Derby #243: Spring into Spring!

Bunny Girl

Nope

Rejected because: Nope

add a comment

Comments

jlsinger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger

Any comments or critiques are appreciated

lisonallie


quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
jlsinger wrote:Any comments or critiques are appreciated


the only things I can think to critique is that the pose is very stiff so it looks unnatural, and the proportions are a little exaggerated, though that may be your style. Otherwise, I think it's a very nice design and I love the face, it's great.

cjoymr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjoymr
Re: Bunny Girl


I'm not sure why this should not be considered a Pop Culture reference--Playboy is pop culture.

jlsinger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger
cjoymr wrote:I'm not sure why this should not be considered a Pop Culture reference--Playboy is pop culture.


While I do see where you're coming from, this isn't a Playboy Bunny. A girl in a bunny costume doesn't automatically make it Playboy. Playboys have a shirt collar with a bow tie, and shirt cuffs on their wrists. They also generally wear black, have black tights, and have high heeled shoes (not boots). Trust me, I looked into it before I drew her because I knew the comparison would probably be drawn.

jlsinger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger
lisonallie wrote:the only things I can think to critique is that the pose is very stiff so it looks unnatural, and the proportions are a little exaggerated, though that may be your style. Otherwise, I think it's a very nice design and I love the face, it's great.


Thanks I do agree that she does seem a little stiff. I noticed after I was too far in to change it. I had to rush it a bit because of work this week Hopefully next time I wont have that problem.

cjoymr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjoymr
jlsinger wrote:While I do see where you're coming from, this isn't a Playboy Bunny. A girl in a bunny costume doesn't automatically make it Playboy. Playboys have a shirt collar with a bow tie, and shirt cuffs on their wrists. They also generally wear black, have black tights, and have high heeled shoes (not boots). Trust me, I looked into it before I drew her because I knew the comparison would probably be drawn.


Clearly the bow tie and cuffs are the first things every man checks when determining if a corseted woman dressed as a rabbit is truly a Playboy bunny.

tangolite132


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
cjoymr wrote:Clearly the bow tie and cuffs are the first things every man checks when determining if a corseted woman dressed as a rabbit is truly a Playboy bunny.


Obviously. XD

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

tygerlili


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tygerlili
Re: Bunny Girl


Ahhhhhh - so I seem to be the only one that simply thinks it is just tacky and tasteless ... Bum!

jlsinger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger
tygerlili wrote:Ahhhhhh - so I seem to be the only one that simply thinks it is just tacky and tasteless ... Bum!


I'm sorry but people like you make me mad. It's one thing if you don't like the shirt, but to criticize it without offering advice on how to improve it is just wrong. I don't go around telling people how horrible I think there shirts are because I have respect for others as fellow artists. People put a lot of work into their designs, and you shouldn't try to just tear them down. If I don't like a shirt, I'll offer advice on what they could do better next time or why I feel it doesn't work. I hope in the future you'll have a little more respect for others.

tangolite132


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
tygerlili wrote:Ahhhhhh - so I seem to be the only one that simply thinks it is just tacky and tasteless ... Bum!


That was just plain out rude...

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

TobiasAmaranth


quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Bunny Girl


Can someone elaborate on the rejectionator here? What specifically was it that they had a problem with?

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

D3lusional


quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
TobiasAmaranth wrote:Can someone elaborate on the rejectionator here? What specifically was it that they had a problem with?


The slutty outfit. They print these on kids shirts for procreate sake.

octav1an


quality posts: 0 Private Messages octav1an

That is pretty ugly drawing.

I don't think anyone would like such a "thing" (it doesn't look like a girl) on the shirt.

jlsinger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger
octav1an wrote:That is pretty ugly drawing.

I don't think anyone would like such a "thing" (it doesn't look like a girl) on the shirt.


So how exactly does it not look like a girl? I'm just curious what girls you've been looking at to draw that conclusion lol Also I would like to forward you to my previous post.

aramis525


quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
D3lusional wrote:The slutty outfit. They print these on kids shirts for procreate sake.


Says the person who had to be censored.

faradhi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages faradhi
Re: Bunny Girl


BWAHHAHA! Nope, that is an awesome reason. succinct and spot on.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail