Derby #60: Autumn
+334

after the fall

after the fall
add a comment

Comments

mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
Re: after the fall


YA!
SHIRT!!
VOTE!!!


blammoed


quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: after the fall


VERY cool. I really like the graphic elements, and that you added the tree's roots through the ground... great job. Nice colors, too, the simplicity really works well.

mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
blammoed wrote:VERY cool. I really like the graphic elements, and that you added the tree's roots through the ground... great job. Nice colors, too, the simplicity really works well.


thanks!
glad ya like it, it was a fun one to make


jessison


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessison
Re: after the fall


I LOVE IT!!! This needs to win because it's one of the few for this derby that I would actually wear. All the others are too depressing...

mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
jessison wrote:I LOVE IT!!! This needs to win because it's one of the few for this derby that I would actually wear. All the others are too depressing...


^_^ thanks!

ya, fall should never be depressing! so many pretty colors! glad you like it, hopefully we can get it to the top!


willfxp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages willfxp
Re: after the fall


Aww, man, I like the crop in the preview better. But that's just me. I like simple and small designs.

Voted anyways!

shaivya555


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaivya555

great design, it would be MUCH better if it was on the bottom left corner or something like that.

danlhaas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages danlhaas

You've done it again. Good luck on this one, I'll be purchasing if it makes it in.

mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
danlhaas wrote:You've done it again. Good luck on this one, I'll be purchasing if it makes it in.


thanks danl! appreciate the support from the home town crew!


prepn15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prepn15
Re: after the fall


frakking sweet design i'm in for one if this can work its way up to the top
GMV great design

Just Keep Swimming

mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
prepn15 wrote:frakking sweet design i'm in for one if this can work its way up to the top
GMV great design


thanks for the support!
slow and steady is what wins the derby's, thats how GROW! won and penguin got 5th!

hope we make it!


Thdudeabides


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thdudeabides
Please help me understand this. I don't get it. It's cool looking, but I foresee comments such as "hey nice shirt, what the @#LL does it mean?" and my response "I dunno, it's cool looking." Help! If I get clarification I will totally vote for it.

Re: after the fall

imstanley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages imstanley
Thdudeabides wrote:Please help me understand this. I don't get it. It's cool looking, but I foresee comments such as "hey nice shirt, what the @#LL does it mean?" and my response "I dunno, it's cool looking." Help! If I get clarification I will totally vote for it.


what do shirts like "gettin' lucky in kentucky" mean? What do any shirts REALLY mean? They are clothes. You think ones purtty, then you wear it. SIMPLE!

prepn15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prepn15
mwm8180 wrote:thanks for the support!
slow and steady is what wins the derby's, thats how GROW! won and penguin got 5th!

hope we make it!


i just realized i wrote frakkin hahah

but yeah, this is distinctive and very wearable
unlike some in the fog which are awesome designs, just not tshirt-able imo

Just Keep Swimming

mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
Thdudeabides wrote:Please help me understand this. I don't get it. It's cool looking, but I foresee comments such as "hey nice shirt, what the @#LL does it mean?" and my response "I dunno, it's cool looking." Help! If I get clarification I will totally vote for it.


no deeper meaning, no subtle story, just a design that i liked, and that i thought looked sweet.

if you NEED a deeper meaning i can make something up for you though.
...
...
ok lets see...
...
...
the circle w/ lines at the bottom is a commit and the winds caused by its impact are destroying the earth and killing everything, so its 'after the fall' of the earth...

that good for you?
(haven't bull s**ted an excuse like that since the crits in school! llo)


mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
mwm8180 wrote:no deeper meaning, no subtle story, just a design that i liked, and that i thought looked sweet.

if you NEED a deeper meaning i can make something up for you though.
...
...
ok lets see...
...
...
the circle w/ lines at the bottom is a commit and the winds caused by its impact are destroying the earth and killing everything, so its 'after the fall' of the earth...

that good for you?
(haven't bull s**ted an excuse like that since the crits in school! llo)


sorry, didn't mean to come off as snarky. ^_^


BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: after the fall


Very wearable. And I like how the tree and the arrows are a combination of the natural and the unnatural.


prairey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prairey

i like this. it reminds me of my youth. (i'm old.)

uhhuhhuhhuh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh

I really dig this. You've really captured that retro look that I was trying for in the Luau Derby. The colors are perfect!

Snake201


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snake201
Re: after the fall


people need to bring this more up. GMV

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
Re: after the fall


thanks for the support and kind words everyone.

its always fun to create something that others respond positively to.
I hope we can get it up to the fog, its been making good progress so far, but we got a long way to go.

thanks again!


kixxster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: after the fall

i love it! and would totally wear it! =]




bethebike


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethebike

Cooool shirt MW GET FOGGED!

rccola55


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rccola55
bethebike wrote:Cooool shirt MW GET FOGGED!


I like this shirt.

So let me get this straight. The line represent nitrogen, H20, carbon, and something else that I'm unsure of. I think blue is nitrogen, green is H20, and red is carbon.

TELL ME WHAT YELLOW IS!!! I MUST KNOWWWW

popesmoker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages popesmoker

Sweet design. Reminds me of the cool stuff LRG used to do.

GMV.

mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
kixxster wrote:i love it! and would totally wear it! =]


bethebike wrote:Cooool shirt MW GET FOGGED!


rccola55 wrote:I like this shirt.

So let me get this straight. The line represent nitrogen, H20, carbon, and something else that I'm unsure of. I think blue is nitrogen, green is H20, and red is carbon.

TELL ME WHAT YELLOW IS!!! I MUST KNOWWWW


popesmoker wrote:Sweet design. Reminds me of the cool stuff LRG used to do.

GMV.


thanks for all the love everyone!
if http://shirtderbystats.com is to be trusted i need 293 votes to even break into the FOG, so lets keep em rolling, the top grows closer every time i check this page!


Theglyph


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Theglyph

Absolutely stunning shirt! I sincerely hope I'm able to get one.

kixxster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: after the fall


keep it going!!! so close to the FOG!!!!! [i reeeeeally want one of these]




moonwick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonwick
Re: after the fall


I really, really like this design. The extra earth somewhat kills it for me though. I sort of wish that it was only the tree and its roots or at least moved that earth layer to the back of the image. I think it would have given it a much cleaner look. Good work though. Voted.

Babylonian


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Babylonian
Re: after the fall


This is gorgeous. I'm going to be pretty upset if this ends up not getting printed so yet another boring leafy design can show up.

slcinc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages slcinc
Re: after the fall


Come on people, change your votes!! This one needs to win! I want one!!

Hurry, only minutes to go... change your votes!!

mwm8180


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
Re: after the fall


ah well, 9th place isn't a bad place to end up. no money there, but oh well.

Thanks for all the votes everyone, if i decide to sub this to any place else after my 60 days are up, ill make sure and let everyone here know.

thanks again!


kixxster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
mwm8180 wrote:ah well, 9th place isn't a bad place to end up. no money there, but oh well.

Thanks for all the votes everyone, if i decide to sub this to any place else after my 60 days are up, ill make sure and let everyone here know.

thanks again!


PLEASE sub this somewhere else! i'd really like one




More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail