Derby #312: '80s Retro
+26

The Shining -- 1980

The Shining -- 1980
add a comment

Comments

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: The Shining -- 1980


I was offered a job at The Stanley Hotel, way back in the 90's.

Nice.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

river0040


quality posts: 0 Private Messages river0040
Mavyn wrote:I was offered a job at The Stanley Hotel, way back in the 90's.

Nice.


After seeing The Shining, I wouldn't want to work there... Thanks for the compliment. You made my day!

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
river0040 wrote:After seeing The Shining, I wouldn't want to work there... Thanks for the compliment. You made my day!


I turned it down, but not because of the movie. The hotel is actually in Estes Park, not remote like the movie makes it seem. But I was living in Ft Collins at the time and the commute would have been quite long.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

river0040


quality posts: 0 Private Messages river0040
Mavyn wrote:I turned it down, but not because of the movie. The hotel is actually in Estes Park, not remote like the movie makes it seem. But I was living in Ft Collins at the time and the commute would have been quite long.


Hope (and expect) that decision worked out well for you. Plus, you've still got a story to tell... that's gotta' count for something!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail