Derby #302: Vacation Slogan Shirts
+289

Land of Splendor and Corn

Land of Splendor and Corn
add a comment

Comments

ApeLad


quality posts: 63 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn

Click on this to see it bigger:

USAUSA by Ape Lad, on Flickr

nathanwpyle


quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


This is terrific work

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


Haha this is amazing! COWS, so true, Oh My! Flying Guards!. Texas is like Cow Land. T-Bone is the national food here.

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


I want this for a wall map!

amroyo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo
ApeLad wrote:Click on this to see it bigger:

USAUSA by Ape Lad, on Flickr


This is great. However, as an Upstate New Yorker I shake my fist a little at pizza for New York. New York City? Yes. But, there's so much more to the state than the city. We have apples! And cows! And mountains! and...Buffalo wings!

I second the request for a poster of this.

krittikae


quality posts: 28 Private Messages krittikae
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


I love that Montana is trying to claim Mt Rushmore. So cute!

Vote!

Check out my catalog!

Diane16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diane16

I like how South Dakota is rather upset with Montana

kgot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgot

I don't get why PA is "paper"--can anyone enlighten me?

jessisima


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
kgot wrote:I don't get why PA is "paper"--can anyone enlighten me?


I believe it is a reference to the show "The Office." Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company is based in Scranton, PA

deborah11565


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


This is way too cute ! GMV

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 53 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


This is really great! I need a poster for my classroom wall, please.











Melewen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melewen
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


What about D.C.?

ApeLad


quality posts: 63 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


Thanks for the comments and votes!
I've been wanting to do a design like this for a while.

sms129


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sms129
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


As an Ohioan, I love that we get "pointy flag". Haha! Classic.

DJODonohue


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJODonohue
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


Living in Illinois, I'd say there's more corn than pizza

the cake is a lie

jstjred


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


Put a Bird on it!

lonelypond


quality posts: 665 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


turn apelad loose on this sort of thing and what you get is a collection of references both surprising and perfect.

pete1123


quality posts: 3 Private Messages pete1123
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


Oh this has just GOT to be made! Not sure I can pull off a red shirt (and its implications) but this one is worth it! Ha!

XRMaxwell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages XRMaxwell
amroyo wrote:This is great. However, as an Upstate New Yorker I shake my fist a little at pizza for New York. New York City? Yes. But, there's so much more to the state than the city. We have apples! And cows! And mountains! and...Buffalo wings!



I agree with this in principle. However, I realize that my home state of Illinois, if it were not saying pizza because of Chicago, would be yet another member of the corn contingent. So I count my blessings.

BrainFreeze


quality posts: 2 Private Messages BrainFreeze
XRMaxwell wrote:I agree with this in principle. However, I realize that my home state of Illinois, if it were not saying pizza because of Chicago, would be yet another member of the corn contingent. So I count my blessings.


I would say the only downfall of the shirt is all the corns. Yes there is a ton of corn in those states. Iowa should have at least been pigs. There are over 2x more pigs in Iowa than any other state. There are ruffly 6 pigs per person.

xaberz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages xaberz
amroyo wrote:This is great. However, as an Upstate New Yorker I shake my fist a little at pizza for New York. New York City? Yes. But, there's so much more to the state than the city. We have apples! And cows! And mountains! and...Buffalo wings!

I second the request for a poster of this.


Oh really? New York Style Pizza is amazing. I live in Buffalo, and I order Pizza more than Chicken Wings. P.S. If you're from Buffalo you wouldn't say Buffalo Wings anyway, You would just say Wings or Chicken Wings.

aethera21


quality posts: 1 Private Messages aethera21
xaberz wrote:Oh really? New York Style Pizza is amazing. I live in Buffalo, and I order Pizza more than Chicken Wings. P.S. If you're from Buffalo you wouldn't say Buffalo Wings anyway, You would just say Wings or Chicken Wings.



NJ is making me sad.

And I'll second that there's great pizza in upstate NY.

orabbit


quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
aethera21 wrote:NJ is making me sad.

And I'll second that there's great pizza in upstate NY.


Yeah, the upstate college town where I live has a bunch of "Long Island Style" pizzerias. Anyone ever had "cold cheese" before?

Thirdbase9


quality posts: 149 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


Some of those "corn" states should be saying "wheat."

I don't know.

ApeLad


quality posts: 63 Private Messages ApeLad
orabbit wrote:Yeah, the upstate college town where I live has a bunch of "Long Island Style" pizzerias. Anyone ever had "cold cheese" before?


Yes! And salad pizza, which is exactly what it sounds like.
Yum.

geekincarnadine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine
ApeLad wrote:Yes! And salad pizza, which is exactly what it sounds like.
Yum.


I've never had salad pizza, but now I want it. (And still love the design.)

ApeLad


quality posts: 63 Private Messages ApeLad
geekincarnadine wrote:I've never had salad pizza, but now I want it. (And still love the design.)


Thanks!
I recommend Sal's of Mamaroneck, NY for all your salad pizza needs.

Quasiskunk


quality posts: 37 Private Messages Quasiskunk
Sometimes there are more Beans than Pizza too


DJODonohue wrote:Living in Illinois, I'd say there's more corn than pizza

xxchet22xx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxchet22xx

Awesome! I'm from the lands of Lakes, Pizzas, and Lovers.

heegemcgee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages heegemcgee
Re: Land of Splendor and Corn


Don't you guys get tired of wearing web comics? There were so many designs that looked really fresh without having that "HAW!" reaction.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail

Whoa there buckaroo!

If you wanna vote, you need to first. Be sure to using an account with at least one purchase, otherwise you won't be able to participate. Sorry we called you buckaroo.