Derby #209: Fairy Tales
+823

Red Revenge

Red Revenge
add a comment

Comments

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Red Revenge


saved

paulkremer


quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
Re: Red Revenge


I like this concept, but something is bothering me about this. It took me a few seconds, and then I realized that although you clearly took time to shape them well, her legs are disproportionate to the rest of her body. Her thighs are almost the same size as her midsection. Maybe that's picky, but it's kind of bugging me.

infinitezero


quality posts: 5 Private Messages infinitezero
Re: Red Revenge


Damn this is SIIICKKKKK piece of work!

skippykj


quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
Re: Red Revenge


Wow. I might actually buy a Ramyb. (Not playa hatin', it's just that most are too cutesy for my taste.)

My favorite part is the background wolf and spatter. Her tattered cape and the shading are very nice as well, but her legs are bugging me too. Maybe a little more length on the skirt would fix it.

Great job.

xarous


quality posts: 10 Private Messages xarous

sunaness


quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: Red Revenge


This is hot, it reminds me of Sucker Punch, a movie which got a lot of hate from people who misunderstood it, but a lot of love from the people who can see it for the piece of art it is.

So yeah, you get my vote. And ugh to everyone who will undoubtedly try to bring down the worth of this design simply because your name is on it.

stepjr23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stepjr23

Being a girl who likes shoes, I can't stop staring at her feet. She's either really flat-footed or put her shoes on the wrong feet.

paulkremer


quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
skippykj wrote: Her tattered cape and the shading are very nice as well, but her legs are bugging me too. Maybe a little more length on the skirt would fix it.


Actually, her legs need to be more slender to fit her frame. Like I mentioned earlier, he clearly went through effort to shape them well..they just need to be much more slender to fit her body. She's got a very slender build and ginormous legs.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Red Revenge


Not impressed, looks like a DraxXx and CD rippoff!. You forgot the basket, though, then it wood be a complete rippoff.
Into the Woods

The shoes bother me, too.
BlindDog3D

ainecful


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainecful
paulkremer wrote:Actually, her legs need to be more slender to fit her frame. Like I mentioned earlier, he clearly went through effort to shape them well..they just need to be much more slender to fit her body. She's got a very slender build and ginormous legs.


I agree. It's distracting, but I think it's even more distracting because of the one specific thing I would change: her legs are too bright. My eyes are led to her legs, rather to her BA face, tattered cloak, and the background wolf. By making the legs brighter than the rest of the piece, it highlights the quick work (not bad work, just not especially "finished" looking) on the shoes and the odd proportions of her legs.

Just my three cents.

zekecatz


quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Red Revenge


The left shoe looks like a ballet pointe shoe. If her left foot is on point, then her legs are different lengths.

jianji


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jianji
Re: Red Revenge


As a whole it really is gorgeous. the right shoe does bother me some though. the depth seems off. and in regard to the proportions of her legs Maybe if the weren't quite so far apart they wouldn't seems so large in comparison to her body. if they really are place there she must have quite some large hips.

coolestghoul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolestghoul
Re: Red Revenge


I'm waiting for her to pull back the hood to reveal that she is really a penguin!

Not the type of shirt I would wear, but it's the best Ramyb design I have ever seen. Kid's got some talent ... can't argue with that.

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Red Revenge


Didn't you already win a derby with this?

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Dakaggo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dakaggo

This is really good and could get printed as is, but I'd suggest fixing the legs up a bit. As it's been said there are a few significant quirks and because of the color your eye is drawn to them.

You'll get more votes and sales in the long run, I think there is plenty of time left to do a resub. I mean it's clearly not NEEDED but I think it's definitely wanted.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Red Revenge


manga studio?

move along

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Red Revenge


wow everything above the bottom of the skirt looks really good but everything below the bottom of the skirt looks horrible!!!! the legs and feet don't match the rest of the body at all and the feet just look bad!!! sword also looks bad....what happened??? it was looking good then it looks like you gave up towards the bottom.

TobiasAmaranth


quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Red Revenge


Someone's been watching some Blood+

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

keefstar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keefstar
Re: Red Revenge


Personally, I think the legs are fine. You guys need to watch more anime/read more manga which is the style I believe this was drawn in...generally girls in that style have very slim waists, decent to huge sized boobs, and then long, powerful legs.
The only thing that bothers me is the sword...it looks like a big machete more than a sword. I think that's the only thing that needs more work. Otherwise, excellent design, I'd love to buy this! Also remember you nitpickers: this design doesn't and even shouldn't have to be true to life.

moosepod


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosepod
xarous wrote:Really stretching yourself here?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46371



The name tells it all. The two shirts tell a story. In the first installment, Red is afraid of the dark, paranoid, and wary of her surroundings (although, I think that was highly debated). In this shirt, Red displays confidence and is ready to fight back.

VOTE- Click Below!!!

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
keefstar wrote:Personally, I think the legs are fine. You guys need to watch more anime/read more manga which is the style I believe this was drawn in...generally girls in that style have very slim waists, decent to huge sized boobs, and then long, powerful legs.
The only thing that bothers me is the sword...it looks like a big machete more than a sword. I think that's the only thing that needs more work. Otherwise, excellent design, I'd love to buy this! Also remember you nitpickers: this design doesn't and even shouldn't have to be true to life.



i have watched anime and read manga for quite a long time...at least 15 years now and that looks like it was drawn by a young otaku girl that's a freshman in high school, that has only seen the bad dubbing episodes of sailor moon and think they are all knowing of anime and manga!! those legs are not in any style other that bad! the top half looks professional but the bottom half looks like it was drawn by someone that has no experience at all in drawing the human form.


and with this being in the fog it now makes me believe people don't vote on actual art they are voting on the name witch is really sad!!!! this should not be in the fog!

zerobriant


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerobriant
Re: Red Revenge


i love the colors that you used :D

maura44


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maura44
L3g3ndQ wrote:i have watched anime and read manga for quite a long time...at least 15 years now and that looks like it was drawn by a young otaku girl that's a freshman in high school, that has only seen the bad dubbing episodes of sailor moon and think they are all knowing of anime and manga!! those legs are not in any style other that bad! the top half looks professional but the bottom half looks like it was drawn by someone that has no experience at all in drawing the human form.


and with this being in the fog it now makes me believe people don't vote on actual art they are voting on the name witch is really sad!!!! this should not be in the fog!


Woah. Calm down, ok? If you don't like it, don't vote for it. And judging by the comments, it seems like at least some people are evaluating this design and deciding to vote (or not) based on its quality.

Wow, sarcasm. That's original.

GNitro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GNitro
Re: Red Revenge


If it wasn't for those legs and feet this would be an instant purchase if it got up there. The legs just look so odd in contrast to the rest of her body, especially her left leg. It looks shorter, and something about her foot throws it off.

Ramy, It would be nice if you could fix these aspects and resub.

captainbaldie


quality posts: 2 Private Messages captainbaldie
Re: Red Revenge


I could care less about the other Red Riding Hood you made, but this really irks me:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53613

????????

Are you capable of making anything that is wholly yours stylistically? Dr. Seuss is one thing, but even your fellow derby artists? And please do us all a favor and not reply back saying that "you've never seen this entry". We can only be fooled so much.

cmoborough


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmoborough
xarous wrote:Really stretching yourself here?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46371


Yea and he got a bunch of dumb negative comments then too and still managed to win. You should probably just stop buying his shirts and vote on the artists you like.

kattotang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kattotang
keefstar wrote:Personally, I think the legs are fine. You guys need to watch more anime/read more manga which is the style I believe this was drawn in...generally girls in that style have very slim waists, decent to huge sized boobs, and then long, powerful legs.
The only thing that bothers me is the sword...it looks like a big machete more than a sword. I think that's the only thing that needs more work. Otherwise, excellent design, I'd love to buy this! Also remember you nitpickers: this design doesn't and even shouldn't have to be true to life.


Anime that's drawn in an overly exaggerated style tends to look bad as well. But the thing about anime/manga is the reason they're drawn the way they are is because it's animated or a graphic novel, so a lot of pictures need to be drawn. This is why an exaggeration is acceptable, because it's usually more about the story. With regular artwork, it doesn't matter what the "style" is. Anatomical errors cannot be excused by "style"...people try to pull that crap all the time and it's a totally bogus argument.

That being said, everyone here has the right to critique it, especially since it's being put up as something to be sold. It's not nitpicking if so many people agree about something being off with the legs. It's their preference and they're entitled to it. Calling them nitpickers just because they aren't fond of a part of the design just makes you look insecure.

deltax20a


quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a
L3g3ndQ wrote:i have watched anime and read manga for quite a long time...at least 15 years now and that looks like it was drawn by a young otaku girl that's a freshman in high school, that has only seen the bad dubbing episodes of sailor moon and think they are all knowing of anime and manga!!


>15 years
>they think they are all knowing

Pot. Kettle. Black.

But as a long-time shirt.woot member I can tell you that this sort of thing from RamyB is nothing unusual. Though to his credit, I'd have rather seen this tha98n his last Red Riding Hood design which I thought at the time was rather unique from his traditional "comfort zone" of designs. This is what pains me about his work, any time it strays away from his rabbits/penguins/odd one out/cute designs, it's either a literal "resub" of a previous design, or "creatively lifted" from another artist somewhere.

But shirt.woot voting is all about voting for your favorite artists now and not about the designs, so haters gonna hate and move on. Not like anyone is forcing you to spend 10 bux.

gement


quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
Re: Red Revenge


I'm fine with the proportions of the legs, but their emphasis along with the shirt-straining bust... Meh. (I also didn't like the bare-shouldered Orchid Onryu recently, for similar reasons.)

I get that some people like cheesecake shirts. *shrug* While they're within the rules, they always seem a bit jarring on a site where they shut down sex and potty jokes.

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Red Revenge


First thing to come to mind.... again?

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Johndis5 wrote:First thing to come to mind.... again?


Not like he's alone there. More RRH than you can stick a shake in.

move along

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Red Revenge


Beautiful

microwave_safe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages microwave_safe
captainbaldie wrote:I could care less about the other Red Riding Hood you made, but this really irks me:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53613

????????

Are you capable of making anything that is wholly yours stylistically? Dr. Seuss is one thing, but even your fellow derby artists? And please do us all a favor and not reply back saying that "you've never seen this entry". We can only be fooled so much.


Um he made his first RR in 169 and the shirt you linked is from 203... Other than a sword what's he ripping off?

As for the actual shirt, I kind of agree that the shoe on the left foot looks... oddly drawn for the perspective and the legs might be a tad big. She could just have really really beefy muscular thighs, but the bone structure is a bit off. As for the sword, I'd almost it rather be a machete rather than the sort of half finished sword she's holding now. I think Red should be a bit more brutal than elegant, hence a machete rather than a sword. Or an axe... Everyone loves axes.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Red Revenge


Quite a bit more detailed than usual. Concept is uninspired and derivative of even the artist's own past design, but - definitely salable composition.
See my comments on the OTHER Red sub in the fog.

mafafu888


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888

Why does her left foot look like it's doing a ballet move?

juliaL719


quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
Re: Red Revenge


That leg is bothering me something fierce.

Ramy, this is a serious question -

you've got people who would actually buy this shirt, and others you've submitted in the past, if you'd just fix a glaring illustration problem and re-sub.

It's not like your design wouldn't cork back up to the top. You have your fans.

SO WHY DO YOU NEVER, EVER FIX THE PROBLEMS AND RESUB?

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
juliaL719 wrote:It's not like your design wouldn't cork back up to the top. You have your fans.

SO WHY DO YOU NEVER, EVER FIX THE PROBLEMS AND RESUB?

1. Who would take that chance?
2. It has never mattered before.

move along

juliaL719


quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
j5 wrote:1. Who would take that chance?
2. It has never mattered before.


Ramy could, with likely very few consequences. He could submit just about anything and it'd pop right up.

It's more of a "respect the customers" and "grow as an artist" thing.

I was drawing a lot of custom tattoo art for a while, and I noticed problem areas. So, too, did my friends and clients. Rather than saying, "eh, it's fine because I must have done it right the first way and my customers are making illegitimate complaints," I fixed the problems.

I don't see the problem with fixing an egregious error that's bothering potential customers. Is it bad to, acknowledge, and *gasp* accept helpful criticism, particularly when everyone has made it abundantly clear EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?

capitalsown


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capitalsown
paulkremer wrote:I like this concept, but something is bothering me about this. It took me a few seconds, and then I realized that although you clearly took time to shape them well, her legs are disproportionate to the rest of her body. Her thighs are almost the same size as her midsection. Maybe that's picky, but it's kind of bugging me.


Well, it doesn't bug me, and frankly I am kind of insulted considering my thighs are LONGER than my midsection, when I pull my knees to my chest they are a good six inches above my shoulder.

What DOES bug me, though, is I'm pretty sure we've seen this design before, and I'm pretty sure it printed. At least something irritatingly similar.

capitalsown


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capitalsown
capitalsown wrote:Well, it doesn't bug me, and frankly I am kind of insulted considering my thighs are LONGER than my midsection, when I pull my knees to my chest they are a good six inches above my shoulder.

What DOES bug me, though, is I'm pretty sure we've seen this design before, and I'm pretty sure it printed. At least something irritatingly similar.


OK, sorry I misunderstood you.

ecila


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecila

The shoes bother me too, but still pretty sure this would be bought for me and my sisters!

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
juliaL719 wrote:Ramy could, with likely very few consequences. He could submit just about anything and it'd pop right up.

It's more of a "respect the customers" and "grow as an artist" thing.

I was drawing a lot of custom tattoo art for a while, and I noticed problem areas. So, too, did my friends and clients. Rather than saying, "eh, it's fine because I must have done it right the first way and my customers are making illegitimate complaints," I fixed the problems.

I don't see the problem with fixing an egregious error that's bothering potential customers. Is it bad to, acknowledge, and *gasp* accept helpful criticism, particularly when everyone has made it abundantly clear EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?


When I said it doesn't matter, I meant that the people voting on this don't notice or don't care that it may have technical flaws.

As for the rest, no comment.

move along

DoublEE


quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: Red Revenge


Fear of the Dark with a sword.

melloncollie3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages melloncollie3

I think it's a strong entry of his, far from the lazy and cutesy animals... But I wouldn't consider buying it.

Also, in the context of this derby (which I think is incredibly strong) I don't think it is deserving of a win. In another derby, yes. But not this one.

baadteddy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages baadteddy
captainbaldie wrote:I could care less about the other Red Riding Hood you made, but this really irks me:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53613

????????

Are you capable of making anything that is wholly yours stylistically? Dr. Seuss is one thing, but even your fellow derby artists? And please do us all a favor and not reply back saying that "you've never seen this entry". We can only be fooled so much.




shinobi380


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinobi380
Re: Red Revenge

the shading is awesome!! is it simply several gradients of 2 or 3 colors? how can i learn this technique?

holothuria


quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria

Wow, a highly sexualized Little Red Riding Hood holding a sword with blood on the tip, having apparently exacted so-called revenge. This is a Freudian field day.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

ChaosDoctor07


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
holothuria wrote:Wow, a highly sexualized Little Red Riding Hood holding a sword with blood on the tip, having apparently exacted so-called revenge. This is a Freudian field day.


I believe the expression "+1 Internets" is appropriate for your keen observation.

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

golanta00


quality posts: 0 Private Messages golanta00
Re: Red Revenge

The hand on the sword bothers me. The top of the grip should be up into her palm, not under her knuckle. Otherwise, I like it. No vote though.

dedl0ck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dedl0ck
Re: Red Revenge


I personally agree with most of the legs comments. They just appear to be a bit long. I understand that anime influence now and days, where the midsection is super tiny, but the legs are a bit meater,and longer then the correct anatomy (My thighs are not longer than my mid-section, but I am 5'5"). Either way, I find I don't appreciate the type of skirt you chose or it's length. It distracts me. It looks to be a just me thing- but I personally don't want my shirts to show more skin then I would. As a mens shirt it'll probably do great. I love the wolf, and it's design. The entire concept is good, but I don't think I'd buy it all in all considering.

joshuaelander


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuaelander
Re: Red Revenge


Nice work Ramyb, reminds me of a mix between kill bill and cammy from streetfighter meets RRH.

jackmando7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7
Re: Red Revenge


I think this would make a good poster.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
jackmando7 wrote:I think this would make a good poster.


No, it wouldn't!
Poster Art is a different league. This is more "comicbook" than poster.
BlindDog3D

gement


quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
dedl0ck wrote:Either way, I find I don't appreciate the type of skirt you chose or it's length. It distracts me. It looks to be a just me thing- but I personally don't want my shirts to show more skin then I would. As a mens shirt it'll probably do great.


It's not just you.

ssravp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssravp
Re: Red Revenge


Love this.

MasterWolf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterWolf
Re: Red Revenge


This would be an insta-buy.

krubdesigns


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krubdesigns
Re: Red Revenge



very nice work +1

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
capitalsown wrote:Well, it doesn't bug me, and frankly I am kind of insulted considering my thighs are LONGER than my midsection, when I pull my knees to my chest they are a good six inches above my shoulder.

that isn't an accurate measurement of your shape. When you pull your knees to your chest your back is curved, your thighs are not that much longer than your full torso.
To get a more accurate measurement you will need a tape-measure, preferably a flexible tailors tape, then you find the pivot point of your hip and measure in both directions. Make sure to have good posture while measuring or you will skew your results - they are also dependent on finding the correct spot to measure from and keeping the spot the same for each direction

jackmando7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7
blinddog3d wrote:No, it wouldn't!
Poster Art is a different league. This is more "comicbook" than poster.
BlindDog3D


Maybe you're right, about it belonging in a comic. I think this is a cool piece of art, however it is not something I would wear.

melfox86


quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: Red Revenge


I agree with the majority of comments- The face looks great, the cloak is amazing, but the legs/skirt/shoes are where you lose me. I love kick-butt girl shirts, (example of the best one I've ever seen
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52891 but this one is too sexualized. Put less emphasis on the legs and high heels, and more on the sword and cloak, and you GMV.

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Red Revenge


Interesting way to build on your other Red Riding Hood design, she's even got the same skirt. Looks like the girl was confident instead of scared after all... grew up and killed her some wolf.

There are alot more details, especially the wrinkles on the shirt and the various highlighting on the cape, which make this more appealing to me than the original of the series.

Regarding the Leg/hips: Actually, I know a few girls with this slender of a build on top and quite the hips/legs, so this really doesn't seem all that misproportioned to me. (Nice to see a non-bosomy heroine too)

The ankles and feet could really use some work though. The top is so well done and defined, but the shoes are kinda blobby. Also, the left leg, her knee is in the position as if her foot were facing forward, but her foot is actually turned sideways. So, her knee on that leg should be turned sideways as well, since when turning your foot sideways the movement comes from the hip and not the ankle. Her sword arm is a little long too, but not overtly so. Also, and this is a weird detail to notice, but a girl with that long of hair would probably not be wearing it underneath the throat-clasp-tie section of the cape, she would let it hang out the front of the hood on top of the tie. (Just trust me as a girl with long hair... itchy, snags, sweaty, getting more snarled every time you turn your head...)

jnelson62


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson62
Re: Red Revenge


Bugger the naysayers. I like it! +1

scidan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scidan
Re: Red Revenge


Great, but the legs kinda not realistic..(like plastic legs)

dedl0ck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dedl0ck
melfox86 wrote: the legs/skirt/shoes are where you lose me. I love kick-butt girl shirts, (example of the best one I've ever seen
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52891 but this one is too sexualized. Put less emphasis on the legs and high heels, and more on the sword and cloak, and you GMV.


I agree- Girls who kick-butt are awesome, I'm more likely to buy then versus a girl who's focus is on her legs.

zzzzz78759


quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
xarous wrote:Really stretching yourself here?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46371


I agree. I think this should be rejected as "similar shirt exists".

beezsaidmoo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beezsaidmoo
paulkremer wrote:I like this concept, but something is bothering me about this. It took me a few seconds, and then I realized that although you clearly took time to shape them well, her legs are disproportionate to the rest of her body. Her thighs are almost the same size as her midsection. Maybe that's picky, but it's kind of bugging me.


Maybe she is Italian. My thighs are almost the size of my midsection. Small waist, wide hips, it's the ideal.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
beezsaidmoo wrote:Maybe she is Italian. My thighs are almost the size of my midsection. Small waist, wide hips, it's the ideal.


This is how my partially Italian wife is built. Personally, I approve.

move along

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
captainbaldie wrote:I could care less about the other Red Riding Hood you made, but this really irks me:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53613

????????

Are you capable of making anything that is wholly yours stylistically? Dr. Seuss is one thing, but even your fellow derby artists? And please do us all a favor and not reply back saying that "you've never seen this entry". We can only be fooled so much.


Why has this not garnered more attention? It is the exact same composition and idea. The only difference is the manga style.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

sernefarian


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sernefarian
Re: Red Revenge


This shirt is freaking EPIC! I totally want one! It had better win.

gwyn779


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
Re: Red Revenge


Ok, not going to get into (lack of) originality, but the legs/feet....they're just wrong. As someone mentioned, her right knee is angled forward which means that her foot can't be turned sideways like that, the ankle just doesn't turn that way. And the left foot should be turned out just a little for perspective/balance. It should be more like this:

muhammadajalal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages muhammadajalal
Re: Red Revenge


It's a nice design, but it seems to play on the legs and the womanly appeal more than it does on a fairy tale. It got my vote regardless because it is epic.

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
gwyn779 wrote:Ok, not going to get into (lack of) originality, but the legs/feet....they're just wrong. As someone mentioned, her right knee is angled forward which means that her foot can't be turned sideways like that, the ankle just doesn't turn that way. And the left foot should be turned out just a little for perspective/balance. It should be more like this:


Don't bother, people have been trying to get basic drawing skills and anatomy through to him for years, he doesn't care. And he doesn't need to, people buy it anyway.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

partimejudas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: Red Revenge


Damn fine work ramyb; I'm digging the new non cutesy style you've been showing lately. +1

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

partimejudas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: Red Revenge


Damn fine work ramyb; I'm digging the new non cutesy style you've been showing lately. +1

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

Exohdus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Exohdus
bluetuba wrote:Don't bother, people have been trying to get basic drawing skills and anatomy through to him for years, he doesn't care. And he doesn't need to, people buy it anyway.


^ is why we need the dislike option for derbys.

9203485793


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 9203485793
Re: Red Revenge


I like this a lot, but the legs/feet/shoes bug the hell out of me too.

Je5ster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Je5ster

Sorry, I will have to remove my initial vote because it is not an original design and the legs. This is a competition for an outstanding shirt design and unfortunately, this is not.

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Exohdus wrote:^ is why we need the dislike option for derbys.


no that wouldn't work kuz the countless ramyb followers would just dislike all the other shirts

aspherical


quality posts: 1 Private Messages aspherical
L3g3ndQ wrote:no that wouldn't work kuz the countless ramyb followers would just dislike all the other shirts


Not if they only get one dislike per derby.

kdring


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdring

I bought the original version of this shirt when it printed like crap and had to get woot to re-print it. Even then it ended up looking like garbage on the t-shirt. Can I trade my old one for this? lol

sjayneuk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjayneuk
Re: Red Revenge


want! This needs to be available.

nblasgen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nblasgen
paulkremer wrote:I like this concept, but something is bothering me about this. It took me a few seconds, and then I realized that although you clearly took time to shape them well, her legs are disproportionate to the rest of her body. Her thighs are almost the same size as her midsection. Maybe that's picky, but it's kind of bugging me.


Now I'll need my girlfriend to look at it. Was thinking that I loved this, but with an artist girlfriend I can't afford to wear something that will make her nit-pick it.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail