Derby #32: Line Art
+67

Steampunk is not Dead

Steampunk is not Dead
add a comment

Comments

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Re: Steampunk is not Dead


Steampunk is not dead my friends. Enjoy the flavor from the bowels of your airship (office cubicle) with this shirt. Say proudly, "Yes, I dream of a steampunk nation."

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Steampunk is not Dead


Cool picture!

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
2thFairy wrote:Cool picture!


Thank you very much. I'm glad you like it.

Aberrantic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
Re: Steampunk is not Dead


Nice, I hope Joel doesn't get pissy and reject this for being related to the flying penguin

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Gumiho wrote:Steampunk is not dead my friends. Enjoy the flavor from the bowels of your airship (office cubicle) with this shirt. Say proudly, "Yes, I dream of a steampunk nation."


as a lover of all things steampunk, this is a valiant effort, but doesn't quite capture the true essence of it. there's not enough modernity in it to really elevate it from "historic contraption" to steampunk. It's also too flat...more of a schematic than a machine itself because there's no depth.

keep at it though! cho should repost that link he posted earlier to "how to draw steampunk"

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Aberrantic wrote:Nice, I hope Joel doesn't get pissy and reject this for being related to the flying penguin


I'm sure it won't. Joel didn't b&hammer the other design for steampunk elements but because it was yet another penguin (even more, yet another penguin trying to fly). It was the subject matter that finally got the axe, not the style it was done in. I'm glad you like the image.

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
brizz wrote:as a lover of all things steampunk, this is a valiant effort, but doesn't quite capture the true essence of it. there's not enough modernity in it to really elevate it from "historic contraption" to steampunk. It's also too flat...more of a schematic than a machine itself because there's no depth.

keep at it though! cho should repost that link he posted earlier to "how to draw steampunk"


I'll keep that in mind if I ever work with this kind of design again. I don't generally ever draw machines or steampunk, but the derby is just my excuse to try out new things, so I thought I'd give it a go. I've actually been to that "how to draw steampunk" site, which is where I found out what components are needed in a steam machine.
Thanks for your comments.

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Gumiho wrote:I'll keep that in mind if I ever work with this kind of design again. I don't generally ever draw machines or steampunk, but the derby is just my excuse to try out new things, so I thought I'd give it a go. I've actually been to that "how to draw steampunk" site, which is where I found out what components are needed in a steam machine.
Thanks for your comments.


as I said....i'd love to see more efforts like this one! Hope you keep at it!

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
brizz wrote:as I said....i'd love to see more efforts like this one! Hope you keep at it!


I'll do my best. Thanks for your encoragement and advice.

waffala


quality posts: 0 Private Messages waffala
Gumiho wrote:I'll keep that in mind if I ever work with this kind of design again. I don't generally ever draw machines or steampunk, but the derby is just my excuse to try out new things, so I thought I'd give it a go. I've actually been to that "how to draw steampunk" site, which is where I found out what components are needed in a steam machine.
Thanks for your comments.


Do you still have the link? I like this peice, anything steampunk related is pretty awesome.

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
waffala wrote:Do you still have the link? I like this peice, anything steampunk related is pretty awesome.


Sure. The site is "How to Draw SteamPunk Machines". It's a pretty interesting site, and what makes it more impressive is that it is done by a man who builds real life steam machines.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail