Derby #288: Mad Science!
+124

Charging the Dark Tower (Resub)

Charging the Dark Tower (Resub)
add a comment

Comments

lyonscc


quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Charging the Dark Tower (Resub)


I really shouldn't have needed a resubmittal, but I've added text, just to make the "Science" part obvious now.

tomspc


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
lyonscc wrote:I really shouldn't have needed a resubmittal, but I've added text, just to make the "Science" part obvious now.


You should always be ready with a resub. I think they see your name and reject. lol

lyonscc


quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
tomspc wrote:You should always be ready with a resub. I think they see your name and reject. lol

Thanks,

Sometimes, I wonder how right you might be, but I suspect it has more to do with some folks on rejectionator duty taking tattles at face value, with little research, and others dig a little more (and thus, allow a little bit more). Either way, I just try to adjust and move on.

This time, I *did* have a second version ready, just in case, though I hated having to add the text. I like both, but I like the subtlety of not explaining a joke.

tgentry


quality posts: 123 Private Messages tgentry
lyonscc wrote:Thanks,

Sometimes, I wonder how right you might be, but I suspect it has more to do with some folks on rejectionator duty taking tattles at face value, with little research, and others dig a little more (and thus, allow a little bit more). Either way, I just try to adjust and move on.

This time, I *did* have a second version ready, just in case, though I hated having to add the text. I like both, but I like the subtlety of not explaining a joke.


FWIW, I got the concept based off the title, but I've never seen a plasma globe that looks like that. It doesn't read to me as mad science related but "Eye of Sauron with a green eye" (something I'm not sure we could even run.) I appreciate you're going for subtlety, but the connection is just too subtle without supporting text.

lyonscc


quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
tgentry wrote:FWIW, I got the concept based off the title, but I've never seen a plasma globe that looks like that. It doesn't read to me as mad science related but "Eye of Sauron with a green eye" (something I'm not sure we could even run.) I appreciate you're going for subtlety, but the connection is just too subtle without supporting text.


Thanks a bunch for the explanation, Travis! I understand the tricky line y'all have to walk with IP and parody, and your job walking that line is unenviable.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail

Whoa there buckaroo!

If you wanna vote, you need to first. Be sure to using an account with at least one purchase, otherwise you won't be able to participate. Sorry we called you buckaroo.