Derby #369: Literary Classics as Video Games
+54

Juliet NES

Juliet NES
add a comment

Comments

geekincarnadine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine
Re: Juliet NES


I played sooo much Dragon Warrior, might as well put it to use. ;) I hope folks enjoy it!

Please vote...thank you!

kellabell9


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kellabell9
Re: Juliet NES


Fantastic!

geekincarnadine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine
Re: Juliet NES


kellabell9 wrote:Fantastic!


Thank you!

Please vote...thank you!

imsochady


quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Juliet NES


Lol, I wonder if I pick "NO". Cool concept!

geekincarnadine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine
Re: Juliet NES


imsochady wrote:Lol, I wonder if I pick "NO". Cool concept!


Then the game replies "But thou must!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=But%20Thou%20Must

Thanks!

Please vote...thank you!

imsochady


quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
geekincarnadine wrote:Then the game replies "But thou must!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=But%20Thou%20Must

Thanks!


Hah! So there's no choice to be made after all.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
Re: Juliet NES


I'm not a fan of R&J ~dodges torches and pitchforks~ but the artwork in this is incredible. Lovely work <3


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

geekincarnadine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine
Re: Juliet NES


Nitetigrezz wrote:I'm not a fan of R&J ~dodges torches and pitchforks~ but the artwork in this is incredible. Lovely work <3


Thank you! <3

I don't know...a game version of R&J where Juliet is the protagonist and you can maybe change everyone's fate with the choices made in the story? I think it could be fun...

I somewhat wish I had the skills to make that game. ;)

Please vote...thank you!

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
geekincarnadine wrote:Thank you! <3

I don't know...a game version of R&J where Juliet is the protagonist and you can maybe change everyone's fate with the choices made in the story? I think it could be fun...

I somewhat wish I had the skills to make that game. ;)


XD Yeah, I could see how that would make a great game. I have a whole rant as to why I'm not a fan of the play, but slap that game on a pc and I'd play the hell outta it. Specially if it has artwork like this and your choices actually effect the story. Could play out soooo many what-if scenarios XD


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

geekincarnadine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine

Thanks so much for the kind words and votes, all -- this derby was a lot of fun.

Please vote...thank you!

djkittn


quality posts: 8 Private Messages djkittn
Re: Juliet NES


I LOVED Dragon Warrior. I really love this one. I don't buy black shirts but I'd be tempted to do this. And the first thing I thought of was indeed, "But thou must!"

geekincarnadine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine
djkittn wrote:I LOVED Dragon Warrior. I really love this one. I don't buy black shirts but I'd be tempted to do this. And the first thing I thought of was indeed, "But thou must!"


It only happens a couple of times - when the princess asks if you love her and where you have to take her with you are the two I remember - but it sticks with you!

& Thanks, glad it tempted you!

Please vote...thank you!

sonofafish


quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
geekincarnadine wrote:It only happens a couple of times - when the princess asks if you love her and where you have to take her with you are the two I remember - but it sticks with you!

& Thanks, glad it tempted you!


I remember a talk at Pax called "But Thou Must." The topic was about choices in gaming (open world vs. linear story kind of thing).

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
sonofafish wrote:I remember a talk at Pax called "But Thou Must." The topic was about choices in gaming (open world vs. linear story kind of thing).


I think I remember seeing that board, but I didn't attend.

Speaking of, are you going to Pax Prime this year?


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

geekincarnadine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine
sonofafish wrote:I remember a talk at Pax called "But Thou Must." The topic was about choices in gaming (open world vs. linear story kind of thing).


I would have loved that panel. I suppose I want a mix of both in my games - it's interesting to play Skyrim and never advance the Dragonborn plotline for example - if you never go to the tower you never become Dragonborn, never get attacked by dragons, never start the civil war...

Please vote...thank you!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail