Derby #282: Sleeeeeeeep

Dreamland Concerto

Not seeing the theme here.

Rejected because: Not seeing the theme here.

add a comment

Comments

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Dreamland Concerto


I normally don't like shirts that look "clip-arty", but this is stellar

lyonscc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
mjc613 wrote:I normally don't like shirts that look "clip-arty", but this is stellar


Thanks! I had originally started this during the "Beach" derby, but I kept messing up the piano model, and I was never happy with the environment around it. Here's an early test render I did before I settled down on the design I ended up going with:

abrndude


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrndude

How does this have anything to do with sleep? Just because you changed the name doesnt mean it has anything to do with the theme. You even said it was originally for a beach theme, wow.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lyonscc wrote:Thanks! I had originally started this during the "Beach" derby, but I kept messing up the piano model, and I was never happy with the environment around it. Here's an early test render I did before I settled down on the design I ended up going with:

I saw where you render in Bryce. Do you use the internal modeler or do you use Blender or maybe SolidWorks?

move along

lyonscc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
j5 wrote:I saw where you render in Bryce. Do you use the internal modeler or do you use Blender or maybe SolidWorks?


Scarily, I went back and checked by manuals, and the first version of Bryce I purchased was back in 1997 (The first PC version), and I used ports from RayDream Designer and the internal modeler in Bryce for many years. Later, I moved to DAZ Studio, though I've dabbled in Blender and Sketchup (My wife's got a degree in interior design, so she has Sketchup and some other modeling software on her Mac).

I find that, as kludgy as it is, the Bryce modeler is quick enough for my dabbling, though DAZ studio ports pretty seamlessly.

lyonscc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
abrndude wrote:How does this have anything to do with sleep? Just because you changed the name doesnt mean it has anything to do with the theme. You even said it was originally for a beach theme, wow.


I said I *started* it with the beach theme, but it's not what it would have been for that one (I was actually trying to put it on a beach w/ a waterfall). I'm a musician (primarily keyboards), and I often dream w/ instruments and I was trying to create an ethereal "dream-like" to capture that.

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Dreamland Concerto

Really? This was rejected for theme? He explained the connection in his comments. Unless you normally see a piano hovering on water... just because it was started for a different derby doesn't mean it's not applicable for this derby.

It's no more offtopic than
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/68220/the-little-theatre-of-the-night
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/68262/welcome-to-dream-land
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/68162/the-architects-dream

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail