Derby #261: The Internet Through Art History
+547

Across the Starry Night: A study in nude

Across the Starry Night: A study in nude
add a comment

Comments

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed with the rejection on this entry, but I understand woot's concern. I decided I wasn't done with this entry yet, and even though there probably isn't enough time for it to make it back to the top, I wanted to get this little guy back in there again after having spent so long on it. I thought it would be cute to have the cat riding a poptart like a magic carpet across the sky. Hope you guys like the outcome, and please don't mind the tongue-in-cheek title :P

baybei


quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


Loved the original, was disappointed to see it rejected, and couldn't help buy hope you would re-do this! So, thank you, and good luck 'riding' to the top again!

kristinc1229


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristinc1229
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


I hope this makes it back to the top. I said it on the original, and ill say it again..I would definitely buy it!

odeteka


quality posts: 0 Private Messages odeteka
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


Love this! Love it so much I'm writing my first comment on it Would definitely buy and wear this (probably would have to buy one for my daughter too).

nico402


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nico402
ramyb wrote:Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed with the rejection on this entry, but I understand woot's concern. I decided I wasn't done with this entry yet, and even though there probably isn't enough time for it to make it back to the top, I wanted to get this little guy back in there again after having spent so long on it. I thought it would be cute to have the cat riding a poptart like a magic carpet across the sky. Hope you guys like the outcome, and please don't mind the tongue-in-cheek title :P

I really like this shirt, if it makes it to the top, I'll get it for sure!

I really hope it makes it!

fotohippi


quality posts: 2 Private Messages fotohippi
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


I really don't understand why Woot rejected this shirt. Any idea? However, I'm glad to see it back at the top of the list.This might be my favorite Woot shirt ever. I'd buy 3 to have backups.

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
fotohippi wrote:I really don't understand why Woot rejected this shirt. Any idea? However, I'm glad to see it back at the top of the list.This might be my favorite Woot shirt ever. I'd buy 3 to have backups.

They said it was too close to the original character. See here for a past ruling on a nyan cat parody, and scroll down halfway to read Bassanimation's comment too. Hopefully that will clear it up for you.
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/55196/neon-neon-neon-neon-neon-neon

lisonallie


quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude

logging in to vote for this - w -. It would only be better on purple! Make purple shirt blanks woot ; D. I love this shirt and I am in for one : D I like the new concept as well as the old one too : ). Thanks ramy!

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


Thank you guys for coming out to support this design again! I know it's still a long shot, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


What would be funny is if this unseats TJost as the latest sub to print.

move along

CVBrennan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


This is my favorite in the FOG. Nice composition with great references to art history and internet kittens. I know others did similar designs but I think this one is the prettiest!

rmgiles5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmgiles5
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude

I adore this shirt! I really hope that it gets printed--I will definitely be buying one!

rmgiles5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmgiles5
ramyb wrote:Thank you guys for coming out to support this design again! I know it's still a long shot, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway

This is one of my overall favorite shirts that I've seen on Woot! I just broke down and joined recently because I finally found one that I couldn't resist. Now I'm glad I did so I was able to vote for this one--glad it made it back into the Fog, and I'm really hoping it wins--good luck!

werdwerdus


quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus

jazzyrhythms


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jazzyrhythms
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude



I'm really disappointed and let down. I voted for the original and had no idea it had been disqualified until after voting closed. I know at least one other person who was in the same boat as me. I would have voted for this new one, and would have bought it too. We all know this would have made at least 3rd place if the disqualification hadn't occurred so late in the derby. Now that we can see this easily took 4th and was ready to catch third, it's even more disappointing.

That's right. One of the "Honest 200". Arggggg


fierytresses


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fierytresses
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


I really wanted this one to win.

fierytresses


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fierytresses
jazzyrhythms wrote:I'm really disappointed and let down. I voted for the original and had no idea it had been disqualified until after voting closed. I know at least one other person who was in the same boat as me. I would have voted for this new one, and would have bought it too. We all know this would have made at least 3rd place if the disqualification hadn't occurred so late in the derby. Now that we can see this easily took 4th and was ready to catch third, it's even more disappointing.


2nd and 3rd are not determined by votes anymore. Somebody picks them. Why didn't the pick this one?

cdrewlow


quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
fierytresses wrote:2nd and 3rd are not determined by votes anymore. Somebody picks them. Why didn't the pick this one?


The current derby is the 1st time that Woot is using its new system. This design was still under the old 1st 2nd 3rd system.

amckitty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amckitty

yeah, i'd have bought this one too.

Shabutie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shabutie
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude

editors choice please!!!

moonprincess1358


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonprincess1358
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude


I do would have bought this shirt if it would have been available! I love Starry Night and Nyancat!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail