Derby #84: The Sea
+24

Ocean Felines™

Ocean Felines™
add a comment

Comments

VonMonkey


quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: Ocean Felines™


Please take a moment to read the following on the correct usage of Ocean Felines™:

Ocean Felines™ is a brand name that we take pride in and would not like other products of inferior quality to be confused with ours. In that, we mean that Ocean Felines™ may not be at any time used to refer to other animal fish combinations unless they are of the actual Ocean Felines™ brand. This includes, but is not limited to: catfish, dogfish, Sea Kittens, Felis Tentacula (squintten), etc.
The name Ocean Felines™ must always be accompanied by the trademark (™) symbol.
Conversely, at no time should genuine Ocean Felines™ be referred to as anything but Ocean Felines™. They are do not fall under any of the above catagories. They are especially not to be referred to as catfish or Sea Kittens. Catfish are a type of fish that because of their whiskers have a faint resemblance to cats but are in fact wholly fish. Sea Kittens are a marketing fabrication created by a vegetarian political group to spread the word of being a vegetarian. Sea Kittens are also very ugly.

Care and maintenance of Ocean Felines™:

Ocean Felines™ may at times seem very independent and not in need of any outside care. This is just their demeanor and they in fact need constant attention. It is suggested to daily check their scales for parasites, and on a weekly basis change at least 75% of their water. Their waste products are scoopable from the gravel at the bottom of the tank.

Ocean Felines™ prefer to eat when it is inconvenient to you. This is something you just have to learn to live with. They prefer chicken, specifically, Chicken of the Sea. If you do not have any, then ask any mermaid you happen to see.

Finally, it cannot be stressed enough to get your Ocean Felines™ spayed or neutered. It is a sad sad thing when an Ocean Feline™ must be put down because it is unwanted.

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
Re: Ocean Felines™


::Blank Stare of Sheer Disbelief::

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
VonMonkey wrote:I have to say, I would totally wear this!


As a joke?

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
lwoodnj wrote:As a joke?


Thank you for your wonderful kind words.

Shall I put you down for two!

thank you for stopping by!

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
databit wrote:Thank you for your wonderful kind words.

Shall I put you down for two!

thank you for stopping by!


You're welcome!

No!

Anytime!

VonMonkey


quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
lwoodnj wrote:As a joke?


No, I'd wear it- it has an naive weirdness about it (whether intentional or not) that I really like. And don't be so mean, there's no benefit in insulting something that someone's worked hard on

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
VonMonkey wrote:No, I'd wear it- it has an naive weirdness about it (whether intentional or not) that I really like. And don't be so mean, there's no benefit in insulting something that someone's worked hard on


I disagree.

abinky26


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abinky26
lwoodnj wrote:I disagree.


beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and you sir have no taste.

I like this shirt, I'll take three.

jndoowl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jndoowl
abinky26 wrote:beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and you sir have no taste.

I like this shirt, I'll take three.


Ha.

Hahaha.

I don't believe a word until I see a receipt.

And, by the way, this might be the worst thing to squander the credibility of your artistic judgment on I've ever seen.

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
jndoowl wrote:Ha.

Hahaha.

I don't believe a word until I see a receipt.

And, by the way, this might be the worst thing to squander the credibility of your artistic judgment on I've ever seen.


!yb gnippots dna tnemmoc ruoy rof uoy knahT
!yad taerg a evaH

zenbifocals


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zenbifocals
jndoowl wrote:Ha.

Hahaha.

I don't believe a word until I see a receipt.

And, by the way, this might be the worst thing to squander the credibility of your artistic judgment on I've ever seen.


?uoy ezingocer I oD

abinky26


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abinky26
jndoowl wrote:Ha.

Hahaha.

I don't believe a word until I see a receipt.

And, by the way, this might be the worst thing to squander the credibility of your artistic judgment on I've ever seen.


Well vote for it and get everyone else to, and I WILL buy 3, and I'd be happy to show you a receipt for them. Hell, I'd rob a bank to get the money if I didn't have the money. And then I will come to your job everyday with that shirt on, to show you how Kool, it really looks.

How stupid do you think people are to not know you just wrote your username "SDRAWKCABSSA"?

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
abinky26 wrote:Well vote for it and get everyone else to, and I WILL buy 3, and I'd be happy to show you a receipt for them. Hell, I'd rob a bank to get the money if I didn't have the money. And then I will come to your job everyday with that shirt on, to show you how Kool, it really looks.

How stupid do you think people are to not know you just wrote your username "SDRAWKCABSSA"?


Whoops.
Didn't realize I was even on that user-name.

Trust me, I would never try to hide my opinion behind a false name.

Oh, and seriously: Show me the receipts. And please come to my job. I will ridicule you for your horrible shirt.

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
abinky26 wrote:Well vote for it and get everyone else to, and I WILL buy 3, and I'd be happy to show you a receipt for them. Hell, I'd rob a bank to get the money if I didn't have the money. And then I will come to your job everyday with that shirt on, to show you how Kool, it really looks.

How stupid do you think people are to not know you just wrote your username "SDRAWKCABSSA"?


Not that it matters anyway.
The votes speak for themselves.
This shirt is worthless, and you will never get to buy it.

zenbifocals


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zenbifocals
lwoodnj wrote:Whoops.
Didn't realize I was even on that user-name.

Trust me, I would never try to hide my opinion behind a false name.

Oh, and seriously: Show me the receipts. And please come to my job. I will ridicule you for your horrible shirt.


But would you be hiding behind multiple votes tho?

abinky26


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abinky26
lwoodnj wrote:Not that it matters anyway.
The votes speak for themselves.
This shirt is worthless, and you will never get to buy it.


I would be proud of wearing that shirt, and no matter what you said I would never be ashamed wearing it. I've seen some horrible shirts on here that have way more votes than it should. It is political, if your name is known you get votes. The little guys who aren't known well, are left behind, and their work unappreciated. Some people work really hard on their shirts, and people like you come along and put it down, when it truely has originallity and hard work put behind it.

where's your shirt, let me judge your work. I would totally be honest.

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
abinky26 wrote:I would be proud of wearing that shirt, and no matter what you said I would never be ashamed wearing it. I've seen some horrible shirts on here that have way more votes than it should. It is political, if your name is known you get votes. The little guys who aren't known well, are left behind, and their work unappreciated. Some people work really hard on their shirts, and people like you come along and put it down, when it truely has originallity and hard work put behind it.

where's your shirt, let me judge your work. I would totally be honest.


I don't make shirts, I just judge them with utter honesty.

If this was Data's idea of hard work, he should quit Woot now.

And new names emerge regularly, you just have to be, you know, good.

And finally, Data puts his name on every shirt and networks like crazy, which is probably why this monstrosity has any votes at all, so it's not as if his name and ridiculous "triple posting" habit isn't well known.

Trust me, it's not the politics, it's just the horrible design.

abinky26


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abinky26
lwoodnj wrote:I don't make shirts, I just judge them with utter honesty.

If this was Data's idea of hard work, he should quit Woot now.

And new names emerge regularly, you just have to be, you know, good.

And finally, Data puts his name on every shirt and networks like crazy, which is probably why this monstrosity has any votes at all, so it's not as if his name and ridiculous "triple posting" habit isn't well known.

Trust me, it's not the politics, it's just the horrible design.


Yeah, if you can't design a shirt what do you know about what's good. I've seen you comment on a shirt that I thought wasn't of much taste. There are other people who have commented that they like the shirt, and there are more of them that think the shirt is cool, than there is just you who doesn't like the shirt.
If he networks and that's what gets him votes, who are you to say he is wrong for that. Haven't you ever heard of the phrase "If you can't say nothing nice don't say it at all"? I am defending this shirt because I really like this shirt. I can tell he put alot of work into it. If I could vote enough times to make it win I would, but I can only vote 1 time.

So I guess you would say the shirt labeled "Fish" deserves 20 votes. Come on my 2 year old can draw a better fish than that and he doesn't even know what he is drawing. Heck he's even drawn a shark when he was just drawing random lines, and it still looked better than that fish, but you probably think it's a great shirt.

Shpleeurnck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shpleeurnck
Re: Ocean Felines™


I'd only wear this if I was drunk and/or French. I am neither.

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
abinky26 wrote:Yeah, if you can't design a shirt what do you know about what's good. I've seen you comment on a shirt that I thought wasn't of much taste. There are other people who have commented that they like the shirt, and there are more of them that think the shirt is cool, than there is just you who doesn't like the shirt.
If he networks and that's what gets him votes, who are you to say he is wrong for that. Haven't you ever heard of the phrase "If you can't say nothing nice don't say it at all"? I am defending this shirt because I really like this shirt. I can tell he put alot of work into it. If I could vote enough times to make it win I would, but I can only vote 1 time.

So I guess you would say the shirt labeled "Fish" deserves 20 votes. Come on my 2 year old can draw a better fish than that and he doesn't even know what he is drawing. Heck he's even drawn a shark when he was just drawing random lines, and it still looked better than that fish, but you probably think it's a great shirt.


...I don't like "Fish".

I believe this negates your entire argument.

Better luck next time.

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Shpleeurnck wrote:I'd only wear this if I was drunk and/or French. I am neither.


Come on over! I will supply the Vodka!

Thanks for the comments!

zenbifocals


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zenbifocals
databit wrote:Please take a moment to read the following on the correct usage of Ocean Felines™:

Ocean Felines™ is a brand name that we take pride in and would not like other products of inferior quality to be confused with ours. In that, we mean that Ocean Felines™ may not be at any time used to refer to other animal fish combinations unless they are of the actual Ocean Felines™ brand. This includes, but is not limited to: catfish, dogfish, Sea Kittens, Felis Tentacula (squintten), etc.
The name Ocean Felines™ must always be accompanied by the trademark (™) symbol.
Conversely, at no time should genuine Ocean Felines™ be referred to as anything but Ocean Felines™. They are do not fall under any of the above catagories. They are especially not to be referred to as catfish or Sea Kittens. Catfish are a type of fish that because of their whiskers have a faint resemblance to cats but are in fact wholly fish. Sea Kittens are a marketing fabrication created by a vegetarian political group to spread the word of being a vegetarian. Sea Kittens are also very ugly.



The box is now opened and the finding is that the Sea Kittens are dead. -E.S.

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
zenbifocals wrote:The box is now opened and the finding is that the Sea Kittens are dead. -E.S.


Did you pay for the express shipping as instructed on the site? We cannot be responsible damage in transit if you pay for the slower shipping. Ammonia and other waste products can build up in their bowl as well as if the shipper does not follow the strict "this side up" instructions on the shipping container, then the bowl can spill out.

We would be pleased to refill your order.

What is your CC number?

kacrick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kacrick
Re: Ocean Felines™


Actually, abinky, only you and maybe one another person have commented to say you like it. The general rule is definitely that this inhales sharply and creates suction, and it's not because databit is "a little guy".

I like databit. I lurk around the messageboards sometimes and have no problem with him (her?). The point is, effort or not, this shirt doesn't provide much artistic talent. It is fully within your right to like it. But defending that it's not doing well because it's "misunderstood" is asinine.

Woot has voted for some idiotic things, true. But for the most part, it requires SOME artistic prowess. Ramyb is a jerk but we vote for him because he's GOOD. That's why the "big guys" are so popular. Because they worked their way up. I applaud databit on his (her?) effort and good nature, but there is no way in hell I would buy this; drunk or not.

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
kacrick wrote:Actually, abinky, only you and maybe one another person have commented to say you like it. The general rule is definitely that this inhales sharply and creates suction, and it's not because databit is "a little guy".

I like databit. I lurk around the messageboards sometimes and have no problem with him (her?). The point is, effort or not, this shirt doesn't provide much artistic talent. It is fully within your right to like it. But defending that it's not doing well because it's "misunderstood" is asinine.

Woot has voted for some idiotic things, true. But for the most part, it requires SOME artistic prowess. Ramyb is a jerk but we vote for him because he's GOOD. That's why the "big guys" are so popular. Because they worked their way up. I applaud databit on his (her?) effort and good nature, but there is no way in hell I would buy this; drunk or not.


Thanks for the feed back. Maybe you could be French for a day to buy it?

kacrick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kacrick
Re: Ocean Felines™


Oh, don't worry. It won't come to that; this isn't going to be printed.

and I actually have no clue why the person prior to me said they would buy it if they were French. I lived in France for several years. I'm missing the cultural joke, here.

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Ocean Felines™


great character and style

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
lwoodnj wrote:Ironically, you obviously have neither.

Weird how that works, huh?


Dude, I have stayed out of your spats over my work because I generally enjoy any comments on my work, good or bad, but you are no longer commenting on my work, you are insulting people.

Look, get on here, talk about how my work lacks skill, no problem. Talk about how my work is stupid, no problem. Talk about the idiocy of putting a whole tirade on the trademark symbol, no problem.

But when a person comes on here to comment, it is just showing your own smallness to attack them directly instead of the merits (or lack there of) of the work.

lwoodnj wrote:I don't make shirts, I just judge them with utter honesty.


Go back to that... Go back to judging the shirts. Stop being so small.

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit

YAY! I did a triple post on myself!!!

First of all, I would like to that the Academy. I would like to thank all the small people who helped make this happen, and finally, I would like to thank my mom without whose support, I would not have been able to be here today.

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit

YAY! I did a triple post on myself!!!

First of all, I would like to that the Academy. I would like to thank all the small people who helped make this happen, and finally, I would like to thank my mom without whose support, I would not have been able to be here today.

zenbifocals


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zenbifocals
lucky1988 wrote:great character and style


Lucky - thanks for contributing words when you appreciate something. By your low number of posts, I would assume you keep your silence when you don't care for something.

This is my brother's shirt and I have been edging around commenting one way or the other since this design doesn't appeal to me and I sure don't want to offend the person that is teaching me how to use Photoshop. In fact, on both of my submissions, he did all the computer work. I was just some kind of artistic (autistic?) director. So when somebody compliments his work I am glad to see it. The van he did made me very nostalgic, but I pick on it to show da love.

lwoodnj wrote:Ironically, you obviously have neither.

Weird how that works, huh?


elwood- The irony is you. You are obviously in the practice of using your multiple IDs to hide behind the internet to vote multiple times and to have vehicles to flame other users. You are the one lacking the character of common courtesy and the style to say anything substantive.

databit wrote:Go back to that... Go back to judging the shirts. Stop being so small.


Bro - You covered the essentials and this was well said. Now if we will both get smart we'll ignore this small mindedness and get back to the safe haven that is our geeky existence.


databit wrote:YAY! I did a triple post on myself!!!

First of all, I would like to that the Academy. I would like to thank all the small people who helped make this happen, and finally, I would like to thank my mom without whose support, I would not have been able to be here today.


Post whore! Mom always liked me best!

gsworks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsworks
Re: Ocean Felines™


This one made me smile!
We love felines around here!

Jfreak623


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jfreak623

anybody know when the last day for voting is?

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Jfreak623 wrote:anybody know when the last day for voting is?


Voting ends on Thursday at noon. The last day to get entries in is Wednesday at noon I believe, though many would say it is too late now to catch up with the fog.

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: Ocean Felines™
[img=100x100]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/databit/Ocean_Felines™_-ezlmty-d.jpg[/img]


Thank you everyone who has been giving me great comments on this one! The other commentors who left constructive criticism, thank you too! To those who just come by to be mean, be sure to stop by my other submissions too! They need some volume.

nrarmen


quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
databit wrote:Thank you everyone who has been giving me great comments on this one! The other commentors who left constructive criticism, thank you too! To those who just come by to be mean, be sure to stop by my other submissions too! They need some volume.


This is terrible.

I keeeed. <3

I always love your submissions data!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail