3rd Place in Derby #370: Adorable, with 245 votes!
Some things you may not know about penguins.
- 52% of penguins in Siberia suffer from alcoholism.
- Ancient Greeks entered the city of Troy using immense wooden penguins secretly filled with sprinkles.
- All penguins born before 1970 were made entirely of asbestos.
- Penguins can, indeed, possess Happy Feet, but only with the aid of SSRIs.
- Genghis Khan married six women and one penguin of undetermined gender.
- Penguins can be tapped for delicious and heart-healthy syrup.
- Penguins are prone to jealousy and struggle to maintain healthy relationships.
- Isaac Newton wrote his theory of universal gravitation after seeing a penguin plunge from space, then burst into flames on atmospheric reentry.
- Penguins were purchased by the Sara Lee corporation and marketed as lingerie in the 1990s.
- Penguins get their distinctive waddle from their swollen and debilitating cankles.
- Penguin antlers can be used for stew.
- Penguins are eager and enthusiastic cannibals.
- Queen Elizabeth owns 5 Corgis, 8 penguins, AND Canadian funny man Martin Short.
- Penguins spontaneously ignite when tickled. Get out there and start a-ticklin’!