Derby #300: What Makes Me Different
+65

Memories and Dreams

Memories and Dreams
add a comment

Comments

tchuk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tchuk
Re: Memories and Dreams


Finally got this one finished guys :D I based it on the idea of how each of us are both affected by and can tell our own stories and how each one if different.

So a collection of creatures manifesting themselves out of a girl who has a penchant for books seems like a pretty good way of getting that across! :P

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
tchuk wrote:Finally got this one finished guys :D I based it on the idea of how each of us are both affected by and can tell our own stories and how each one if different.

So a collection of creatures manifesting themselves out of a girl who has a penchant for books seems like a pretty good way of getting that across! :P


/claps
So lovely.



lokklyn


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lokklyn
tchuk wrote:Finally got this one finished guys :D I based it on the idea of how each of us are both affected by and can tell our own stories and how each one if different.

So a collection of creatures manifesting themselves out of a girl who has a penchant for books seems like a pretty good way of getting that across! :P


Gorgeous, great work

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Memories and Dreams


Ohhhhhh super looovely. Absolutely awesome illustration!

tchuk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tchuk
bassanimation wrote:Ohhhhhh super looovely. Absolutely awesome illustration!


Aww thanks! I'm surprised I even managed to get it done with the colour limitations.

Love yours too

smoothvince


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smoothvince
Re: Memories and Dreams


Beautiful!
Though on a personal note, I'd prefer it without the background so that the whole design blends into the shirt better.
Kudos though, almost thought it was Alice for a second

tchuk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tchuk
smoothvince wrote:Beautiful!
Though on a personal note, I'd prefer it without the background so that the whole design blends into the shirt better.
Kudos though, almost thought it was Alice for a second


Ah, well that was the original plan, to not have the background. But I think it didn't make it stand out enough and so I added it in and tried showing the transition from reality into fantasy with it But thanks! :D

inthekitchenbitchin


quality posts: 1 Private Messages inthekitchenbitchin
Re: Memories and Dreams


I need this shirt~

smoothvince


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smoothvince
tchuk wrote:Ah, well that was the original plan, to not have the background. But I think it didn't make it stand out enough and so I added it in and tried showing the transition from reality into fantasy with it But thanks! :D


The quality of your drawing is superb.
It always disheartens me when great art like yours doesn't even make it to the final contenders (especially over pop culture references).
Please keep entering derbies!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail