Derby #264: Your Third and Final Wish

Wish Big

Rejected because: We can't run this

add a comment

Comments

no1spatial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages no1spatial
Re: Wish Big


The first wish, you were so excited you just blurted out Serentiy Season Two before you'd even thought things through and realized that Serenity was a movie. Still, you enjoyed the sequel, even if it was a shame about Zoe. Well, after the events of the first movie she's probably happier.
The second wish, that was mainly because you were still thinking about that first one and you wanted to get it right. But then you got through Firefly Season Two and realized you were in the same position you were at the end of season one. It was just so good (even after Simon Tam and Badger died, quite unnecessarily, you thought), you wanted it to go on forever.
Your third wish made everything right with the world. Sure, it was a little hard to keep watching year after year after year after year after year after year after year, especially when Jayne went out (in a blaze of glory, naturally), and you weren't sure how they were going to keep it going once Captain Mal kicked the bucket, but it turns out Firefly: the Afterlife solves a lot of those problems. Enjoy eternity.

no1spatial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages no1spatial

Sorry, all, I couldn't resist.

octav1an


quality posts: 0 Private Messages octav1an

no-no, its a pop quiz tv show

lloyd2002


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
Re: Wish Big


What is it about people copying the design concept (almost verbatim) of a shirt already in the fog.

Like the other "firefly" shirt, this one should, and probably will, be rejected, since using the copyrighted name of a movie/TV Show is an auto-reject.

I don't know if the original artist, who I'm too lazy to look up, should be flattered or pissed. Or, for the conspiracy-minded, maybe these are just being tossed out there to pull votes away from the fogged designs.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lloyd2002 wrote:What is it about people copying the design concept (almost verbatim) of a shirt already in the fog.

Like the other "firefly" shirt, this one should, and probably will, be rejected, since using the copyrighted name of a movie/TV Show is an auto-reject.

I don't know if the original artist, who I'm too lazy to look up, should be flattered or pissed. Or, for the conspiracy-minded, maybe these are just being tossed out there to pull votes away from the fogged designs.

I'm not convinced this isn't the same artist (lyonscc) using a pseudo. Check the account creation date and submission.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

lyonscc


quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
j5 wrote:I'm not convinced this isn't the same artist (lyonscc) using a pseudo. Check the account creation date and submission.


For the record, this definitely isn't me.

The primary reason I went with the Serenity logo in my design (minus the Chinese symbol for serenity) vs. the Firefly one was that ... there is no Firefly "logo" other than the name, itself, which is copyrighted.

I won't go with lloyd's conspiracy theory, but it is pretty silly to have two obvious knock-off designs from two new accounts in as many days.

Such is life.

no1spatial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages no1spatial
lyonscc wrote:For the record, this definitely isn't me.

The primary reason I went with the Serenity logo in my design (minus the Chinese symbol for serenity) vs. the Firefly one was that ... there is no Firefly "logo" other than the name, itself, which is copyrighted.

I won't go with lloyd's conspiracy theory, but it is pretty silly to have two obvious knock-off designs from two new accounts in as many days.

Such is life.


Here, I'll give you the whole scoop on how/why this design came to be. It was born out of the baffling (to me) rise of the rip off of your original design last night. This derby has been very strange from the start, even including the lack of rejections of designs that should probably really be rejected. So, in the mood that I was last night, I decided to poke a little fun at the derby with this design. It's not intended to pull votes away from yours, as with the late start I don't think it could come anywhere close anyway. It's just meant to encompass what I thought was the weirdness of this week's derby. Hope I didn't offend too much.

llamassassin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
no1spatial wrote:Here, I'll give you the whole scoop on how/why this design came to be. It was born out of the baffling (to me) rise of the rip off of your original design last night. This derby has been very strange from the start, even including the lack of rejections of designs that should probably really be rejected. So, in the mood that I was last night, I decided to poke a little fun at the derby with this design. It's not intended to pull votes away from yours, as with the late start I don't think it could come anywhere close anyway. It's just meant to encompass what I thought was the weirdness of this week's derby. Hope I didn't offend too much.


this really HAS been a weird derby. More than once I've thought to myself, "Wut." :P Glad that you did this as a joke and not a true rip off, but it's probably still going to tick people off.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
no1spatial wrote:Here, I'll give you the whole scoop on how/why this design came to be. It was born out of the baffling (to me) rise of the rip off of your original design last night. This derby has been very strange from the start, even including the lack of rejections of designs that should probably really be rejected. So, in the mood that I was last night, I decided to poke a little fun at the derby with this design. It's not intended to pull votes away from yours, as with the late start I don't think it could come anywhere close anyway. It's just meant to encompass what I thought was the weirdness of this week's derby. Hope I didn't offend too much.

Pretty evident what's going on. Someone took issue of using the Serenity logo/font for a Firefly design and did their own. The minions of OMGFirefly! sheeple voted reflexively.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Wish Big


man i liked this one waaaay better than the one in the fog B^(

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail