Derby #33: Lyrics Illustrated
+537

Inspired by Devil Went Down...

Inspired by Devil Went Down...
add a comment

Comments

fightabunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fightabunny
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


Faith and Begorrah i love it

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


Inspired by The Devil Went Down to Georgia. It's the devil, his gold violin, and some souls he's collected.

Yes.

EDIT: Lawl... beat to the post on my own shirt. XD

Shigwarm


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


This is very cute! I like it.

abcdrum


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abcdrum

Awesome. GMV for sure.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


Good job Fable ;-)


Check out my blog:Here!

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

mordicat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mordicat
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


hilarious! gmv

Urban Painter, Random Shirt (x3), Stop Motion, Me-Too Birds Flee A Pander Tree, Plan B, Say No To Scurvy, Pockets of Spring, Why Can’t I Fly, Friend?, Swim, Little Nessie!, Lady out of water, Survival Tracking Guide, Do The Math, Anatomy Test, Cartons Of Death, Alice Painting Caterpillar, Full of Ink

2005vette


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...

Very cute, nice work fable. To add, please bring yellow back, I think you're the only one that can bring it back to popularity. GO yellow! the color, and of course - the people.

Amach06


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


Nice. I like yellow, don't see any problems with it.

Well there is always next year....

Beefcoat


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


Fable, how do you get such nice looking lines on your design? Looks great!

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Beefcoat wrote:Fable, how do you get such nice looking lines on your design? Looks great!


These lines were brought to you by a little gem called Open Canvas, and some TLC.

@ Cho - Thanks! Go yellow! ...and all parties involved... XD

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


fable is AMAZING.

jonomc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...

can I be in the band of demons?

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
jonomc wrote:can I be in the band of demons?


Sure, but you'll have to audition in hell first - or Atlanta.

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


oh no!!!! get back in the top four, hurry!!!!!

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


yaay!!! i hope it STAYS in the top four now.

suzyottomatic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


So flippin cute, love the color and the song. I usually prefer the styles of cho or jimiyo but I would so buy this. Thanks woot for expanding my world.

aaa6112


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaa6112
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


so sweet, cute n nice!! brilliant work, fable.
just love the way u've created magic with the colors.
all the best in the derby.

violinalto


quality posts: 0 Private Messages violinalto

Well, I'd be the worst orchestra teacher ever if I didn't buy one of these.

peppersagooddog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...



demonicly cute is back with a vengance!!
do want

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


What a face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) gmv


tabrazinski


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski

i love the flair with which he has his arms flung wide. amazing. and i definitely like yellow much better than cream. GMV for sure.

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
narkus wrote:What a face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) gmv

yes it is! I have it on my scurvy shirt!

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...



I really like this design. I think that there needs to be something about Georgia on the shirt though. Maybe resubmit with the devil placed in front of a large silhouette of georgia. Otherwise I don't think people will be as likely to get it without an explanation. What does everyone else think?

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
ctravers1085 wrote:I really like this design. I think that there needs to be something about Georgia on the shirt though. Maybe resubmit with the devil placed in front of a large silhouette of georgia. Otherwise I don't think people will be as likely to get it without an explanation. What does everyone else think?


Why do people have to get the concept? I think it works just fine as a cool drawing, no more meaning required.

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
geekfactor12 wrote:Why do people have to get the concept? I think it works just fine as a cool drawing, no more meaning required.


one of the things that makes "theme" shirts interesting is that people who see them can figure them out. The response that I think many of these shirts are going for are "wow what a clever design". I don't think that this shirt will get that response without Georgia. Not only that, the shirts are supposed to be a translation of lyrics, in this case "the devil went down to GEORGIA".

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ctravers1085 wrote:one of the things that makes "theme" shirts interesting is that people who see them can figure them out. The response that I think many of these shirts are going for are "wow what a clever design". I don't think that this shirt will get that response without Georgia. Not only that, the shirts are supposed to be a translation of lyrics, in this case "the devil went down to GEORGIA".


It's a devil with a fiddle. That should be enough for most people to get the reference. and for people who don't get the reference, it's a much more simplified idea, so they'll see a fiddle demon, instead of wonder what Georgia has to do with it.

chunk1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunk1085
AdderXYU wrote:It's a devil with a fiddle. That should be enough for most people to get the reference. and for people who don't get the reference, it's a much more simplified idea, so they'll see a fiddle demon, instead of wonder what Georgia has to do with it.


i dunno, i would much rather have a shirt that people recognized as the devil went down to georgia (or came back to georgia than a "fiddle demon". One of the things that makes this shirt cool is that it represents a great song, not just the design by itself. Don't pretend you would buy this shirt if it was not making a clear reference to the song. As it is now, while you may claim that you would have got it without the caption, I can gurantee you that most people won't. Devil + fiddle + georgia is better than demon + fiddle. Responses welcome.

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


I think that Georgia silhouetted is overkill. Do I have to spell everything out for people? No.

To me, this looks like the song feels.

karnacle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages karnacle

Unique color idea. Don't see a yellow shirt that often. You have my vote - I'm always trying to brighten my closet. Nice art too.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
chunk1085 wrote:i dunno, i would much rather have a shirt that people recognized as the devil went down to georgia (or came back to georgia than a "fiddle demon". One of the things that makes this shirt cool is that it represents a great song, not just the design by itself. Don't pretend you would buy this shirt if it was not making a clear reference to the song. As it is now, while you may claim that you would have got it without the caption, I can gurantee you that most people won't. Devil + fiddle + georgia is better than demon + fiddle. Responses welcome.


This derby is LYRICS ILLUSTRATED, not SONG TITLE ILLUSTRATED. Let's call these the lyrics that the shirt is based off of. They don't mention Georgia at all.

"Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the devil his due:
"I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
bluchez wrote:This derby is LYRICS ILLUSTRATED, not SONG TITLE ILLUSTRATED. Let's call these the lyrics that the shirt is based off of. They don't mention Georgia at all.

"Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the devil his due:
"I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."


Lyrics: "THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA, he was looking for a soul to steal. He was in a bind cause he was way behind and was lookin' ot make a deal. Then the devil came accross a young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot and the devil jumped up on a hickory stump and said 'boy let me tell you what'."

Nice try though. Responses welcome.

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
ctravers1085 wrote:Lyrics: "THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA, he was looking for a soul to steal. He was in a bind cause he was way behind and was lookin' ot make a deal. Then the devil came accross a young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot and the devil jumped up on a hickory stump and said 'boy let me tell you what'."

Nice try though. Responses welcome.


Aww... look. Someone demeaning someone else's opinion.

So an abstract piece wouldn't work for you either eh? If I did an abstract for this piece, and it didn't include an intelligible Georgia, Devil, gold fiddle, boy, hickory stump, and some souls, it wouldn't work for you.

Bummer.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ctravers1085 wrote:Lyrics: "THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA, he was looking for a soul to steal. He was in a bind cause he was way behind and was lookin' ot make a deal. Then the devil came accross a young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot and the devil jumped up on a hickory stump and said 'boy let me tell you what'."

Nice try though. Responses welcome.


How do you know this isn't georgia?

The point we're trying to make here is that with a georgia outline, it would only appeal more to people who can't think more abstractly (and a devil creature with a violin not implying the song, which is based on the devil playing violin, isn't even thinking very abstractly). It also makes the shirt wearable for people who DON'T know the song. I think that should be a big part of this derby... can I find the design appealing without knowing the song? We won't all succeed at it... I know a number of my ideas highly rely on song identification... but this doesn't lose its "Devil went down..." feel just because GA itself isn't highlighted

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
ctravers1085 wrote:Lyrics: "THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA, he was looking for a soul to steal. He was in a bind cause he was way behind and was lookin' ot make a deal. Then the devil came accross a young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot and the devil jumped up on a hickory stump and said 'boy let me tell you what'."

Nice try though. Responses welcome.


Thanks for your opinion, but I was trying to point out that the artist got to choose WHICH lyrics they made an image of. It is not supposed to, in most instances, capture the entire song, but their choice of lyrics.

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
AdderXYU wrote:How do you know this isn't georgia?

The point we're trying to make here is that with a georgia outline, it would only appeal more to people who can't think more abstractly (and a devil creature with a violin not implying the song, which is based on the devil playing violin, isn't even thinking very abstractly). It also makes the shirt wearable for people who DON'T know the song. I think that should be a big part of this derby... can I find the design appealing without knowing the song? We won't all succeed at it... I know a number of my ideas highly rely on song identification... but this doesn't lose its "Devil went down..." feel just because GA itself isn't highlighted


I'm going to just a little bit more to this. Not all entries are about the titles. This one has the devil fiddling, which is more about the story line then the exact local it took place.

For all you know, the devil went to the country of Georgia, or down to Georgia in the South Sandwich islands. The song doesn't say where Johnny is from.

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
mjc613 wrote:I'm going to just a little bit more to this. Not all entries are about the titles. This one has the devil fiddling, which is more about the story line then the exact local it took place.

For all you know, the devil went to the country of Georgia, or down to Georgia in the South Sandwich islands. The song doesn't say where Johnny is from.


Oman. This shirt totally could've used a sandwich.

Stuntdummy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


No wonder why Johnny wasn't afraid of the devil in the song--he's a little plush toy.

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Stuntdummy wrote:No wonder why Johnny wasn't afraid of the devil in the song--he's a little plush toy.


The devil's a bit like the rabbit with teeth like this.

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


made something for you!

i like your ghosts. very cute. well devil is too... heheh... but its weird to say, the devil is cute.

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
fablefire wrote:Aww... look. Someone demeaning someone else's opinion.

So an abstract piece wouldn't work for you either eh? If I did an abstract for this piece, and it didn't include an intelligible Georgia, Devil, gold fiddle, boy, hickory stump, and some souls, it wouldn't work for you.

Bummer.


nope. The shirt would suck and nobody would get it. Definately wouldn't make the fog if it didn't illustrate the song or the lyrics at all. Would have been a bummer if you had made it, so I think that we are all better off because you didn't.

EDIT: Sorry I was so harsh. I was a little drunk when I wrote this. I guess i am a fan of more literal shirts, both when I am sober and drunk

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
AdderXYU wrote:How do you know this isn't georgia?

The point we're trying to make here is that with a georgia outline, it would only appeal more to people who can't think more abstractly (and a devil creature with a violin not implying the song, which is based on the devil playing violin, isn't even thinking very abstractly). It also makes the shirt wearable for people who DON'T know the song. I think that should be a big part of this derby... can I find the design appealing without knowing the song? We won't all succeed at it... I know a number of my ideas highly rely on song identification... but this doesn't lose its "Devil went down..." feel just because GA itself isn't highlighted


I don't disagree that this design is good nor do I disagree that it makes sense. I do think that regardless of how clear or good this shirt is, the wearer will end up explaining it to a number of people. This is a good thing, it is a conversation piece. However, with Georgia in the picture, you can say here is the devil, here is Georgia, there is the golden fiddle, it is a "Devil went down to Georgia" shirt. The explanation works better because people will see it after you explain it, rather than just thinking "there's no way I could have gotten that".

Half the fun of all these shirts is trying to guess the song. The guessing works much better with the extra hint of Georgia in addition to the devil (which is yellow and miniature).

MHBoston


quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
ctravers1085 wrote:Half the fun of all these shirts is trying to guess the song.

This derby isn't doing much for me because I don't conjure visuals for songs as I listen to them, rather, I feel the emotions that lyrics evoke instead.

Therefore, the only shirts that appeal to me this week are the ones that are not so song lyric-specific. This shirt has a cute devil. With Georgia on it, it would look like I had a souvenir shirt.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ctravers1085 wrote:I don't disagree that this design is good nor do I disagree that it makes sense. I do think that regardless of how clear or good this shirt is, the wearer will end up explaining it to a number of people. This is a good thing, it is a conversation piece. However, with Georgia in the picture, you can say here is the devil, here is Georgia, there is the golden fiddle, it is a "Devil went down to Georgia" shirt. The explanation works better because people will see it after you explain it, rather than just thinking "there's no way I could have gotten that".

Half the fun of all these shirts is trying to guess the song. The guessing works much better with the extra hint of Georgia in addition to the devil (which is yellow and miniature).


See, when people ask me to explain my shirt, I normally make shillelagh up, because explaining your shirt is foolish. I vote aesthetically, and so long as it makes sense to me thusly, I don't care who else asks "duh, what?"

Also, it's fun to guess because we know this is a music theme. In 4 months, when you're walking around non-wooters in your lemon shirt, you will have more impact with a vaguer shirt that can be interpreted more widely than you will with something which spells things out for you.

But that's hopefully the last I'll say on the subject. Wooters love things being spelled out for them, so I guess I'm not surprised

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
AdderXYU wrote:See, when people ask me to explain my shirt, I normally make shillelagh up, because explaining your shirt is foolish. I vote aesthetically, and so long as it makes sense to me thusly, I don't care who else asks "duh, what?"

Also, it's fun to guess because we know this is a music theme. In 4 months, when you're walking around non-wooters in your lemon shirt, you will have more impact with a vaguer shirt that can be interpreted more widely than you will with something which spells things out for you.

But that's hopefully the last I'll say on the subject. Wooters love things being spelled out for them, so I guess I'm not surprised


Ok I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I personally like it when people look at a shirt and say something like, "Devil went down to Georgia, great song". I don't necessarily think you'll get that response with this. At best, you may get "is that a devil went down to Georgia shirt?". Georgia makes it less ambiguous. With the lime in the coconut shirt, I think that everyone will get it and think it is great without explanation. I think that is the point of this derby and a shirt that clearly spells out devil went down to georgia accomplishes this goal better. However, everybody has their own taste and some people like wierder, more abstract shirts. To each his own.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
ctravers1085 wrote:Ok I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I personally like it when people look at a shirt and say something like, "Devil went down to Georgia, great song". I don't necessarily think you'll get that response with this. At best, you may get "is that a devil went down to Georgia shirt?". Georgia makes it less ambiguous. With the lime in the coconut shirt, I think that everyone will get it and think it is great without explanation (and also think about reservoir dogs if they've seen the movie). I think that is the point of this derby and a shirt that clearly spells out devil went down to georgia accomplishes this goal better. However, everybody has their own taste and some people like wierder, more abstract shirts. To each his own.


It really bums me out that people are referring to one of the greatest movies of all time and a shirt that is so simple and cute. I've seen resevoir dogs several hundred times, probably, and a simple, cute design like this would never make me think of the movie, regardless of the fact that the song is played over the credits. Give me "Stuck in the Middle with You", and I'll think resevoir dogs. Sorry, but cute things don't make me think of a movie where someone's ear gets cut off. [/rant]

Please note that this post was to express my opinion and not based on some ill-conceived notion that my opinion will change the voter's minds (which seems to be what everyone thinks all posts are intended for.)

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

bluchez wrote:It really bums me out that people are referring to one of the greatest movies of all time and a shirt that is so simple and cute. I've seen resevoir dogs several hundred times, probably, and a simple, cute design like this would never make me think of the movie, regardless of the fact that the song is played over the credits. Give me "Stuck in the Middle with You", and I'll think resevoir dogs. Sorry, but cute things don't make me think of a movie where someone's ear gets cut off. [/rant]

Please note that this post was to express my opinion and not based on some ill-conceived notion that my opinion will change the voter's minds (which seems to be what everyone thinks all posts are intended for.)

I agree. I didn't think of Reservoir Dogs upon seeing the Lime/Coconut shirt (Sorry this is under your shirt, Fable).

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
bluchez wrote:It really bums me out that people are referring to one of the greatest movies of all time and a shirt that is so simple and cute. I've seen resevoir dogs several hundred times, probably, and a simple, cute design like this would never make me think of the movie, regardless of the fact that the song is played over the credits. Give me "Stuck in the Middle with You", and I'll think resevoir dogs. Sorry, but cute things don't make me think of a movie where someone's ear gets cut off. [/rant]

Please note that this post was to express my opinion and not based on some ill-conceived notion that my opinion will change the voter's minds (which seems to be what everyone thinks all posts are intended for.)


Woah there kiIIer. I think you need to find a reservoir dogs fan site forum or something. We should really be sticking to conversations about this shirt in this forum.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ctravers1085 wrote:Woah there kiIIer. I think you need to find a reservoir dogs fan site forum or something. We should really be sticking to conversations about this shirt in this forum.


Still a good point. If people are voting for the lime/coconut shirt based on Reservoir Dogs, it's not a good example of lyrics illustrated. It's a good example of film reference exploited. Take that crap to Snorg.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
ctravers1085 wrote:Woah there kiIIer. I think you need to find a reservoir dogs fan site forum or something. We should really be sticking to conversations about this shirt in this forum.


Um, it was a response to posts about a shirt. I wasn't even close to the one who brought the movie into it, and was simply stating the movie shouldn't have been brought into it. How am I the one being off topic?

(I mean, with the obvious exception that this freaky forum system causes all the different individual shirt threads to miraculously intermingle. And I wasn't the initial cause of that, either, I believe it was, hmmm, you?)

Edit: I understand now why you jumped on me. I'm sorry for not saying "I just don't think of Devil Went Down to Georgia without a picture of Georgia. I mean, I know that if anyone actually liked the song, they would immediately recognize a devil with a golden fiddle. And, I know that would immediately click in their head to think about the ONLY song with a golden fiddle and a devil in it that I can recall. But I just need the shirt to have Georgia on it, so everyone gets the shirt (not just the people that actually know the content of the song, heaven forbid). I have no intention to be in the company of people of average intelligence, so I really need shirts that spell everything out. Thats why I throw my full support behind this shirt, because I hang around with high school drop outs and even they can get it."[/sarcasm]

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
bluchez wrote:This derby is LYRICS ILLUSTRATED, not SONG TITLE ILLUSTRATED. Let's call these the lyrics that the shirt is based off of. They don't mention Georgia at all.

"Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the devil his due:
"I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."


bluchez wrote:Um, it was a response to posts about a shirt. I wasn't even close to the one who brought the movie into it, and was simply stating the movie shouldn't have been brought into it. How am I the one being off topic?

(I mean, with the obvious exception that this freaky forum system causes all the different individual shirt threads to miraculously intermingle. And I wasn't the initial cause of that, either, I believe it was, hmmm, you?)

Edit: I understand now why you jumped on me. I'm sorry for not saying "I just don't think of Devil Went Down to Georgia without a picture of Georgia. I mean, I know that if anyone actually liked the song, they would immediately recognize a devil with a golden fiddle. And, I know that would immediately click in their head to think about the ONLY song with a golden fiddle and a devil in it that I can recall. But I just need the shirt to have Georgia on it, so everyone gets the shirt (not just the people that actually know the content of the song, heaven forbid). I have no intention to be in the company of people of average intelligence, so I really need shirts that spell everything out. Thats why I throw my full support behind this shirt, because I hang around with high school drop outs and even they can get it."[/sarcasm]


1. It seems that you are the one that doesn't even know the song lyrics. Georgia is mentioned in the first line. But I am sure that you are a diehard fan.

2. I was merely stating that I would like the design better if Georgia were in the background and it would have a wider appeal. Not that I "didn't get it" or that I hang out with "high school dropouts" (as you so delicately put it).

3. It has been my experience that those who claim to be more intelligent than others while posting to anonymous forums are the exact opposite. Nothing that you have posted has made you look like a genius. Especially your last post.

PS- please do not post your GED scores to this forum to prove how intelligent you really are. I believe you.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
ctravers1085 wrote:1. It seems that you are the one that doesn't even know the song lyrics. Georgia is mentioned in the first line. But I am sure that you are a diehard fan.

2. I was merely stating that I would like the design better if Georgia were in the background and it would have a wider appeal. Not that I "didn't get it" or that I hang out with "high school dropouts" (as you so delicately put it).

3. It has been my experience that those who claim to be more intelligent than others while posting to anonymous forums are the exact opposite. Nothing that you have posted has made you look like a genius. Especially your last post.

PS- please do not post your GED scores to this forum to prove how intelligent you really are. I believe you.


that made me that wuz teh funneh. thanks, and good day.

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
bluchez wrote:that made me that wuz teh funneh. thanks, and good day.


huh? Case and point.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
ctravers1085 wrote:huh? Case and point.

Sorry, I didn't feel like I had to rehash the same argument that I answered above (between the two posts that you quoted), indicating that I know the words to the song, but the artist is at liberty to illustrate a portion of the lyrics. For more information, please see the derby theme:

Derby #33: Lyrics Illustrated wrote:Most of us have some favorite lyrical snippet that we've slapped all over our high school yearbooks and MySpace pages. Now it's time to slap it on your chest, in graphic form. Illustrate a choice line, or verse, or more. (...)
(...) Also, make sure you tell us in the entry discussion thread specifically what lyrics you're talking about.
(...)


Now, if that doesn't spell out specifically that you were to illustrate a favorite snippet or line and not necessarily the whole song (or more), I don't know what other justification I can provide.

This illustration is 100% as the theme intended, and will be easily recognizable as a devil with a golden fiddle, and that's enough for me to immediately think of a great song by Charlie Daniels. If it isn't for you, feel free to continue the argument on your own.

(And no, goading me into discussing my education does not usually work, but thank you for trying.)

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
bluchez wrote:Now, if that doesn't spell out specifically that you were to illustrate a favorite snippet or line and not necessarily the whole song (or more), I don't know what other justification I can provide.

This illustration is 100% as the theme intended, and will be easily recognizable as a devil with a golden fiddle, and that's enough for me to immediately think of a great song by Charlie Daniels. If it isn't for you, feel free to continue the argument on your own.

(And no, goading me into discussing my education does not usually work, but thank you for trying.)


Damn...i was waiting for his smackdown by posting his SAT scores.

afb264


quality posts: 0 Private Messages afb264
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


Personally, I think the design speaks for itself. I love the colors, the concept, everything. No offense to the great state of Georgia, but I'd rather not have it on a shirt I'm wearing. Too touristy.

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
bluchez wrote:Sorry, I didn't feel like I had to rehash the same argument that I answered above


No i understand. I also respond with giberish when I don't want to recap.

But seriously. I don't understand why you are having such a hard time with my opinion. You have made it clear that you do not like Georgia, high school drop-outs, and probably small children and puppies... and I accept that.

But again, if you missed my previous post, I agree that this t-shirt makes sense and fulfills all requirements. I merely stated that I would like to see Georgia and that I think that it would make the shirt clearer in general. It surely would not make it any less clear. You may return to hating small children, puppies, America, and freedom. I'm done if you're done.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ctravers1085 wrote:No i understand. I also respond with giberish when I don't want to recap.

But seriously. I don't understand why you are having such a hard time with my opinion. You have made it clear that you do not like Georgia, high school drop-outs, and probably small children and puppies... and I accept that.

But again, if you missed my previous post, I agree that this t-shirt makes sense and fulfills all requirements. I merely stated that I would like to see Georgia and that I think that it would make the shirt clearer in general. It surely would not make it any less clear. You may return to hating small children, puppies, America, and freedom. I'm done if you're done.


You're right. It would make the shirt clearer in general. And I can't invalidate that you like it. But here's the thing:

If I drew a skull on a shirt, let's say, it may appeal to many people. But the second I put a band name over it (lets say it's a metallica shirt or something) it will lose appeal. only those skull lovers who love that band will buy it.

Similarly, while it won't make it less clear to put Georgia on the shirt, it would be an unnecessary design element. Anyone familiar with the song knows the premise. Devil wants soul, has fiddle, loses fiddle contest. they could grasp the concept of the shirt easily. However, people who don't know or like the song could like this shirt, because it's vague enough that, while it evokes the song, it's more than that. Once the state comes onto the shirt, it's ONLY a song shirt. Which means instead of an interesting shirt based on a song, it's a shirt that tells the world you like a song. There is no necessity to this addition. Why would it look better? Why would it be more wearable? Why do you need your shirt to shout "devil went down to GA," instead of subtly implying it?

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
superspryte wrote:I agree. I didn't think of Reservoir Dogs upon seeing the Lime/Coconut shirt (Sorry this is under your shirt, Fable).


Oh well.

I'm going to jump on the hating little children and puppies wagon. Little children suck. Puppy sandwiches are way better than just puppies.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
ctravers1085 wrote:You may return to hating small children, puppies, America, and freedom.


That's all I've evern asked.

Don't worry, posts like this really show off your broad education, and I am humbled by your super smarteredness.

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
AdderXYU wrote:You're right. It would make the shirt clearer in general. And I can't invalidate that you like it. But here's the thing:

If I drew a skull on a shirt, let's say, it may appeal to many people. But the second I put a band name over it (lets say it's a metallica shirt or something) it will lose appeal. only those skull lovers who love that band will buy it.

Similarly, while it won't make it less clear to put Georgia on the shirt, it would be an unnecessary design element. Anyone familiar with the song knows the premise. Devil wants soul, has fiddle, loses fiddle contest. they could grasp the concept of the shirt easily. However, people who don't know or like the song could like this shirt, because it's vague enough that, while it evokes the song, it's more than that. Once the state comes onto the shirt, it's ONLY a song shirt. Which means instead of an interesting shirt based on a song, it's a shirt that tells the world you like a song. There is no necessity to this addition. Why would it look better? Why would it be more wearable? Why do you need your shirt to shout "devil went down to GA," instead of subtly implying it?


Dear Addey,
I do not think that it is possible to make an effective argument that a certain design element is "unnecessary" when it is not included. I could make the argument that a Georgia background would act to highlight the devil and his fiddle. As it is now, the shirt features a yellow devil with a yellow fiddle on a yellow background. But again, this argument is flawed in that it can not be evaluated.
Also, adding Georgia to this shirt is not equivalent to stamping it with text. Similarly, it is useless to argue that it could cause the loss of support as I could claim that it would draw support from Georgia residents and fans of Kim Bassenger, Ray Charles, and Dakota Fanning. Again, unable to evaluate either statement.

And to Fablefire,
I have completed my in depth study of what people thought about adding Georgia to your design. Remarkably, support of this addition has been close to 100% so it is my recommendation that you alter your design and resubmit as soon as possible. Also, I didn't understand fully, but I think AdderXYU wants you to change your design to a skull that says METALLICA. I don't agree with this but he was pretty adamant about bringing scull fans and Metallica fans together. Bluchez liked this idea too but wanted to add something about his SAT scores.

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


This totally rocks. <3

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
ctravers1085 wrote:And to Fablefire,
I have completed my in depth study of what people thought about adding Georgia to your design. Remarkably, support of this addition has been close to 100% so it is my recommendation that you alter your design and resubmit as soon as possible. Also, I didn't understand fully, but I think AdderXYU wants you to change your design to a skull that says METALLICA. I don't agree with this but he was pretty adamant about bringing scull fans and Metallica fans together. Bluchez liked this idea too but wanted to add something about his SAT scores.


Dear ctravers,

Thank you for your continued efforts in market research. I will take that into consideration for my next Georgia related design. My local Oregon demographic would sooner wear just about anything else than a silhouette of our hippie state on our chest, but I shall try to appeal to the Georgian crowd in the future. In addition, I shall also add skulls that say METALLICA (I agree that there needs to be more love between skull fans and the band - the feud needs to stop), Bluchez's SAT scores, and imagery that supports hate for small children, puppies, America, and freedom. I shall also add a ninja monkey on a pirate cupcake, just in case we missed a demographic.

As always, your support is appreciated.

Sincerely,

FF

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ctravers1085 wrote:Dear Addey,
I do not think that it is possible to make an effective argument that a certain design element is "unnecessary" when it is not included. I could make the argument that a Georgia background would act to highlight the devil and his fiddle. As it is now, the shirt features a yellow devil with a yellow fiddle on a yellow background. But again, this argument is flawed in that it can not be evaluated.
Also, adding Georgia to this shirt is not equivalent to stamping it with text. Similarly, it is useless to argue that it could cause the loss of support as I could claim that it would draw support from Georgia residents and fans of Kim Bassenger, Ray Charles, and Dakota Fanning. Again, unable to evaluate either statement.


Ray Charles is dead and would probably never wear this on a shirt if he wasn't.

So you're saying that the addition of Georgia would make Georgia desire it, even if they didn't before?

There's nothing to argue about here. The more specific a design gets, the smaller its fanbase is. Which isn't to say more detail or content is worse, but is to say that the more you add, the more chance someone will be turned off by it. There was a skull shirt on the site a while back where people were so excited for the skulls, and then realized O NO THERE ARE GUNZ!!!! There have been many shirts on the site where people have manufactured fear-mongering reasons why the design was unamerican. Would Georgia meet this fate? Who knows. However, it's undeniable that what we have here is a design inspired by a song and its lyrics. That's all the theme required. The designer went for something which is more subtle about the thematic elements. You want something that screams that theme every time you wear it. That's fine and good, but to think subtle doesn't appeal to a wider base of people, or that making this concept more specific would somehow bring a whole bunch of people out of the woodwork who didn't get it before, or were offended that their great state wasn't etched into the art, means that you know nothing of what you're talking about. The fact that you're the only person arguing your side would imply the same.

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
fablefire wrote:Dear ctravers,

Thank you for your continued efforts in market research. I will take that into consideration for my next Georgia related design. My local Oregon demographic would sooner wear just about anything else than a silhouette of our hippie state on our chest, but I shall try to appeal to the Georgian crowd in the future. In addition, I shall also add skulls that say METALLICA (I agree that there needs to be more love between skull fans and the band - the feud needs to stop), Bluchez's SAT scores, and imagery that supports hate for small children, puppies, America, and freedom. I shall also add a ninja monkey on a pirate cupcake, just in case we missed a demographic.

As always, your support is appreciated.

Sincerely,

FF


You are a funny guy Fablefire. I didn't even realize that you did "Say no to Scurvy". That is one of the first woot shirts that I bought and my favorite to date Sorry that my recommendation has taken over the forum but I am happy that you have finally taken the advice of Bluchez, AdderXYU and myself. Keep the cool designs coming and I will keep up the PR and market research.

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
AdderXYU wrote:Ray Charles is dead and would probably never wear this on a shirt if he wasn't.

So you're saying that the addition of Georgia would make Georgia desire it, even if they didn't before?

There's nothing to argue about here. The more specific a design gets, the smaller its fanbase is. Which isn't to say more detail or content is worse, but is to say that the more you add, the more chance someone will be turned off by it. There was a skull shirt on the site a while back where people were so excited for the skulls, and then realized O NO THERE ARE GUNZ!!!! There have been many shirts on the site where people have manufactured fear-mongering reasons why the design was unamerican. Would Georgia meet this fate? Who knows. However, it's undeniable that what we have here is a design inspired by a song and its lyrics. That's all the theme required. The designer went for something which is more subtle about the thematic elements. You want something that screams that theme every time you wear it. That's fine and good, but to think subtle doesn't appeal to a wider base of people, or that making this concept more specific would somehow bring a whole bunch of people out of the woodwork who didn't get it before, or were offended that their great state wasn't etched into the art, means that you know nothing of what you're talking about. The fact that you're the only person arguing your side would imply the same.


You must have missed my market research, but almost 100% of people agreed with me that Georgia should be added. My mom liked the idea too.

And you are right. A very strong argument that I know nothing of what I am talking about. But please watch the ranting, run-on sentences, it makes you look like a sloppy writer.

And lastly, no need to keep talking about skulls. I mentioned the idea to Fablefire and he loved it. He is going to add the design right next to bluchez SAT scores. I don't know how he will feel about GUNZ though. I'll put in a good word.

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
ctravers1085 wrote:You must have missed my market research, but almost 100% of people agreed with me that Georgia should be added. My mom liked the idea too.

And you are right. A very strong argument that I know nothing of what I am talking about. But please watch the ranting, run-on sentences, it makes you look like a sloppy writer.

And lastly, no need to keep talking about skulls. I mentioned the idea to Fablefire and he loved it. He is going to add the design right next to bluchez SAT scores. I don't know how he will feel about GUNZ though. I'll put in a good word.


Oh I love GUNZ, and will promptly add them to the list. Your mom counts for two votes - moms always do.

And I shall also start sentences with conjunctions. It's stylish.

ctravers1085


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
fablefire wrote:Oh I love GUNZ, and will promptly add them to the list. Your mom counts for two votes - moms always do.

And I shall also start sentences with conjunctions. It's stylish.


"There is a persistent belief that it is improper to begin a sentence with And, but this prohibition has been cheerfully ignored by standard authors from Anglo-Saxon times onwards. An initial And is a useful aid to writers as the narrative continues." The same is true about the conjunction but.
from The New Fowler's Modern English Usage
edited by R.W. Burchfield. Clarendon Press: Oxford, England. 1996.
Used with the permission of Oxford University Press.


Apparently its all the rage so conjunction function away my friend.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ctravers1085 wrote:Dear Addey,
I do not think that it is possible to make an effective argument that a certain design element is "unnecessary" when it is not included. I could make the argument that a Georgia background would act to highlight the devil and his fiddle. As it is now, the shirt features a yellow devil with a yellow fiddle on a yellow background. But again, this argument is flawed in that it can not be evaluated.
Also, adding Georgia to this shirt is not equivalent to stamping it with text. Similarly, it is useless to argue that it could cause the loss of support as I could claim that it would draw support from Georgia residents and fans of Kim Bassenger, Ray Charles, and Dakota Fanning. Again, unable to evaluate either statement.

And to Fablefire,
I have completed my in depth study of what people thought about adding Georgia to your design. Remarkably, support of this addition has been close to 100% so it is my recommendation that you alter your design and resubmit as soon as possible. Also, I didn't understand fully, but I think AdderXYU wants you to change your design to a skull that says METALLICA. I don't agree with this but he was pretty adamant about bringing scull fans and Metallica fans together. Bluchez liked this idea too but wanted to add something about his SAT scores.

Resubmitting now would be a death wish. I wouldn't recommend it, and I have a feeling Fable agrees because it hasn't been resubbed.

EDIT - Yep.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

bryozoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
AdderXYU wrote:The fact that you're the only person arguing your side would imply the same.


Adder: While this debate means nothing to me, I would note that most people seem to have stopped trying to argue with you. You seem to now revel in starting/continuing some long winded argument in every derby.

Most have stopped making the mistake of responding. (Yes, the irony of that statement is not lost on me.. *sigh*)

--

Fablefire: even if just for your recent awesome reply, you get a vote from me.

bigscarypanda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigscarypanda
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


wait, i'm not getting "georgia" from this design at all... shouldn't the state be shown on the shirt somewhere? i must see it, for i cannot imagine it.

ahem, oh sorry. let me just affix this sarcasm tag and i'll be on my way.

so... are people going to vote this back into the fog or what? it's one of those in the derby that i would buy in a second. COME ON!

greyhound989


quality posts: 1 Private Messages greyhound989
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


I love this design. The devil's little fangs make me smile. I hope it gets printed.

wettoad


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wettoad
ctravers1085 wrote:"There is a persistent belief that it is improper to begin a sentence with And, but this prohibition has been cheerfully ignored by standard authors from Anglo-Saxon times onwards. An initial And is a useful aid to writers as the narrative continues." The same is true about the conjunction but.
from The New Fowler's Modern English Usage
edited by R.W. Burchfield. Clarendon Press: Oxford, England. 1996.
Used with the permission of Oxford University Press.


Apparently its all the rage so conjunction function away my friend.

were you writing narrative? i thought you were just spewing shillelagh.

This shirt rocks! Back to the fog!!!!!!!!! I want

jtbradford


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbradford
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


Honestly I think way too many of these shirts are trying too hard to represent all of the lyrics. I really can't see any way that putting an image of Georgia would improve this design. That being said, this totally has my vote... love your style fable, Scurvy was the first shirt here that I actually liked enough to buy. Hope it places!

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


oh crap, no! get back up there!

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


i would like to say that if this shirt had Georgia in the background, i'm not too sure i would buy it. the song doesn't totally revolve around the idea that he is in Georgia, it's just the state they used. the idea gets across in the picture so long as you know the song, and i think it is just about perfect. in addition, georgia kind of looks like the torso of a pregnant lady, and i find that awkward. i don't think the picture is meant to be a totally specific, representative design, it's just a devil and a fiddle with some spirits. sort of random. if fable added in the state, it is my opinion that it would look too specific and just sort of thrown together as a bunch of things from the song. i think it would look silly with Georgia in the background. it is perfect the way it is. one shouldn't question fable's genius.

by the way, i'm not trying to argue with anyone, and most likely won't reply to comments you post back, but feel free to anyways. i'm just getting my opinion out there. and i'm sorry, but i'm not very good with that kind of thing [letting people know what i'm trying to say, that is. i'm just not very good with wording.]

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
jtbradford wrote:Honestly I think way too many of these shirts are trying too hard to represent all of the lyrics. I really can't see any way that putting an image of Georgia would improve this design.


i just read this comment [after posting what i did]. that is what i was trying to say with the "specificness" and the "thrown togetherness". that it would be too much of trying to represent all of the lyrics. or something very close to that. [told you i was not good at wording!]

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
fablefire wrote:Dear ctravers,

Thank you for your continued efforts in market research. I will take that into consideration for my next Georgia related design. My local Oregon demographic would sooner wear just about anything else than a silhouette of our hippie state on our chest, but I shall try to appeal to the Georgian crowd in the future. In addition, I shall also add skulls that say METALLICA (I agree that there needs to be more love between skull fans and the band - the feud needs to stop), Bluchez's SAT scores, and imagery that supports hate for small children, puppies, America, and freedom. I shall also add a ninja monkey on a pirate cupcake, just in case we missed a demographic.

As always, your support is appreciated.

Sincerely,

FF


XD fable, i love you. would you mind if I put that thing that is in your sig which says that "fable rocks my world" into my sig? you're pretty awesome.

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru

oh, yeah, and just one more thing. [sorry about all the lots of posts in a row.] BACK IN THE FOG!!!! yeah!

'kay. i'm done.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sigaru wrote:i would like to say that if this shirt had Georgia in the background, i'm not too sure i would buy it. the song doesn't totally revolve around the idea that he is in Georgia, it's just the state they used. the idea gets across in the picture so long as you know the song, and i think it is just about perfect. in addition, georgia kind of looks like the torso of a pregnant lady, and i find that awkward. i don't think the picture is meant to be a totally specific, representative design, it's just a devil and a fiddle with some spirits. sort of random. if fable added in the state, it is my opinion that it would look too specific and just sort of thrown together as a bunch of things from the song. i think it would look silly with Georgia in the background. it is perfect the way it is. one shouldn't question fable's genius.

by the way, i'm not trying to argue with anyone, and most likely won't reply to comments you post back, but feel free to anyways. i'm just getting my opinion out there. and i'm sorry, but i'm not very good with that kind of thing [letting people know what i'm trying to say, that is. i'm just not very good with wording.]


The import of "Georgia" is fully stylistic. It wouldn't make sense for the devil to go to boston and fiddle. As such, however, "Devil Went Down to 'Bama", "Devil Went down to Nebraska", whatever... anywhere where bluegrass and country have a strong foothold would have made equal sense, because that's not the story. The story is a good ol' country boy beats the devil at fiddlin'. I don't even think Georgia's mentioned again after the first line.

(that is to say, I agree with you)

nycanuck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


Not only does this shirt not show Georgia, but the lyrics state that the "Devil went DOWN to Georgia". He is clearly moving UP in this picture...

Also - he was looking for a soul to STEAL! This picture shows plenty of souls right there for the taking!

Man -o- man

All shirts from now on should be Rebuses (Rebii?) in order to allow for literal translation.

EDIT: What the Heck - GMV

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru

also, we [and when i say "we" i mean "those people who are not satisfied with how un-specific this design is"] seem to be forgetting that the titles to all of these shirts are "inspired by [insert song title here]", not "directly taken from [insert song title here]". the design doesn't have to be exactly what the song says. this is what the song inspired fable to make. i don't see anyone complaining how the "rock lobster" design has a lobster playing rock, when in the song they don't say ANYTHING about a lobster playing rock, it is a rock lobster as in THE SPECIES OF LOBSTER [yes, there IS such a thing as a rock lobster]. just wanted to put that out there.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sigaru wrote:also, we [and when i say "we" i mean "those people who are not satisfied with how un-specific this design is"] seem to be forgetting that the titles to all of these shirts are "inspired by [insert song title here]", not "directly taken from [insert song title here]". the design doesn't have to be exactly what the song says. this is what the song inspired fable to make. i don't see anyone complaining how the "rock lobster" design has a lobster playing rock, when in the song they don't say ANYTHING about a lobster playing rock, it is a rock lobster as in THE SPECIES OF LOBSTER [yes, there IS such a thing as a rock lobster]. just wanted to put that out there.

Great, now you've done it. Now jimiyo's thread is going to get hijacked too. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

sailstud25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
nycanuck wrote:Not only does this shirt not show Georgia, but the lyrics state that the "Devil went DOWN to Georgia". He is clearly moving UP in this picture...

Also - he was looking for a soul to STEAL! This picture shows plenty of souls right there for the taking!

Man -o- man


Wait, where's the stump he jumped UP on? For that matter, where are the boys running from the fire on the mountain, the chicken in the bread pan, and granny and her dog??? Oh, wait, that's from lyrics THAT WEREN'T USED FOR THE INSPIRATION. Sorry, my bad.

People!! This design is brilliant!
Great inspired imagery, fable.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
sigaru wrote:XD fable, i love you. would you mind if I put that thing that is in your sig which says that "fable rocks my world" into my sig? you're pretty awesome.


Aww... Go for it. Share The Rock with the world!

@ everyone else - Thanks guys. <3

Also... don't forget to vote for the shirt inspired by Pirate Cupcake, Son.

tabrazinski


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski

oh, hey... not gibberish at all. sometimes the woot filter just makes people sound insane. mildly amusing sometimes.

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
violinalto wrote:Well, I'd be the worst orchestra teacher ever if I didn't buy one of these.


What level do you teach?

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


I love it fable! I'm pretty sure I'll buy it when it prints (and if it does, this will be the 2nd yellow shirt I've purchased)

easeandgrace


quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


I love this song. It reminds me of the only Charlie Daniels Band concert I ever attended. When my ride to the concert showed up early, I was so excited I left food cooking on the stove and was gone for five hours and burned the house down. Nevertheless, you do have my vote.

violinalto


quality posts: 0 Private Messages violinalto
2thFairy wrote:What level do you teach?


Middle School - they'll totally go crazy over this shirt!

tabrazinski


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
easeandgrace wrote:I love this song. It reminds me of the only Charlie Daniels Band concert I ever attended. When my ride to the concert showed up early, I was so excited I left food cooking on the stove and was gone for five hours and burned the house down. Nevertheless, you do have my vote.


burned the entire house down? or charred the food to the bottom of the pan/pot you were using? if actually burnt the house down, then that's actually really scary.

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
violinalto wrote:Middle School - they'll totally go crazy over this shirt!


me too (jr. high) 8th and 9th graders. they get a kick out of my shirts, but the cake is a liar seems to be the fav : )


2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
violinalto wrote:Middle School - they'll totally go crazy over this shirt!


Great age to teach orchestra.. my favorite.

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
narkus wrote:me too (jr. high) 8th and 9th graders. they get a kick out of my shirts, but the cake is a liar seems to be the fav : )


Do you teach music as well?

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru

oh crap. i wish this would stop getting bumped out of the fog. it's the best design here. [much better than the "bunny foofoo" at least.]

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


oh good, it's back in the fog. and voting's over! yay! [now let's just hope it wins!]

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
2thFairy wrote:Do you teach music as well?


no : ) I teach English. My kids aren't as excited as the music students, I'm afraid!


kazzmonkey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazzmonkey
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


I wouldn't buy it if it had Georgia on it, and this is my favorite entry.

renebee73


quality posts: 3 Private Messages renebee73

Little devil with a fiddle: It's pretty clear just as it is! Fun design! Good luck!

dselig


quality posts: 12 Private Messages dselig
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...


fable, you should make shirts
i love all of the ones i've seen
i bought the zelda one (late [for some reason i missed it the first go around]), and i'm going to buy this one most def!

i have no clue what to write here anymore....

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail