Derby #115: National Parks
+70

the other side of the mountain

the other side of the mountain
add a comment

Comments

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: the other side of the mountain


I just think this would be a hysterical shirt to have. No National Park names, so I ought to be safe, right?
If you've every gone off the beaten path, taken a walk on the wild side, wondered what the bear saw when he went over the mountain, then this shirt is for you. Or, if you've just had your butt kicked one too many times, cast a vote this way!

cloverpatch


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cloverpatch

This has been done. I have a shirt with the back side of Rushmore on it (haha, even same color shirt). While this IS an original design, it is definitely not an original idea. Sorry to break it to you.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
cloverpatch wrote:This has been done. I have a shirt with the back side of Rushmore on it (haha, even same color shirt). While this IS an original design, it is definitely not an original idea. Sorry to break it to you.


We looked diligently while there this summer to find a shirt like this and couldn't. Maybe there are shirts somewhat similar, I never saw one. I don't think mine is as similar to anything out there as more than a few previously printed woot designs are to other previously printed designs (cough, Aarghyle, cough, cough, paroxysm of coughing over the others).

jerroul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
Re: the other side of the mountain


Are the words "yes, the design is on the back!!!" printed on the back? I'm easily confused today...

jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: the other side of the mountain


i have a small issue with this one. the mountains are setup all wrong. george should look the furthest away, jefferson and lincoln should look roughly the same distance away but jefferson looking taller, and then roosevelt should be closest. it looks like you just mirrored the image and erased the faces.

not that it matters, just that i've seen the back side. i do like the concept of putting it on the back of the shirt though.

Happy Beer.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
jabberjaws13 wrote:i have a small issue with this one. the mountains are setup all wrong. george should look the furthest away, jefferson and lincoln should look roughly the same distance away but jefferson looking taller, and then roosevelt should be closest. it looks like you just mirrored the image and erased the faces.

not that it matters, just that i've seen the back side. i do like the concept of putting it on the back of the shirt though.


heh. I'll remember that if I ever have a chance to do anything more with it. In my picture, though, George isn't there at all. He ought to be off the shirt to the right, I think. I would have put Roosevelt's, um, best side, closer if I'd only thought of it. Ideally it would have their faces on the front of the shirt as well.

jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Josephus wrote:heh. I'll remember that if I ever have a chance to do anything more with it. In my picture, though, George isn't there at all. He ought to be off the shirt to the right, I think. I would have put Roosevelt's, um, best side, closer if I'd only thought of it. Ideally it would have their faces on the front of the shirt as well.


yeah, like i said i really like the concept, i just got hung up on details.

Happy Beer.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail