Derby #266: Single Line

Extinction

No halftones this derby

Rejected because: No halftones this derby

add a comment

Comments

pyromike25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromike25

nice! +1

walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Extinction


I hope you like it!

By the way, its just one single line but on zig zag for the half tone effect, I hope on this way it is not braking any rule

Saludos!

clarinerd


quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Re: Extinction


hehe, excellent! +1

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Extinction


Looks cool on the shirt there, nice!

jfsiv


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
Re: Extinction


What can you use halftones if it is part of the line, because I thought they said No halftones?

ochopika


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

jfsiv wrote:What can you use halftones if it is part of the line, because I thought they said No halftones?


Yea, I need some clarification on this too. You can use a brush that exactly mimics a halftone effect, but no halftones? Sounds dicey to me.

It's a well-done design without the effect. I think the lines are really pushing the rule. Be honest... you get the exact same look by making your lines glow, then changing the gradient to halftones. The line doesn't zig-zag, it's a solid line with tiny little lines sticking out of it.
The only reason this bothers me is because "glowy" designs naturally pop-out more and look better. I think that a lot of folks would have made their lines like this if they knew they were allowed. If we ARE allowed to do this then I'm making my design all shiny too!

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
ochopika wrote:Yea, I need some clarification on this too. You can use a brush that exactly mimics a halftone effect, but no halftones? Sounds dicey to me.

It's a well-done design without the effect. I think the lines are really pushing the rule. Be honest... you get the exact same look by making your lines glow, then changing the gradient to halftones. The line doesn't zig-zag, it's a solid line with tiny little lines sticking out of it.
The only reason this bothers me is because "glowy" designs naturally pop-out more and look better. I think that a lot of folks would have made their lines like this if they knew they were allowed. If we ARE allowed to do this then I'm making my design all shiny too!

Yes, I would like to see woot weigh in on this issue. From the rest of the rules, I was anticipating only simple solid lines allowed, and it will change the whole dynamics of designs presented if additional creative effects can be added through clever linestyles

bounty42


quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
runnerfrog13 wrote:Yes, I would like to see woot weigh in on this issue. From the rest of the rules, I was anticipating only simple solid lines allowed, and it will change the whole dynamics of designs presented if additional creative effects can be added through clever linestyles


I think it would be a lot different if all of the cross-hatches were perpendicular to the line itself, but when they're all parallel to the hactchs, irregardless of line orientation, they stretch credibilty as "not half tones."

But this, and BootsBoots (or sensibleflatssensibleflats) entry will be the defining points for what the rejectionationator will and will not allow.



Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

PixelPants


quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Extinction


Really like the stylised representation of the dinos and the way the snaking line contains a full scene. Clever stuff Walmazan.

walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Extinction


I don't want to make polemic about this, so I made a new version whit clean lines I hope you can support it!

I will be take down this version in a little bit.

Extinction V.2

clav08


quality posts: 2 Private Messages clav08
Re: Extinction


I love the glow effect that this one seems to have. Maybe it's just my eyes. /rubs

mailmanmo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
walmazan wrote:

I will be take down this version in a little bit.

Extinction V.2


Wow big respect earned there Mr W. Nice to see an artist respecting the rules and fellow wooters. +1 for your resubmitted design.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail