July 4th is on its way, so we wanted to celebrate with a super-patriotic, USA! USA! USA! Americana-themed derby. Give us your best designs that say America, the 3 winning designs will be printed ON AMERICAN APPAREL BLANKS! And what's more, if we receive more than 1776 votes total, all Derby shirts will sell for $10.
SPECIAL PATRIOTIC PAYMENT STRUCTURE:
- 1st Place – $1776 (duh)
- 2nd Place – $1492 (Chris C'bus)
- 3rd Place – Circa $1000 (Vikings establish settlements in what is now L'Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland, Canada...maybe. But seriously, we'll pay you $1000.)
Some other notes:
- No creme tees
- The other big change we hinted at last week... is getting pushed back a bit. Sorry, we're still working out the kinks.
- We'll be reaching out to Honorable Mention worthy designs in this derby to put together a patriotic plus sale on 6/23 (sorry, those won't be on American Apparel).
- Speaking of Honorable Mentions, you prolly noticed we haven't had those in a bit. Well, that's related to point #2 here. OOOOOH SECRETS SECRETS SECRETS!
Derby #359: Metamorphosis closed for voting at noon today. One of these designs will go on sale as our First Place selection on Friday - the rest could be selected by our Editors to print or just go down in near-miss history. Click on each picture below to see that entry's page, with a fuller view of the design. The final nine, in no particular order...