Back to Amazon.com

benwyeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benwyeth

Staff

Derby 668: Life in the Style of Anime -
We love the unique visual stylings of anime because it’s awesome, and we love life because we’re not unfeeling monsters. And next week’s derby is an epic mash-up that brings them both together. Designs should show a slice of life rendered in the style of Anime. And by “slice of life” we mean anything from the mundane minutia of everyday living to some popular piece of pop culture. No cats, no cream, and no characters from actual Anime/Manga franchises.

Don’t like that topic? Here’s an alternative: We’re also looking for great designs of a parody/non-infringey nature that feature popular characters, elements, or themes from actual Anime franchises. They can’t go in the Derby, but you can submit them through the standard submission portal.

And don’t forget to visit & weigh in on our forum thread about the Derby!

BEN WYETH
Art Director - Shirt.Woot

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 19 Private Messages benjaminleebates

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 17 Private Messages cdrewlow

I suck at drawing anime, but I love this kind of theme!

poopycakes

quality posts: 14 Private Messages poopycakes

Awww no cats again! worse still, no anime cats, maybe there will be an anime cats only derby soon, that's probably correct 🐈

benjaminleebates

poopycakes wrote:Awww no cats again! worse still, no anime cats, maybe there will be an anime cats only derby soon, that's probably correct 🐈

politically incorrect anime cats, to be sure...

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cubbiecatz
poopycakes wrote:Awww no cats again! worse still, no anime cats, maybe there will be an anime cats only derby soon, that's probably correct 🐈

Does this count as cruel and unusual punishment yet?

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

3 weeks and no cats. WHY?! You're not trying to break a record set for rules against a specific topic, are you?

Granted, back in the days, it was because of one artist.

129: No bunnies.
130: No bunnies.
131: No bunnies.
132: No bunnies.
135: No bunnies.
138: No bunnies.
139: No bunnies.
141: No bunnies.
142: No bunnies.
143: No bunnies.
146: No bunnies.
149: No bunnies. No penguins.
151: No bunnies. No penguins.
153: No bunnies. No penguins.
154: No bunnies.
158: No bunnies. No hamsters.
159: No bunnies.
160: No kittens, bunnies, or penguins.
178: No bunnies.
181: No bunnies.
182: No bunnies.
183: No bunnies. ... no kittens or penguins either.
184: No bunnies or penguins.
185: No bunnies. No penguins either.
186: No bunnies, kittens, or turtles.
195: No bunnies or squirrels.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte

Someone should try an aimie baby looking a little like a bunny/cat/penguin cross, what a combo,

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

mcobutte wrote:Someone should try an aimie baby looking a little like a bunny/cat/penguin cross, what a combo,

Yeah, the one that would have done such doesn't participate here anymore.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

benjaminleebates

Narfcake wrote:Yeah, the one that would have done such doesn't participate here anymore.

Thankfully. Let's not invoke the name of that which must not be said.

speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah
Narfcake wrote:3 weeks and no cats. WHY?! You're not trying to break a record set for rules against a specific topic, are you?

Granted, back in the days, it was because of one artist.

129: No bunnies.
130: No bunnies.
131: No bunnies.
132: No bunnies.
135: No bunnies.
138: No bunnies.
139: No bunnies.
141: No bunnies.
142: No bunnies.
143: No bunnies.
146: No bunnies.
149: No bunnies. No penguins.
151: No bunnies. No penguins.
153: No bunnies. No penguins.
154: No bunnies.
158: No bunnies. No hamsters.
159: No bunnies.
160: No kittens, bunnies, or penguins.
178: No bunnies.
181: No bunnies.
182: No bunnies.
183: No bunnies. ... no kittens or penguins either.
184: No bunnies or penguins.
185: No bunnies. No penguins either.
186: No bunnies, kittens, or turtles.
195: No bunnies or squirrels.

lol. you talking bout ramyb?

speedcheetah

benjaminleebates wrote:Thankfully. Let's not invoke the name of that which must not be said.

crap. oops. lol. he was burning me out back in the day with those cute little animals that would crush every derby!

benjaminleebates

speedcheetah wrote:crap. oops. lol. he was burning me out back in the day with those cute little animals that would crush every derby!

Remember, the term "turbunquin" was invented from his antics...

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

speedcheetah wrote:crap. oops. lol. he was burning me out back in the day with those cute little animals that would crush every derby!

It's what the Wooters wanted. Back then, he found and figured the audience here -- and catered to it. Alas, years of egging him to "take your dreck elsewhere" started the backfire one day after the changing of the blanks was announced. And a reason why cute doesn't have the same audience as it did 6+ years ago.

Side note: Last year, I was quite surprised to see Diana Sprinkle as a staff artist there. @PHP as art director didn't surprise me as much, though.

benjaminleebates wrote:Remember, the term "turbunquin" was invented from his antics...

I don't recall who coined that portmanteau, but I miss Adder's posts ... sometimes.

benjaminleebates

Narfcake wrote:I don't recall who coined that portmanteau, but I miss Adder's posts ... sometimes.

I don't recall either, I just think it was in regards to his wheel house.
I miss adder, too. For me, he was like that talk radio host. I agreed with most of what he said, but he did it with such panache that bleeding hearts had to stand up for his targets just on principle.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Narfcake wrote:3 weeks and no cats. WHY?! You're not trying to break a record set for rules against a specific topic, are you?

long list
[/url]

Narf, been meaning to ask you. Do you have this shirt? It's one of my favorites because nobody gets it right away.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Narf, been meaning to ask you. Do you have this shirt? It's one of my favorites because nobody gets it right away.

I don't think so. Definitely not through direct means, at least.

Reason why I'm not for certain: on finds like this ...

... it becomes quantity over quality.

(Note the item counts. I sent a PM to the one I believe donated the latter, but never heard anything back.)

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07
ThunderThighs wrote:Narf, been meaning to ask you. Do you have this shirt? It's one of my favorites because nobody gets it right away.

That is an awesome shirt! I hope bringing this up will help get it to show up in a side sale (soon).

speedcheetah

On the derby submission guidelines page, it says a max of 6 spot colors. Apologies for being out of the loop for so long, but I see a bunch of shirts with way more than 6 colors. Is the color limitation still a thing? Just looking for clairty. Thanks!!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

speedcheetah wrote:On the derby submission guidelines page, it says a max of 6 spot colors. Apologies for being out of the loop for so long, but I see a bunch of shirts with way more than 6 colors. Is the color limitation still a thing? Just looking for clairty. Thanks!!

No longer a limitation.

The verbiage will be revised ... eventually. Just like any reference to mini-derbies and the opening post of the top 20. Wootbot hasn't done a "juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post" in years and years.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

benjaminleebates wrote:I don't recall either, I just think it was in regards to his wheel house.
I miss adder, too. For me, he was like that talk radio host. I agreed with most of what he said, but he did it with such panache that bleeding hearts had to stand up for his targets just on principle.

The vitriol yielding to the Streisand effect was real.

Then he took that advice ... and for better or worse here, the rest is history.

(Also, how many people could seriously say 'I didn't become a doctor so I can draw cats and bunnies for a living.'?)

benjaminleebates

Narfcake wrote:The vitriol yielding to the Streisand effect was real.

Then he took that advice ... and for better or worse here, the rest is history.

(Also, how many people could seriously say 'I didn't become a doctor so I can draw cats and bunnies for a living.'?)

I just hope, when his end does finally come, many, many, many, years in the future; that they put a something akin to a turbunquin on his tombstone. I mean that with all do respect, of course.

poopycakes

quality posts: 14 Private Messages poopycakes
cubbiecatz wrote:Does this count as cruel and unusual punishment yet?

yep

Greaek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Greaek

Man, I think I had a pretty good idea for this one, just don't have the skill to draw anime well enough to pull it off.