Derby #286: Escher-esque
+12

Growth on Tessellation

Growth on Tessellation
add a comment

Comments

oakenspirit


quality posts: 70 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Growth on Tessellation


I'll tell you- This is very cool and I love the design of it... however, I think it would work better in a different composition or layout on the shirt itself... perhaps more wispy and less boxy.
-maybe even just taking up a side.


wkjii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkjii
oakenspirit wrote:I'll tell you- This is very cool and I love the design of it... however, I think it would work better in a different composition or layout on the shirt itself... perhaps more wispy and less boxy.
-maybe even just taking up a side.


Thank you, oakenspirit. The woven tessellation took too much time and I ended up rushing to get it submitted. Maybe I'll have to rework it in the future.

It is mainly an effort to put my wife's suggestions into play. It is difficult realizing someone elses vision.

oakenspirit


quality posts: 70 Private Messages oakenspirit
wkjii wrote:Thank you, oakenspirit. The woven tessellation took too much time and I ended up rushing to get it submitted. Maybe I'll have to rework it in the future.

It is mainly an effort to put my wife's suggestions into play. It is difficult realizing someone elses vision.


Don't get me wrong. Its a nice design and I really dog how clean it is. GMV -also... I know the time crunch AND the bringing wife's idea to life stress... heh.


wkjii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkjii
oakenspirit wrote: Don't get me wrong. Its a nice design and I really dog how clean it is. GMV -also... I know the time crunch AND the bringing wife's idea to life stress... heh.


Don't worry, oakenspirit, I am not offended by constructive criticism. Especially from an experienced artist.

An aside... I find it the most difficult translating design into multiple softwares and have something usable spit back out at me. I like the Corel Draw suite but, it might be time to look elsewhere. It's been frustrating me lately I think I need a drawing tablet thing.

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Growth on Tessellation

This would be really effective if you took your circles and made it larger so the design was more apparent, made it the centerpiece of the shirt, and made it round with a vine running through it and leaves popping out. I'm thinking it could really evoke Escher's snake circle that way, but with vines

wkjii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkjii
runnerfrog13 wrote:This would be really effective if you took your circles and made it larger so the design was more apparent, made it the centerpiece of the shirt, and made it round with a vine running through it and leaves popping out. I'm thinking it could really evoke Escher's snake circle that way, but with vines


That pretty much hits my original scheme dead on, runnerfrog13. The snake circle was one of my main inspirations but, I wanted to use a demi-regular tessellation. Before I ran out of time I wanted to have a more elaborate design in a circle with the size of the tessellation increasing and decreasing with the heart in the center.

As time got slim I cut many ideas but, HOW did I not put LEAVES on the vine?!? I could have even made the shape of the leaves based on the demi-regular tessellation similar to the flowers.

Thanks for pointing out my forgetfulness :D *laughing sadly*

I'll have to try to rework this idea into another theme sometime.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail