Derby #202: Anthropomorphic Food
+41

Brock Lee and Carrods

Brock Lee and Carrods
add a comment

Comments

jnorah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah

Man there are a lot of entries here. As always I enter late but it's all in fun. take a look at my latest entry hope you guys like. I went old school Hot Rod on this.

Brock Lee and Carrods


popyea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages popyea

Brock Lee and Carrods
[/quote]

Love ratfink, and i love the way you've rendered the chrome. Good luck.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Brock Lee and Carrods


Lovin' me some Big Daddy style! (BTW, check out the link in my sig).
+1

jnorah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
popyea wrote:Brock Lee and Carrods


Love ratfink, and i love the way you've rendered the chrome. Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks!! I wanted to be a little different who said all food had to be cute. Yeah I loved this old school hot rod art ED Big Daddy Roth was the father of these crazy Characters along with Ed Newt Newton.

jnorah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
paigeg wrote:Lovin' me some Big Daddy style! (BTW, check out the link in my sig).
+1


Hey I hit you back in your link thread. Sounds like fun!!!!!!!

Zagazoo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zagazoo
Re: Brock Lee and Carrods


The characters in this image are really well designed and rendered, the only thing that bugs me is the text. I would suggest for next time you use text with a drawing use a type font but then remake it by hand, it gives the text an organic quality and the entire image has a more cohesive feel. Otherwise looks good my friend!

chunkydesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: Brock Lee and Carrods


I agree with the comment above. The illustration is really cool, but the text doesn´t work for me. With the font chosen and the size and colors used, it just becames the most important element of the design, when, in my opinion, this doesn´t even need any kind of text.

jnorah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
Zagazoo wrote:The characters in this image are really well designed and rendered, the only thing that bugs me is the text. I would suggest for next time you use text with a drawing use a type font but then remake it by hand, it gives the text an organic quality and the entire image has a more cohesive feel. Otherwise looks good my friend!


Yeah I can see that. I was actually going to hand letter all the text. But I did not have enough time to do so, so instead I found a Font that resemble the old Cooper Tire Hot Rod logo font. I also went for the old t-shirt layout style, so It all kind of tied in.

But yeah I agree, I will remember that for next time.

jnorah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
chunkydesign wrote:I agree with the comment above. The illustration is really cool, but the text doesn´t work for me. With the font chosen and the size and colors used, it just becames the most important element of the design, when, in my opinion, this doesn´t even need any kind of text.


HEY where were you in the first 24hr when I could have taken it off and resubmitted it.LOL!! just kidding. Like I posted a minute ago I see what you guys are saying.

I should have known better. Actually I do know better. But I was in such a hurry to submit my entry, that Type treatment became somewhat of an after thought, point taken on critique.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail