Derby #38: The Year You Were Born
+181

1979

add a comment

Comments

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: 1979


Resubmit of my picture of Jupiter signifying Voyager 1 and 2 taking 33,000 highly detailed photos of jupiter and it's moons in 1979.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
bluchez wrote:Resubmit of my picture of Jupiter signifying Voyager 1 and 2 taking 33,000 highly detailed photos of jupiter and it's moons in 1979.


Yay! Thumbnail and detail now match. Everyone who voted for this before please vote for the resub.

peppersabaddog


quality posts: 1 Private Messages peppersabaddog
Re: 1979





i think this is one of the best you've ever done bluchez.
good luck dude.

tiaerman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: 1979


Very nice detailed design. Great job on the fading out! I'm not crazy about the colors but what can you do . GMV

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

smithsonia


quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: 1979


I was born in '78 but this is hella badass.
I am a space nerd. GMV. ^_^

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: 1979


My dad is on the current mission to Jupiter at JPL/NASA. He needs this shirt. My vote has been submitted.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

sandbar67


quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67
Re: 1979


damn! I want this shirt!

lilwerewolfgirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: 1979


....holy wow. the detailing on the planet is STUNNING. @___@ this must have taken a while, lovely job. i love how it fades off to the side.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: 1979


To All: Thanks for all the great comments. I am happy to get such nice feedback from everyone. Unfortunately, it is a woot derby fact that it is impossible to win with only positive comments. C'mon, someone has to hate my design ;).

irthesteve


quality posts: 0 Private Messages irthesteve
Re: 1979


that is a sexy man

Drat963


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drat963
bluchez wrote:To All: Thanks for all the great comments. I am happy to get such nice feedback from everyone. Unfortunately, it is a woot derby fact that it is impossible to win with only positive comments. C'mon, someone has to hate my design ;).


i hate how the design may not be printed =(

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: 1979


I just read this, thought it was interesting.

U.S. President Jimiyo Carter had a recorded message onboard Voyager I. The message is as follows:

Jimmy Carter wrote:We cast this message into the cosmos.... Of the 200 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, some — perhaps many — may have inhabited planet and space faring civilizations. If one such civilization intercepts Voyager and can understand these recorded contents, here is our message: We are trying to survive our time so we may live into yours. We hope some day, having solved the problems we face, to join a community of galactic civilizations. This record represents our hope and our determination and our goodwill in a vast and awesome universe.


I feel similarly with every "design" I make. I cast this shirt design into the cosmos, hoping someone will see it, and hoping that it can someday join the community of shirts that woot has printed (or maybe just a top 20 finish).

Jewdave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
bluchez wrote:I feel similarly with every "design" I make. I cast this shirt design into the cosmos, hoping someone will see it, and hoping that it can someday join the community of shirts that woot has printed (or maybe just a top 20 finish).

And consider the odds of getting your woot shirt printed vs. that of the message actually raching an intelligent lifeform in the vastness of space... well, they are about the same...

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!
-------------------------------------

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Jewdave wrote:And consider the odds of getting your woot shirt printed vs. that of the message actually raching an intelligent lifeform in the vastness of space... well, they are about the same...


or less...

Drat963


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drat963
Re: 1979


Is there any chance (after 60 days) that you might get this printed from somewhere else?
-really sad that it didn't get printed (the littlest brother also agrees)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail