Derby #185: Things That Start with the Letter T
+61

Turtle Tshirt Jealousy

Turtle Tshirt Jealousy
add a comment

Comments

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy


Jealous of all the turtle tshirts? Well, show your pride proudly!

zekecatz


quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy


Yea! Turtle Power.

CapSea


quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
SkekTek wrote:Jealous of all the turtle tshirts? Well, show your pride proudly!


Your turtle is upside down.

wootvan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy


Should there be a little artist in the background gleefully counting his money?

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
CapSea wrote:Your turtle is upside down.


Oops. Oh well. One could also say that I should have put a headband on it too...

cherylfrancis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy


hehe,,,I'm new here. I'm so excited to be part of such a passionate community. Great piece!

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy


Sadly, you cannot hide your skill. It plainly shows up in how you outlined your stick dude with the shirt.
I'm glad I probably won't have to buy all these turtle shirts, but this sure is fun.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
paigeg wrote:Sadly, you cannot hide your skill. It plainly shows up in how you outlined your stick dude with the shirt.
I'm glad I probably won't have to buy all these turtle shirts, but this sure is fun.


Thanks! This shirt design was meant for one thing- to make people get a giggle about all this drama. I'm not expecting it to print, or anything. But I wanted to make something simple for a laugh...

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SkekTek wrote:Thanks! This shirt design was meant for one thing- to make people get a giggle about all this drama. I'm not expecting it to print, or anything. But I wanted to make something simple for a laugh...


Just for grins, if you're still hanging out and see this - how did you do that outline? I hand't thought of something like that, but it looks great.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
paigeg wrote:Just for grins, if you're still hanging out and see this - how did you do that outline? I hand't thought of something like that, but it looks great.


It was actually easy- you copy the shape you want to knock out and paste it behind the art but in front of the background. Color all of it the same fill and stroke (something NOT in the design itself. I tend to use a stroke thickness that is really big to get a good block on the background (10-20 pts). Then, select all and flatten transparency on the layers (do this last, because it'll vectorize everything in the design down to shapes). This should convert the shape into one big blob. Apply a merge filter, and that should get rid of a lot of extra lines. Then, select the color of the blob (should now be an outline around your shape), and delete it. Done!

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SkekTek wrote:It was actually easy- you copy the shape you want to knock out and paste it behind the art but in front of the background. Color all of it the same fill and stroke (something NOT in the design itself. I tend to use a stroke thickness that is really big to get a good block on the background (10-20 pts). Then, select all and flatten transparency on the layers (do this last, because it'll vectorize everything in the design down to shapes). This should convert the shape into one big blob. Apply a merge filter, and that should get rid of a lot of extra lines. Then, select the color of the blob (should now be an outline around your shape), and delete it. Done!


Ahhhhh. Actually, you answered more questions than I asked. More light bulbs going off! One simple question and I now have the answer to a few more I hadn't thought to post. THANKS!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail