Derby #33: Lyrics Illustrated
+32

Inspired by bullet with butterfly wings

Inspired by bullet with butterfly wings
add a comment

Comments

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Inspired by bullet with butterfly wings


I was on the fence at first, but the more I look at this, the more I like. GMV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

deadmongoose


quality posts: 4 Private Messages deadmongoose
SailorButterfly wrote:I was on the fence at first, but the more I look at this, the more I like. GMV


I hate to be nit picky, but isn't this contest supposed be based on lyrics, not song titles. I'm pretty sure there is no mention of a bullet or butterflies anywhere in the song it's self.

RobertStumbaugh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
deadmongoose wrote:I hate to be nit picky, but isn't this contest supposed be based on lyrics, not song titles. I'm pretty sure there is no mention of a bullet or butterflies anywhere in the song it's self.


yes but the song's title is based on what the song's lyrics are about, thus the picture is based on what the song's lyrics are about. It just has to be inspired by lyrics it doesn't have to be a literal translation of the lyrics.

MIKE487


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MIKE487
deadmongoose wrote:I hate to be nit picky, but isn't this contest supposed be based on lyrics, not song titles. I'm pretty sure there is no mention of a bullet or butterflies anywhere in the song it's self.


you are correct... i was gonna do the same song but there is no lyric to match

RobertStumbaugh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
RobertStumbaugh wrote:yes but the song's title is based on what the song's lyrics are about, thus the picture is based on what the song's lyrics are about. It just has to be inspired by lyrics it doesn't have to be a literal translation of the lyrics.


or at least thats how i understood it

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
deadmongoose wrote:I hate to be nit picky, but isn't this contest supposed be based on lyrics, not song titles. I'm pretty sure there is no mention of a bullet or butterflies anywhere in the song it's self.


If Joel decides to be that picky and reject this, then that's his call. Won't stop me from liking the design and voting for it in the meantime. ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

RobertStumbaugh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
SailorButterfly wrote:If Joel decides to be that picky and reject this, then that's his call. Won't stop me from liking the design and voting for it in the meantime. ^^


I hope he doesn't. Thanks for the encouragement.

un1ty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages un1ty
Re: Inspired by bullet with butterfly wings


Got to support my band from Chicago. Go Smashing Pumpkins! GMV.

cyanwinters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyanwinters
Re: Inspired by bullet with butterfly wings


I love it dude. great shirt and an amazing band/song.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail