of Fraze's invention would land it in that coveted Top 100 spot on UNESCO's list. Much to their horror, however, the Pull-Tab ended up coming in at number 87,151—just beating out Sony's Betamax but losing to Ronco's Mr. Microphone. There were, of course, complaints and protests and four or five hundred lawsuits from different organizations and lobbying groups outraged that their products hadn't received adequate consideration and a commensurate ranking on the list. So, as a result, the release of the Official UNESCO Second Millennium List has been held up by various courts in different countries for the past twenty years. It is hoped that the different lawsuits will all be settled and the rankings finally made official before the start of the next millennium. We'll keep you posted.

krittikae

Re: Wonderful World

Inspired by the classic Wonders of the Ancient World. Wear it during your next history exam.

Vote!

Follow me here!

simic

quality posts: 24 Private Messages simic

Seems that I'm not the only one who came here to praise that station wagon. Great job!

bryanott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryanott

Makes me want a sandwich.

Re: Wonder Worlds

Spiritgreen

Exquisite cartography, sir!

LordSedrick

Vorspiell wrote:Love the use of negative space

Thanks!

ApeLad

quality posts: 71 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: It Was Aliens

I knew it!

ApeLad

Re: Wonder of Greasy

My kids will be all over this.

ApeLad

Their Sheraton only has one star reviews, and now I see why.

ApeLad

As someone who's about to go on a roadtrip in a couple weeks, this really speaks to me! GMV!

fishbiscuit5

Yup. This is my childhood, wood paneled station wagon and all. Except maybe the giant ball of yarn. Great work!

LordSedrick

kg07

quality posts: 15 Private Messages kg07

Very Nice! Great detail and a fun design.

fishbiscuit5

Re: misassembled monument

You can find it in Aisle 38 Bin 5.