Derby #40: Motherhood
+166

Egg Baby Trauma

Egg Baby Trauma
add a comment

Comments

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


I remember in school, there was a project where we had to take care of an egg baby (you may have had sacks of sugar or flour). Well, remember that you aren't the biological parent...

Please forgive my poor diaper-drawing abilities.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Graye


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
eHalcyon wrote:I remember in school, there was a project where we had to take care of an egg baby (you may have had sacks of sugar or flour). Well, remember that you aren't the biological parent...

Please forgive my poor diaper-drawing abilities.


HAHAHAHAHAH

that is awesome =P

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Graye wrote:HAHAHAHAHAH

that is awesome =P


I very much appreciate it. =)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

shadesofgrey2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadesofgrey2
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


Even though it's on yellow, I would wear this shirt. GMV

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


delightfully twisted. ;-)

I almost made a 'bambi' shirt this week.. *cough*


Check out my blog:Here!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
derekfilley wrote:delightfully twisted. ;-)

I almost made a 'bambi' shirt this week.. *cough*


Alien spawn and eggos. I think you should go for it. Submit as many as possible, where the actual subjects of the designs are as disparate as possible. Honestly - who would see the connection between breakfast, extraterrestrials and dead deer?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
shadesofgrey2 wrote:Even though it's on yellow, I would wear this shirt. GMV


derekfilley wrote:delightfully twisted. ;-)

I almost made a 'bambi' shirt this week.. *cough*


And thanks, of course. =D

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

toe2254


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


ROFLMAO!

omnipotent32


quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnipotent32
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


Awesome! +1

Woot!
12/9/07 Viore HDTV Wizard Portable HDTV Tuner
Woot.Shirt!
12/9/07 "Unfriendly Locals" , 2/15/07 "Anatomy Test", "Sliced Bread", "Herd? What Herd?", "The Cake is a Liar", "Swimm Little Nessie!", "Angry Day" and "TAG"

makselarts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


Love the expression on the egg...too funny!

Re: First breath

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
toe2254 wrote:ROFLMAO!


omnipotent32 wrote:Awesome! +1


makselarts wrote:Love the expression on the egg...too funny!


Thanks for the support!

Just out of curiosity, did anybody else do the baby egg project in school? Or sugar sack or flour sack babies?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

bobbymon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
eHalcyon wrote:I remember in school, there was a project where we had to take care of an egg baby (you may have had sacks of sugar or flour). Well, remember that you aren't the biological parent...

Please forgive my poor diaper-drawing abilities.


hey how do you not use gradients...or get rid of them if they exist. Im new and I dont even know what that is.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
bobbymon wrote:hey how do you not use gradients...or get rid of them if they exist. Im new and I dont even know what that is.


Gradients are where one color slowly changes to another color... like a fade effect.

To have your shirt printed, all areas of color need to be a single solid color. They can't start out dark blue and gradually get lighter from left to right, for example.

bobbymon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
daedalusknight wrote:Gradients are where one color slowly changes to another color... like a fade effect.

To have your shirt printed, all areas of color need to be a single solid color. They can't start out dark blue and gradually get lighter from left to right, for example.


alright i fixed up the shirts...now i think the only thing i dont understand is the last submission..."the hige file" can you explain that for me. How I do it or what it means. I really appreciate it.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
bobbymon wrote:alright i fixed up the shirts...now i think the only thing i dont understand is the last submission..."the hige file" can you explain that for me. How I do it or what it means. I really appreciate it.



Your largest file will be the image that they use to print the shirt. It needs to have each color on a seperate layer and should be no larger than 16"x20" at 300 dots per inch.

bobbymon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
daedalusknight wrote:Your largest file will be the image that they use to print the shirt. It needs to have each color on a seperate layer and should be no larger than 16"x20" at 300 dots per inch.


So if im using photshop...do i just make the background of each layer...the colors that are in the shirt design? Or do I need to actually enlarge the design? and also add additional layers?

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
bobbymon wrote:So if im using photshop...do i just make the background of each layer...the colors that are in the shirt design? Or do I need to actually enlarge the design? and also add additional layers?


Your photoshop file should be one single file that has one layer for each color of ink. For example, if you have black ink on your shirt then there should be a layer that has only the black parts of your design on it. The background layer should be your shirt color and have nothing else on that layer. The design should start out large enough to print when you draw it, otherwise it will look horrible if you scale it up (unless it's a vector design).

bobbymon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
bobbymon wrote:hey how do you not use gradients...or get rid of them if they exist. Im new and I dont even know what that is.


hey cool! thanks so much for your help. im pretty sure i got it now. i appreciate it.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
bobbymon wrote:hey cool! thanks so much for your help. im pretty sure i got it now. i appreciate it.


You're welcome.

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
bobbymon wrote:alright i fixed up the shirts...now i think the only thing i dont understand is the last submission..."the hige file" can you explain that for me. How I do it or what it means. I really appreciate it.


I'm betting Hige=huge

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
daedalusknight wrote:You're welcome.


Man, why do you have to be so polite? Can't people start arguing about something so I can get more votes? ;)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
eHalcyon wrote:Man, why do you have to be so polite? Can't people start arguing about something so I can get more votes? ;)


Heeeheh.... uhm...Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries? :-)

Sorry, guess I'm not too good at being mean. Maybe someone will come along and start hating both our shirts so that we can both get more votes. :-)

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
daedalusknight wrote:Heeeheh.... uhm...Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries? :-)

Sorry, guess I'm not too good at being mean. Maybe someone will come along and start hating both our shirts so that we can both get more votes. :-)


Wait, you actually said "smelled of elderberries" ? Way to preempt the woot filters. You know, those filters are there FOR A REASON. Now you're just using the normally humourous replacement words as your own insults. This is how profanities become profanities! I'd say you have a dirty mouth, but you're typing. You have dirty hands. Your mother should wash your hands out with soap. Yeah, I said it. Want to make something of it?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
eHalcyon wrote:Wait, you actually said "smelled of elderberries" ? Way to preempt the woot filters.


I was quoting Monty Python, actually. :-)

eHalcyon wrote: You know, those filters are there FOR A REASON. Now you're just using the normally humourous replacement words as your own insults. This is how profanities become profanities! I'd say you have a dirty mouth, but you're typing. You have dirty hands. Your mother should wash your hands out with soap. Yeah, I said it. Want to make something of it?


Heheeh. Nice try. :-)

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
daedalusknight wrote:Heeeheh.... uhm...Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries? :-)

Sorry, guess I'm not too good at being mean. Maybe someone will come along and start hating both our shirts so that we can both get more votes. :-)


I'm still hoping for SuperGeek mom entries, but in the mean time I'll give you bonus points for the Monty Python quote.

My grandmother would love your shirt, DK. She's one of 5 sisters that lived into their 80s +, and while none of them (knock on wood) has had breast cancer, my Nana is fighting 3 (unrelated) forms of cancer. Plus she collects anything with kitties.

As for raising votes with nastiness, I seem to only be able to muster nastiness when my kids are refusing to do chores. So, go load the dishwasher already, and put away the eggs!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
mia3mom wrote:I'm still hoping for SuperGeek mom entries, but in the mean time I'll give you bonus points for the Monty Python quote.

My grandmother would love your shirt, DK. She's one of 5 sisters that lived into their 80s +, and while none of them (knock on wood) has had breast cancer, my Nana is fighting 3 (unrelated) forms of cancer. Plus she collects anything with kitties.

As for raising votes with nastiness, I seem to only be able to muster nastiness when my kids are refusing to do chores. So, go load the dishwasher already, and put away the eggs!


How dare you.

Also - I don't watch enough Monty Python. =\

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
mia3mom wrote:I'm still hoping for SuperGeek mom entries, but in the mean time I'll give you bonus points for the Monty Python quote.


Why thank you. :-)


mia3mom wrote:My grandmother would love your shirt, DK. She's one of 5 sisters that lived into their 80s +,


Wow! That's great. :-)


mia3mom wrote: and while none of them (knock on wood) has had breast cancer, my Nana is fighting 3 (unrelated) forms of cancer.


I'm very sorry to hear that.


mia3mom wrote: Plus she collects anything with kitties.


Cool. I know more than one grandmother like that. :-)


mia3mom wrote:As for raising votes with nastiness, I seem to only be able to muster nastiness when my kids are refusing to do chores. So, go load the dishwasher already, and put away the eggs!


HEheheh... especially the egg staring at the roast chicken over there... :-)

StrayNostalgia


quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


Typically an undesirable shirt color, but it all blends in delightfully and I would definitely purchase one of these. Good work!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
StrayNostalgia wrote:Typically an undesirable shirt color, but it all blends in delightfully and I would definitely purchase one of these. Good work!


I'm glad you like it. I'm hoping the shirt colour isn't putting anyone off - I thought the warmth of it would work best with the egg and the chicken.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


I keep coming back to this shirt. At first it didn't capture my interest, but now you've gmv. it's definitely twisted enough for me. I've got an inner vegetarian that is squicked out, but my outer dark humor wants it badly.

And, *phew* the kid with the anaphylactic egg allergy has gone home. I was getting twitchy about eggs while he was here overnight! Our own allergies are enough for me to handle, thanks!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

janet13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages janet13
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


Love this shirt. That poor little egg. So shocked his eyes don't have pupils! :P Poor baby.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
mia3mom wrote:I keep coming back to this shirt. At first it didn't capture my interest, but now you've gmv. it's definitely twisted enough for me. I've got an inner vegetarian that is squicked out, but my outer dark humor wants it badly.

And, *phew* the kid with the anaphylactic egg allergy has gone home. I was getting twitchy about eggs while he was here overnight! Our own allergies are enough for me to handle, thanks!


My parents tell me that I'm allergic to fava beans. So if you ever want to kill me...

Perhaps the roast chicken is actually made of tofu. Poor little egg just doesn't know it. Thanks for your vote!


janet13 wrote:Love this shirt. That poor little egg. So shocked his eyes don't have pupils! :P Poor baby.


Trauma causes vision loss. Baby might also have some bouts of temporary insanity. You could say that he's... cracked.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

oddego


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oddego
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


Thanks for your comment!

You know, I was trying to figure out how I could use the "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" idea for this competition. I couldn't do it.
And yes, I did the baby egg thing in school. But I'm from the UK, so I don't know if it's standard US education. Should be.
Good luck.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
oddego wrote:Thanks for your comment!

You know, I was trying to figure out how I could use the "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" idea for this competition. I couldn't do it.
And yes, I did the baby egg thing in school. But I'm from the UK, so I don't know if it's standard US education. Should be.
Good luck.


I saw a couple of those. One was quite nice. That wasn't really the idea behind mine - I just thought of egg babies - part of the Canadian curriculum I guess; I think it's common in the US as well, but with sacks of flour or sugar. Actually, I hear they now use special dolls that pee and cry...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

rngo219


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rngo219
Re: Egg Baby Trauma


awesomeee

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16053

click! =P

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
rngo219 wrote:awesomeee


Thanks. =)

I just wanted to say that this shirt isn't as sad as you may believe. That isn't a roast chicken there. It's a tofu turkey (or a "tofurkey, if you will). The egg baby is just a bit confused.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

bduboftexas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bduboftexas
eHalcyon wrote:Wait, you actually said "smelled of elderberries" ? Way to preempt the woot filters. You know, those filters are there FOR A REASON. Now you're just using the normally humourous replacement words as your own insults. This is how profanities become profanities! I'd say you have a dirty mouth, but you're typing. You have dirty hands. Your mother should wash your hands out with soap. Yeah, I said it. Want to make something of it?

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail