Derby #76: Beginning
+3

The Birth of Birth

The Birth of Birth
add a comment

Comments

Kaliko2005


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005
Re: The Birth of Birth


Because everything had to start somewhere

vykarius


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vykarius
Re: The Birth of Birth


I can't tell, but is there text on the shirt, or just scribbles to indicate measurements and specs?

Kaliko2005


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005
vykarius wrote:I can't tell, but is there text on the shirt, or just scribbles to indicate measurements and specs?


just scribbles to indicate measurements and specs

Kaliko2005


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005
vykarius wrote:I can't tell, but is there text on the shirt, or just scribbles to indicate measurements and specs?


i dont understand the proportion thing....i blew it up on my comp so that when Woot shrunk it it would be a shaper image but it doesnt work

vykarius


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vykarius
Kaliko2005 wrote:i dont understand the proportion thing....i blew it up on my comp so that when Woot shrunk it it would be a shaper image but it doesnt work


What do you mean by shrunk it? If you mean when scaling down, next time while in photoshop, start a file with the canvas at the appropriate size of 600 x 600 pixels. That way, when you post it, Woot won't have to scale it down. I'm not so sure though about the best extension to use. I submit mine in JPG. Anyone else have any suggestions on the submission process?

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
vykarius wrote:What do you mean by shrunk it? If you mean when scaling down, next time while in photoshop, start a file with the canvas at the appropriate size of 600 x 600 pixels. That way, when you post it, Woot won't have to scale it down. I'm not so sure though about the best extension to use. I submit mine in JPG. Anyone else have any suggestions on the submission process?


If you're working in raster, create it at 16"x20" 300 dpi. If it prints, woot will need the file at that high resolution.

For the shirt comp, submit at exactly 600x600 px. The design detail should be exactly 240x240 px. This is important - whether it gets sized up or down, it'll create artifacts. Best to avoid any resizing at all.

The images will get converted to jpg if they aren't already, and any conversion will cause artifacts. Submit in jpg to avoid.

Also make sure that it's in RGB.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail