Derby #34: Canada
+495

Lake Ontario Sunset

Lake Ontario Sunset
add a comment

Comments

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


I hope everyone likes this one... It kind of has a personal meaning and I'm not sure it'll resonate with everyone. Back when I was a kid my family and I would occasioanlly head up to Canada to visit my mother's relatives. We would usually go in the early fall when the leaves were all turning and the loons and Canadian gese were all in flight... headed south I guess. My mom's not with us anymore but I still remember the way she loved the changing colors of the leaves and the sight of those birds in flight. I wanted to pay homage to that with this shirt; I call it Lake Ontario Sunset. Please let me know if you like it. Thanks!

carina83


quality posts: 0 Private Messages carina83
daedalusknight wrote:I hope everyone likes this one... It kind of has a personal meaning and I'm not sure it'll resonate with everyone. Back when I was a kid my family and I would occasioanlly head up to Canada to visit my mother's relatives. We would usually go in the early fall when the leaves were all turning and the loons and Canadian gese were all in flight... headed south I guess. My mom's not with us anymore but I still remember the way she loved the changing colors of the leaves and the sight of those birds in flight. I wanted to pay homage to that with this shirt; I call it Lake Ontario Sunset. Please let me know if you like it. Thanks!


wow, very beautiful. I also like to see the changing of the leaves. I am not sure about the black sure, but you got my vote.



daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
carina83 wrote:wow, very beautiful. I also like to see the changing of the leaves. I am not sure about the black sure, but you got my vote.


It's funny... this started as a brown shirt, not black. The leaves that are now brown were navy in color. I couldn't get it to really look like a unified leaf, though, so I changed the leaves at the bottom to brown and then I changed the shirt to navy.

That made the "big leaf" look fine but now the shirt wasn't as warm and also the birds weren't standing out so much... so I tried again with black. That seemed to be the best color combination. I kinda wish Woot had more shirt colors, though, as a warm, dark grey would be perfect (their grey's cool and lighter).

Anyway... thanks so much for the vote. Here's hoping it gets made. :-)

Shigwarm


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


I really like the color combo.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Shigwarm wrote:I really like the color combo.


Thank you. I love your shirt too. :-)

longhorn22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages longhorn22
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Love the shirt! Finally a good derby entry that is near the top!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
longhorn22 wrote:Love the shirt! Finally a good derby entry that is near the top!


Thanks so much! I'm so happy that my shirt's in sixth place... that's the highest I've ever charted. I have no idea if it has what it takes to make it to the fog (or, dare I hope it, to printing) but I am really happy to see so many people choosing it. Thanks again!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Wow! I made it to the fog! My first time. Thanks so much to everyone who voted... now I hope it can stay there. :-)

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Beautiful, and perfect on black. What really does it for me with this one is the color of the geese in contrast to the leaves. I can tell you worked hard on this one and it definitely shows!

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


I agree -- really beautiful, and thanks for sharing the inspiration. I really appreciate something with intention and meaning. GMV, and good luck!

easeandgrace


quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
daedalusknight wrote:I hope everyone likes this one... It kind of has a personal meaning and I'm not sure it'll resonate with everyone. Back when I was a kid my family and I would occasioanlly head up to Canada to visit my mother's relatives. We would usually go in the early fall when the leaves were all turning and the loons and Canadian gese were all in flight... headed south I guess. My mom's not with us anymore but I still remember the way she loved the changing colors of the leaves and the sight of those birds in flight. I wanted to pay homage to that with this shirt; I call it Lake Ontario Sunset. Please let me know if you like it. Thanks!


This is a very beautiful shirt. Your story makes it more so.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
artulo wrote:Beautiful, and perfect on black. What really does it for me with this one is the color of the geese in contrast to the leaves. I can tell you worked hard on this one and it definitely shows!


Heheh... yeah... I stayed up until six am working on it. I'm glad you apprecate it. Thanks.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
ansharp wrote:I agree -- really beautiful, and thanks for sharing the inspiration. I really appreciate something with intention and meaning. GMV, and good luck!


Thanks so much. :-)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
easeandgrace wrote:This is a very beautiful shirt. Your story makes it more so.


Why thank you. I'm really happy to see this shirt connecting with so many people. I realize there's a long week of voting ahead of us, but seeing all the love here makes me feel like I've accomplished something with my art.

dhouse87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87
daedalusknight wrote:Why thank you. I'm really happy to see this shirt connecting with so many people. I realize there's a long week of voting ahead of us, but seeing all the love here makes me feel like I've accomplished something with my art.


Faith and Begorrah beautiful. best in the derby!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
dhouse87 wrote:Faith and Begorrah beautiful. best in the derby!


Glad you like it so much. Happy St. Patrick's Day. :-)

ChronoSquall14


quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Strikingly beautiful. The sunset in the leaves (within the leaf) alone is worth the price of admission.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
ChronoSquall14 wrote:Strikingly beautiful. The sunset in the leaves (within the leaf) alone is worth the price of admission.


Thanks. I had to recolor like three or four times before I was happy with it. :-)

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

These colors are just awesome against the Black shirt. I love it.
-Andy



renebee73


quality posts: 3 Private Messages renebee73

Marvelous! Good luck!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Andy47240 wrote:These colors are just awesome against the Black shirt. I love it.
-Andy


Thanks so much.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
renebee73 wrote:Marvelous! Good luck!


Glad you like it. Thanks. :-)

schizoreaper


quality posts: 1 Private Messages schizoreaper
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Not much a fan of the color scheme. I understand the leaf being sunset colors (although I can't imagine why you would want to make the water brown). The blue certainly doesn't sit well with me.
Also, are the geese flying North intentionally?

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
schizoreaper wrote:Not much a fan of the color scheme. I understand the leaf being sunset colors (although I can't imagine why you would want to make the water brown). The blue certainly doesn't sit well with me.
Also, are the geese flying North intentionally?


I actually tried it with a blue base first, but the large leaf didn't look like it was a single unit like that. So I decided to go with brown instead... it now looks more like sunset on the land than over the water, I'll admit. You can stand on the Western shore of Lake Ontario and see the sunset over the land. :-)

As for the direction of the birds, I'll plead creative license on that one. It looks better, in my eyes... more "forward moving." If we, as a culture read from right-to-left, I'm sure it would be the other way around.

Feel free to interpret the shirt however you like, though. If it's a sunrise over Toronto for you then that's what you can imagine it as. :-)

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Joel likes sunsets, and long walks on the beach.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
geekfactor12 wrote:Joel likes sunsets, and long walks on the beach.



Heheheheh... this is great. I agree with Jimiyo... we should be using Joel shirt templates. :-)

crazylikecatfish


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazylikecatfish
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Amazing, love the colors, the birds, the leaves, and I love how there's meaning behind it as well.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
crazylikecatfish wrote:Amazing, love the colors, the birds, the leaves, and I love how there's meaning behind it as well.


Thanks so much.

easeandgrace


quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


C'mon, Lake Ontario Sunset. Stay in the fog, stay in the fog... waving my magic wand, doing my best sorcerer's apprentice imitation. Stay in the fog... stay in the fog...

Obviously, I want this shirt.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
easeandgrace wrote:C'mon, Lake Ontario Sunset. Stay in the fog, stay in the fog... waving my magic wand, doing my best sorcerer's apprentice imitation. Stay in the fog... stay in the fog...

Obviously, I want this shirt.


Thanks so much for your support. I hope your wish comes true. :-)

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


I really like this design, it has great color choices. I have only seen the sunset from the American side of lake Ontario, and it's spectacular. If anyone is in the Rochester area I recommend going to "Marge's" to watch the sunset. That way you can get liquored up and sit on the beach.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
dekonstruct wrote:I really like this design, it has great color choices. I have only seen the sunset from the American side of lake Ontario, and it's spectacular. If anyone is in the Rochester area I recommend going to "Marge's" to watch the sunset. That way you can get liquored up and sit on the beach.


Thanks so much for the compliment.

I've been to Rochester... had a great time there. I'll have to check out Marge's if I can make it back up that direction.

I usually fly out to Toronto when visiting Canada, but a road trip past Niagara would give me a great excuse to visit Rochester. Of course, I'd want to go when it's warm, as I'm told that the snow can be a bit much at times. :-)

sailstud25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
geekfactor12 wrote:Joel likes sunsets, and long walks on the beach.


This is really cool! Now I'm torn between this and redghia's Spirit Island...
GMV for sure, would probably get both if I could, but alas... :-/
Come on, stay in the fog!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
sailstud25 wrote:This is really cool! Now I'm torn between this and redghia's Spirit Island...
GMV for sure, would probably get both if I could, but alas... :-/
Come on, stay in the fog!


Glad you like it and thanks for the vote.

The great thing about Woot is that you can actually vote for both my shirt and Spirit Island and hope for both to win. They may not make it, but you can at least support your favorities.

sailstud25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
daedalusknight wrote:Glad you like it and thanks for the vote.

The great thing about Woot is that you can actually vote for both my shirt and Spirit Island and hope for both to win. They may not make it, but you can at least support your favorities.


Absolutely, man... I did vote for yours and I hope it stays in the fog, but I'm not gonna try to squeeze it into my sig since it's already fogged and sure to continue getting attention. Good luck!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

northcutt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages northcutt
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Awesome design! You have my vote.

smithsonia


quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
daedalusknight wrote:I hope everyone likes this one... It kind of has a personal meaning and I'm not sure it'll resonate with everyone. Back when I was a kid my family and I would occasioanlly head up to Canada to visit my mother's relatives. We would usually go in the early fall when the leaves were all turning and the loons and Canadian gese were all in flight... headed south I guess. My mom's not with us anymore but I still remember the way she loved the changing colors of the leaves and the sight of those birds in flight. I wanted to pay homage to that with this shirt; I call it Lake Ontario Sunset. Please let me know if you like it. Thanks!


that story is really sweet. and your shirt is beautiful.

smithsonia


quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
daedalusknight wrote:
I kinda wish Woot had more shirt colors, though, as a warm, dark grey would be perfect (their grey's cool and lighter).
:-)


I own an "asphalt" grey shirt, rather than the usual heather, and it's pretty nice.
/but the black is fine. ^_^

Calvin888MEN


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calvin888MEN
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Faith restored in Woot derby shirts!!! Thanks for this design; though, I will have to put it away for Autumn in Nor-Cal

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
sailstud25 wrote:Absolutely, man... I did vote for yours and I hope it stays in the fog, but I'm not gonna try to squeeze it into my sig since it's already fogged and sure to continue getting attention. Good luck!


Thanks very much. I sure do hope it stays in contention... I'd be really happy to have my entry made into a shirt for the first time.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
northcutt wrote:Awesome design! You have my vote.


Thanks so much! :-)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
smithsonia wrote:that story is really sweet. and your shirt is beautiful.


I'm glad you like it. Thanks for your support.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
smithsonia wrote:I own an "asphalt" grey shirt, rather than the usual heather, and it's pretty nice.
/but the black is fine. ^_^


I don't think I've actually seen the asphalt one in person... does anyone have a photo of one? I've seen the heather grey before.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Calvin888MEN wrote:Faith restored in Woot derby shirts!!! Thanks for this design; though, I will have to put it away for Autumn in Nor-Cal



Thanks so much. It's defintiely got more of an autumn vibe to it.

akakin


quality posts: 2 Private Messages akakin
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Great graphic. this is one of those shirts I'd really like to see in a sweatshirt.

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Fly high, geese! This is the last shirt I'd want to knock out of the fog accidentally, should I worm my way back in.

surflunesta


quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


I had similar experiences growing up in the US and visiting relatives in Canada, and remembering how vibrant the colors were and how clean and clear everything seemed to look. Great colors and design....you've got my vote.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
akakin wrote:Great graphic. this is one of those shirts I'd really like to see in a sweatshirt.


Why, thank you. Yes, this would be a great sweatshit image. Maybe Woot will diversify and offer sweatshirts one day... or even long sleeve t-shirts.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
mihalis aya wrote:Fly high, geese! This is the last shirt I'd want to knock out of the fog accidentally, should I worm my way back in.


Thanks for the sentiment. With any luck people will keep voting for both our shirts and it won't be a problem. :-)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
surflunesta wrote:I had similar experiences growing up in the US and visiting relatives in Canada, and remembering how vibrant the colors were and how clean and clear everything seemed to look. Great colors and design....you've got my vote.


I'm really pleased that my design struck a chord with you. I hope I manage to get this shirt made so that all you great people can get the shirt you want. Thanks for your vote!

Dagith


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dagith
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


this would go great with my cool breeze shirt.
I do love autumn, congratulation on staying in the fog.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Dagith wrote:this would go great with my cool breeze shirt.
I do love autumn, congratulation on staying in the fog.


Glad you like it. Thanks for your support. :-)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight

Oh dear. I'm out of the fog now. I hope I haven't been offending anyone.

OpenDesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign
daedalusknight wrote:Oh dear. I'm out of the fog now. I hope I haven't been offending anyone.


Don't worry too much... it's a competition dependent on the votes of a huge group of people, so weird things will happen.

Kind of like the U.S. presidential primary process...

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
OpenDesign wrote:Don't worry too much... it's a competition dependent on the votes of a huge group of people, so weird things will happen.

Kind of like the U.S. presidential primary process...


Gosh... how do they stand the roller coaster ride?

Well this is going to be a close race regardless. So many great shirts out there.

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
daedalusknight wrote:Gosh... how do they stand the roller coaster ride?

Well this is going to be a close race regardless. So many great shirts out there.


Are you and I dancing for the 4th/5th place? Crap. I said I didn't want to knock daedalus out, guys!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
mihalis aya wrote:Are you and I dancing for the 4th/5th place? Crap. I said I didn't want to knock daedalus out, guys!


I think we are literally within one or two points of each other. Which means neither of our shirts will get made, sadly, unless there's a tie ahead of us that we can't see or one of us suddenly picks up enough steam to get into third.

I can't take the suspense... I'm going out for groceries.

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
daedalusknight wrote:I think we are literally within one or two points of each other. Which means neither of our shirts will get made, sadly, unless there's a tie ahead of us that we can't see or one of us suddenly picks up enough steam to get into third.

I can't take the suspense... I'm going out for groceries.


Heeeey, me too!

bsimms


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsimms

i wasn't sure if I liked the black or not, then I saw the meaning behind the shirt w/ your mom and it didn't matter. in for one if it wins

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
mihalis aya wrote:Heeeey, me too!


I'm back. Mmmm.... whole wheat bagels...

and I think I'll be cooking some "Animal" pancakes for dinner tonight. :-)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
bsimms wrote:i wasn't sure if I liked the black or not, then I saw the meaning behind the shirt w/ your mom and it didn't matter. in for one if it wins



Thanks for your support. Hopefully I can pull up to third place so all you folks can get the shirt you want. Or maybe there'll be some kind of a tie again (wishful thinking).

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Oh man... this is getting to be nail biting time... with less than two days left to vote, I'm back in the fog and back in the "new hotness," but will this spunky little contender have what it takes to go the distance and make it to third place in time to be printed? It's going to be a real tough challenge, but I hope I can really shine through here (no pun intended).

easeandgrace


quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
daedalusknight wrote:Oh man... this is getting to be nail biting time... with less than two days left to vote, I'm back in the fog and back in the "new hotness," but will this spunky little contender have what it takes to go the distance and make it to third place in time to be printed? It's going to be a real tough challenge, but I hope I can really shine through here (no pun intended).


Keeping my fingers crossed for your shirt to win/place. I think this design is a class act and I want one!

Also like your name - I'm a Stargate fan from way back. :-)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
easeandgrace wrote:Keeping my fingers crossed for your shirt to win/place. I think this design is a class act and I want one!

Also like your name - I'm a Stargate fan from way back. :-)


Thanks so much for your support... things are super close and I need every vote I can get if this shirt is going to make it to printing. I'm hoping I can slide up into third place just under the wire and make a lot of great supporters happy. :-)

sailstud25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
sailstud25 wrote:... I hope it stays in the fog, but I'm not gonna try to squeeze it into my sig since it's already fogged and sure to continue getting attention. Good luck!


What the hey... maybe my sig will help get votes (not to be self-important tho!)
I'll try to get the image out there just that little bit more, because I do want this one!

Come on voters!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
sailstud25 wrote:What the hey... maybe my sig will help get votes (not to be self-important tho!)
I'll try to get the image out there just that little bit more, because I do want this one!

Come on voters!


Thanks so much for putting me in your sig! I'm really hoping this will make it through to printing.

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Oh, daedalus, I didn't mean to kick you out!

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


The Maple Leaf (Acer rubrum)

There are ten maple species in Canada, but it is the sugar maple that is most commonly thought of as our national tree. A stylized version of its 5-lobed leaf - one of the country’s most recognizable icons - adorns the Canadian flag. Its leaves are 7 to 13 cm in diameter, and like all maples turn a colourful red-gold in the fall. The bark of the young sugar maple is smooth, gray-brown but turns scaly and furrowed with maturity.
The sugar maple is known the world over as the source of the sweet sap used in the production of maple syrup – a unique Canadian delicacy. Each spring this sap is collected from the trees and boiled to produce maple syrup, some of which is further evaporated to create maple sugar. [34 liters of sap = 1 liter of syrup or 3.6 kg of sugar]

The Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) is another unofficial symbol of Canada


daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
mihalis aya wrote:Oh, daedalus, I didn't mean to kick you out!


If last night was any indication, I'll be back in again soon. And out again. And in again...

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
mjc613 wrote:The Maple Leaf (Acer rubrum)

There are ten maple species in Canada, but it is the sugar maple that is most commonly thought of as our national tree. A stylized version of its 5-lobed leaf - one of the country’s most recognizable icons - adorns the Canadian flag. Its leaves are 7 to 13 cm in diameter, and like all maples turn a colourful red-gold in the fall. The bark of the young sugar maple is smooth, gray-brown but turns scaly and furrowed with maturity.
The sugar maple is known the world over as the source of the sweet sap used in the production of maple syrup – a unique Canadian delicacy. Each spring this sap is collected from the trees and boiled to produce maple syrup, some of which is further evaporated to create maple sugar. [34 liters of sap = 1 liter of syrup or 3.6 kg of sugar]

The Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) is another unofficial symbol of Canada


Thanks for the information.

Why am I hungry for maple syrup all of a sudden? :-)

bryozoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
daedalusknight wrote:If last night was any indication, I'll be back in again soon. And out again. And in again...



*gasp*

*giggle*

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
daedalusknight wrote:If last night was any indication, I'll be back in again soon. And out again. And in again...


Sounds like a good date!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight

Well, for those of you who like to withhold your votes until as late as you can, this is your time to shine. There's been a heated contest all through the week, but now it comes down to the last 24 hours before voting closes.

Look carefully at those in contention and make your choice. Decide which shirt you want to see make it to print and throw your support behind it... there are a ton of interesting shirts out there but only three can make it to the printing stage (unless we get lucky and have a tie). It's time to pick your pony and let your voice be heard. This is the time, this is the place... don't wait any longer or you might get stuck with shirts you don't care for.

And that would, you know, really stink.

Thanks to all my supporters and to my worthy competitors who have been setting the bar high for me, and who have been fascinating, strong, and (for the most part) kind. I can't say who will come out on top, but I'm happy to have run the race. I won't be around most of today to push my design, so I hope I've got enough momentum going to soar into third place in time for printing. Thanks to all of you, and to Woot as well.

DaedalusKnight

easeandgrace


quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
daedalusknight wrote:Well, for those of you who like to withhold your votes until as late as you can, this is your time to shine. There's been a heated contest all through the week, but now it comes down to the last 24 hours before voting closes.

Look carefully at those in contention and make your choice. Decide which shirt you want to see make it to print and throw your support behind it... there are a ton of interesting shirts out there but only three can make it to the printing stage (unless we get lucky and have a tie). It's time to pick your pony and let your voice be heard. This is the time, this is the place... don't wait any longer or you might get stuck with shirts you don't care for.

And that would, you know, really stink.

Thanks to all my supporters and to my worthy competitors who have been setting the bar high for me, and who have been fascinating, strong, and (for the most part) kind. I can't say who will come out on top, but I'm happy to have run the race. I won't be around most of today to push my design, so I hope I've got enough momentum going to soar into third place in time for printing. Thanks to all of you, and to Woot as well.

DaedalusKnight


I am SO going to get mah fave shirt. *doin' the gettin' mah fave shirt dance*

:-)

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Wow... I come back from a long, hard day of workin' for "da man" and it seems I'm stuck in fifth again... but, holy frijoles! Over 450 votes and this shirt still isn't going to get made? I feel like I'm letting a whole lot of folks down here. Wouldn't it be worth it to the Wootmaster in charge to print something with such a huge amount of support? He could sell 500 shirts easily, I'm sure.

Well, life is life, I suppose, but I still haven't given up hope. All you night owls and early morning risers, all you last minute and last second voters, stand up and show your support for the sunset shirt! We've still got time left and there's no sense throwing in the towel when the finish line is right in view and within the reach of a quick sprint for the top.

To all you kind folks who have been supporting my shirt, thanks so much and here's hoping you get what you want out of this derby. Excelsior!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset



Hey, folks. I've just been playing around with Jack31081's super cool shirt templates... take a look:




Gives you a slightly better idea of what the actual shirts might look like. :-)

Wow... less than half a day left worth of voting and I'm back in the fog AND in the hotness... closing in fast on third place... I'd appreciate any votes headed my way, as things are getting down to the wire here!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Great Scott! Nearly five hundred votes now and I'm still in danger of not getting printed? With so many people showing their love for this shirt, I'm in awe. Less than four hours left, folks... can you help me make this little dream a reality? Thanks so much to all you wonderful people who have supported me so far... I really want to get to third place in time to make you all happy. If you haven't voted yet, now's the time! :-)

sailstud25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
daedalusknight wrote:Great Scott! Nearly five hundred votes now and I'm still in danger of not getting printed? With so many people showing their love for this shirt, I'm in awe. Less than four hours left, folks... can you help me make this little dream a reality? Thanks so much to all you wonderful people who have supported me so far... I really want to get to third place in time to make you all happy. If you haven't voted yet, now's the time! :-)


arg, I can't believe it looks like the periodic table is going to be printed (according to shirtderbystats.com)! Unbelievable.

You were making a surge, and I only hope that site is wrong and I can buy one of these!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
sailstud25 wrote:arg, I can't believe it looks like the periodic table is going to be printed (according to shirtderbystats.com)! Unbelievable.

You were making a surge, and I only hope that site is wrong and I can buy one of these!



It doesn't look that way. I just barely pulled ahead of fireweed in the last fifteen minutes. Thanks for your support, though.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sailstud25 wrote:arg, I can't believe it looks like the periodic table is going to be printed (according to shirtderbystats.com)! Unbelievable.

You were making a surge, and I only hope that site is wrong and I can buy one of these!


It has been before. There have been times when it's ended up that a "Safe first" is third, or fourth, or kicked out just before the derby ends. It's all just estimates, after all. It may be worrisome, knowing how briefly the predicted fourth was fogged, but it has happened before.

I wouldn't, however, make a habit of complaining about the vaguely clever but unwearable succeeding. You're not at a site that can handle critique, nor handle shirts which require more than a moment of thought to grasp. You'll be tarred and feathered ready-quick if you continue to voice contrary opinions.

ChronoSquall14


quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I'm pulling for you. Good luck!

CAMMS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


I am so glad to see this shirt made it into the fog and made the final four. I voted for it and will be stunned if it is not in the final three. Your story made it even more beautiful, best wishes!

KAWELCH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KAWELCH
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


I WANT THIS T-SHIRT

Spiteless


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spiteless
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset


Did they already print and sell this shirt? I totally want one

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Spiteless wrote:Did they already print and sell this shirt? I totally want one


I"m afraid it ended up being #4, so it wasn't printed.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail