Last updated: October 31, 2016
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Woot Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Woot Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Woot.com?
- Terms and Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Woot experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Woot.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Woot on other Web sites. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by us, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, Click here.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Woot if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Email Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as personalized advertisements on other Web sites and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with our parent corporation, Amazon.com, Inc., and the subsidiaries it controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses might sell offerings to you directly through Woot.com, such as the wineries who sell on Wine.Woot. In other cases, we might sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of our customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Email Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Woot, Inc., or substantially all of its assets, are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Woot and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Woot, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your payment instrument numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire payment instrument number to the appropriate payment company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at Woot.com, including personalized or interest-based ads, please read our Interest Based Ads policy.
Woot gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Woot for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples, the list of which will change as our Web site evolves.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of Woot features, such as participating in Woot community forums.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we sometimes keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Email Preferences. If you do not want to receive Terms and Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Woot.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
- You can opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from third-party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Allianceâ€™s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
Woot does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Woot.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Alcohol listings on wine.woot.com are intended for adults. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase alcohol, or use any site functionality related to alcohol.
If you choose to visit Woot.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at Woot.com, please email email@example.com with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you register as a member, search for products, place an order through Woot or one of our third-party sellers, or participate in community forums, surveys, contests, promotions, content submissions, discussion groups, requests for suggestions or other features or services offered by us. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address and phone numbers; your appearance if you elect to use an image of yourself as your avatar; credit/debit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone numbers; and content of reviews and e-mails to us.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Examples of information you can access easily at Woot.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, e-mail preferences); payment settings (including payment information); e-mail notification settings; and your avatar image and community forum signature.
We use Amazon and third-party ad serving companies to display interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our websites, content or services. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as purchasing on our websites, visiting sites that contain our content or ads, or interacting with our websites and services. Click here for more information about the types of information that we gather. In providing interest-based ads, Amazon follows the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (a coalition of marketing, online advertising, and consumer advocacy organizations).
We do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to the third-party sites that display our interest-based ads. However, advertisers and other third parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards. Also, some third parties may provide us and Amazon information about you (such as the sites where you have been shown ads or demographic information) from offline and online sources that may be used to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.
We offer you choices about receiving interest-based ads from Amazon. You can choose not to receive interest-based ads from Amazon by adjusting your Advertising Preferences. If you choose to opt out of receiving interest-based ads from Amazon, you will still see ads but they will not be personalized.
In addition to the interest-based ads from Amazon, we may also use other third parties to serve interest-based ads. You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third parties who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI Website and DAA Website.