Derby #225: Australia

Blu-Ringed Death

No text allowed this week

Rejected because: No text allowed this week

add a comment

Comments

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Blu-Ringed Death


"man, that stings."

ChaosDoctor07


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: Blu-Ringed Death


1) I feel like the octopodes (or whatever the heck the proper plural form of octopus is) are just going to look like yellow spiders from a distance.

2) Wasting blue-ringed octopodes on a pocket shirt is....disappointing, to be honest.

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Blu-Ringed Death

Josephus is trolling, the detail shows a game of Tic-Tac-Toe

move along

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:1) I feel like the octopodes (or whatever the heck the proper plural form of octopus is) are just going to look like yellow spiders from a distance.

2) Wasting blue-ringed octopodes on a pocket shirt is....disappointing, to be honest.


and yet, they are essentially life sized.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
j5 wrote:Josephus is trolling, the detail shows a game of Tic-Tac-Toe


'trolling'? how so? virtually every entry at woot has some sort of stupid (or clever) joke on it. Whenever I submit something without such a 'hook' (to use the trolling metaphor) in the current atmosphere, not only does my design not get votes, it gets completely ignored.

I really like this design. I wanted to see if I could make a decent pocket, and I also think the blue ringed octiplurals turned out really well. IRL, I actually have an eraser with a leetle octopus on it, too.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Josephus wrote:'trolling'? how so?

By submitting a design that clearly violates the rules, and highlighting that fact in the thumbnail image, you are trolling the rejectionator.

move along

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
j5 wrote:By submitting a design that clearly violates the rules, and highlighting that fact in the thumbnail image, you are trolling the rejectionator.


My argument, which I brought up in my submission text; more info to show I wasn't baiting the rejector; is that the 'O's in the game are markers, and further, the natural coloring of the octopus. The other markers are NOT 'X's at all, but markers to distinguish from the 'O's which happen to be similar to a tilted divide symbol, and not at all 'X'-like.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Josephus wrote:My argument, which I brought up in my submission text; more info to show I wasn't baiting the rejector; is that the 'O's in the game are markers, and further, the natural coloring of the octopus. The other markers are NOT 'X's at all, but markers to distinguish from the 'O's which happen to be similar to a tilted divide symbol, and not at all 'X'-like.

Then I wish you well in your quest for votes, and may the rejectionator be ever lenient.

move along

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
j5 wrote:Then I wish you well in your quest for votes, and may the rejectionator be ever lenient.


oh, hell.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Josephus wrote:oh, hell.


Sorry man. I didn't tattle for whatever that's worth.

move along

differentname13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages differentname13
j5 wrote:Sorry man. I didn't tattle for whatever that's worth.


I don't get it. How does a game of tic tac toe = text?

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail