Derby #213: Dog Days
+24

Best in Show

Best in Show
add a comment

Comments

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Best in Show

47 hrs. in 69 layers, That's why it's late.

6 colours on Slate
I would love to see a show where those old, fat, snobby, judges had to do what they do to those poor dogs!

Here's some details:



Vote for "The Best in Show!
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Best in Show

I started this for the "Role Reversal" Derby and after about 20 hrs. decided I didn't have time to complete it for that derby. I had to finish 3 logos by Saturday, before I could jump on this. I hope you like it.

Here's the full design:

Dutchbunch5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dutchbunch5
Re: Best in Show


Why is the white fluffy dog's styling so much different than the rest of the design?

Definitely made me laugh.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Dutchbunch5 wrote:Why is the white fluffy dog's styling so much different than the rest of the design?

Definitely made me laugh.


...that's the old "bait and switch."

BlindDog3D

maximus08


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maximus08
Dutchbunch5 wrote:Why is the white fluffy dog's styling so much different than the rest of the design?


This artist has a history of copying other people's art and pasting it into his own. Which could be a possible explanation for different styles in the same piece.

Whether or not this one has stolen elements will be a mystery unless someone uncovers original source material. I'm sure he has covered his tracks well as he has been caught multiple times. I will not risk my vote.

You can decide for yourself.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
maximus08 wrote:This artist has a history of copying other people's art and pasting it into his own.

I never "Pasted" anything.

I challenge everyone to find ANYTHING that is NOT totally original in this design.

This is 100% my work, my style, my art. So, don't waste your time on Google, but feel free to try.
BlindDog3D

maximus08


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maximus08
blinddog3d wrote:I never "Pasted" anything.

I challenge everyone to find ANYTHING that is NOT totally original in this design.

This is 100% my work, my style, my art. So, don't waste your time on Google, but feel free to try.
BlindDog3D


See, it's not really our job to prove that now you are honest. That would be your job.

Challenging others to figure out if you stole anything this time is not the way to go about it.

If I'm not willing to waste my vote on you, why would you think I'd waste that kind of time?

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Best in Show


The "fluffy" dog represents the kind of canines that are put through the grinder at national dog shows. The man on the the skirted table represents the kind of people that judge these animals, looking at every flaw, when they themselves are not "flawless." Most of them are overweight, blind, and fat snobs with bad posture. Don't be like them.

"Judge not, lest ye be Judged."

No photos were harmed in the making of this design.
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

Dog

fossilgirl1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: Best in Show


Innocent till proven guilty. GMV

maximus08


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maximus08
fossilgirl1 wrote:Innocent till proven guilty. GMV


You mean proven guilty again, right?

Because he's been proven guilty numerous times.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
maximus08 wrote:You mean proven guilty again, right?

Because he's been proven guilty numerous times.

You sure do have a lot of savvy for being around for only a few weeks. Twice ain't "numerous," put it to bed.

That's what the tattle button is for, feel free to use it, anytime. Tattle, tattle tattle, but quit your bloodclot crying.

Let ye who is without sin cast the first vote, hahahaaa (I crack myself up, sometimes).

Bugger me! :D
BlindDog

PS- Thanks for the GMV, Fossilgirl1! Live long and prosper

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
blinddog3d wrote:You sure do have a lot of savvy for being around for only a few weeks. Twice ain't "numerous," put it to bed.

That's what the tattle button is for, feel free to use it, anytime. Tattle, tattle tattle, but quit your bloodclot crying.

Let ye who is without sin cast the first vote, hahahaaa (I crack myself up, sometimes).

Bugger me! :D
BlindDog

PS- Thanks for the GMV, Fossilgirl1! Live long and prosper


hyuk. I had to hit reply just to see what 'bloodclot' was inserted for. But you actually wrote that!
I'm a fan of your style, for the most part, but I'm also wary. I Googled the crap out of that Maltese, because the style just doesn't fit the rest of the design. Came up empty. So, due-diligence done, GMV. Though, I still think the style difference between that one element and the rest of the piece is jarring. Doing the Maltese in the same style wouldn't have hurt it a bit, and might have rescued votes from those too gun-shy to suspend disbelief. JMHO.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
paigeg wrote:hyuk. I had to hit reply just to see what 'bloodclot' was inserted for. But you actually wrote that!
I'm a fan of your style, for the most part, but I'm also wary. I Googled the crap out of that Maltese, because the style just doesn't fit the rest of the design. Came up empty. So, due-diligence done, GMV. Though, I still think the style difference between that one element and the rest of the piece is jarring. Doing the Maltese in the same style wouldn't have hurt it a bit, and might have rescued votes from those too gun-shy to suspend disbelief. JMHO.


Paige,
I always love your opinion. The style difference was intentional, and the votes lost wouldn't make a difference to me. I did that so I could use it as the thumb, for those that like cute, fluffy designs and not one person noticed that the dog holding the leash is my logo "BlindDog" in a tux. But this design has a message, "Don't Judge me!"

I have been singled out, not for using other people's art, but for being a loudmouth. There are so many others here that try to get away with copying, and get rejected. I'm not the only one, but I am the sacrificial dog. I'm ok with that.

I apologize for the controversy I caused on your doggy wheels, but you got a vote out of it. I will continue to submit my designs in derbies that merit my time, but I am focusing on my tattoo designs. They are doing very well and I love doing them.

On another note, my 7 Samurabbits that woot rejected has been picked up and produced by SiqueGear.com and will be on sale for $15, next week. I will put a link in my signature for all those that PM'd me that they wanted one if I ever printed it(15 wooters told me they wanted one). I'm doing a 400 shirt run in ALL sizes, from small youth sizes all the way up to XXXL ($18.50 for 3XL).

Thanks for your support through all the controversy, maybe the dust will settle and the drama will cease, but I doubt it. That never stopped me before, so why start now? A little drama never hurts, in fact it just brings attention to my designs.

Sincerely,
Bruno (aka BlindDog3D)

gement


quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
blinddog3d wrote:not one person noticed that the dog holding the leash is my logo "BlindDog" in a tux.


I noticed, and I presume I wasn't alone, since he all but leaped out and licked me on the nose. It seemed evident enough that I didn't think it needed mentioning.

taternuggets


quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
blinddog3d wrote:I have been singled out, not for using other people's art, but...


No, I'm pretty sure that's it.


Nothing follows.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
taternuggets wrote:No, I'm pretty sure that's it.


If that IS the reason then why aren't others that get rejected for the same reason being chastised like I am? Sure, that's the reason for the controoversy, but not the reason everyone was jumping on the linch mob bandwagon.

Later, tater.
BlindDog3D

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
blinddog3d wrote:If that IS the reason then why aren't others that get rejected for the same reason being chastised like I am? Sure, that's the reason for the controoversy, but not the reason everyone was jumping on the linch mob bandwagon.

Later, tater.
BlindDog3D


Squeaky wheel, man.
Arrogance + posturing + mean spirited ripping on "lesser" designs + abuse of tattle + cheating/short-cuts.
May as well have painted a target on your head.

move along

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail