Derby #77: Alternate History

Mayflower Mayhem

Unbelieveably, similar shirts exist. http://www.cafepress.com/ElectricLoveGoo.347194848

Rejected because: Unbelieveably, similar shirts exist. http://www.cafepress.com/ElectricLoveGoo.347194848

add a comment

Comments

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Decided to go a different route from my original idea

CLICK HERE for detail image
CLICK HERE for closeup

skirochester


quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


great idea. great colors. great shirt.

theinfinityloop


quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: Mayflower Mayhem

The dead people make me sad.


BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


I love the dead people.


Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


freaking hilarious! I love this. It reminds me of Loved by the Sea.

arcsus


quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


I see dead people.

aenari


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aenari
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Yeah, the dead folks do make me kind of sad - but hey, gotta tell it like it is, right? Pull no punches.

Wanting is no art...to want rightly, on the other hand, is a great art, or rather, it is a gift.
-Kierkegaard

riffmaster18


quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


morbid, but awesome, voted


Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Kinda sad, but dang, you design shirts well :-)


Check out my blog:Here!

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Thanks all, I was slightly worried about including the dead people, but decided that they weren't realistic enough to be an issue :P (Plus, it's just a reality of life)

sharnar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharnar
BootsBoots wrote:I love the dead people.


oh i also love the dead people

lkackman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


ahuhu... I see dead people! Okay so that was a sad joke, but I have to agree with boots, the dead people make this shirt worth the vote.

snowtato


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowtato
lkackman wrote:ahuhu... I see dead people! Okay so that was a sad joke, but I have to agree with boots, the dead people make this shirt worth the vote.


Thirded. You do such incredible work! GMV!

Caseyzilla


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Caseyzilla

Also a wonderful design Ramy! You seem to have a knack for this woot shtuff. Btw...just got my "Grim Optimism"..I'm so excited!

silverfox333


quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverfox333
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Erm... Rubber rafts? Interesting, but it works, I suppose

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2


you and your shirts are not making my wallet happy. ahuhu

good luck

that was fun while it lasted!

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Mayflower Mayhem



I'd rather not wait. Can I just go ahead and buy mine now?

Stormink


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Probably among my favorites of your work. I'm glad to see a nice detailed entry. Very good job! (And fun story too)

marzipanapple


quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


The way everything is placed in this picture is perfect. Very nice framing and placement. Colors are pretty great too.

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


I'm confused by the rubber rafts and life jackets...hrmm...

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
HeartlineTwist wrote:I'm confused by the rubber rafts and life jackets...hrmm...


Well, I just wanted to make it a whimsical and fun image, since it's alternate history and all- I felt that the life jackets were an easy way to differentiate between the people who would be safe and those that wouldn't, and the life boats were an easy to recognize image that could also tie in with the titanic theme- I chose to sacrifice historic accuracy for the sake of the image by creating easily recognizable symbols, since it's not a historic picture anyway. Hopefully that makes some sense?

chaskavitch


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaskavitch
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Oh, the dead people are so cute! The remind me of the bobbleheads in Princess Mononoke.

Salinga


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Salinga
Re: Mayflower Mayhem

I love this design. Especially the iceberg and the dead people. They remind me of little voodoo ragdolls. xD
Hope this one wins; then I'll have this one and your fishy one. Voted~!

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
ramyb wrote:Well, I just wanted to make it a whimsical and fun image, since it's alternate history and all- I felt that the life jackets were an easy way to differentiate between the people who would be safe and those that wouldn't, and the life boats were an easy to recognize image that could also tie in with the titanic theme- I chose to sacrifice historic accuracy for the sake of the image by creating easily recognizable symbols, since it's not a historic picture anyway. Hopefully that makes some sense?


Good explanation. Thanks.

Shenorock


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shenorock
chaskavitch wrote:Oh, the dead people are so cute! The remind me of the bobbleheads in Princess Mononoke.


I couldn't put my finger on what they looked like, but you're totally right.

I like the colors, very nice shirt. And I agree with the life jackets/rafts. Not accurate but helps tie it into titanic even more in a way (not that I think even the titanic had rubber rafts).

enjoralas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages enjoralas

Kate Winslet hangin' on that door absolutely makes this shirt.

viper88c


quality posts: 0 Private Messages viper88c
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


I have been going around thinking I was a pretty good designer until now.....
Thank you, now I know I suck at life!
I know you can't see this but I am bowing down to you right now!
Even if this was a stupid shirt that no one liked (which it obviously isn't!!!) the detail alone is just jaw dropping amazement!
Good freaking job.... This is amazing!!!

(P.S. if that somehow looked mean I am sorry it is really a compliment but it gets mixed with jealousy!)

msmajikk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages msmajikk
ramyb wrote:Decided to go a different route from my original idea

CLICK HERE for detail image
CLICK HERE for closeup


Beauty...no religious zealots to commit genocide on hapless natives.

smokingmonkey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smokingmonkey
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


So incredible well done. Great job, great job.

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Sorry to be the jerk to do this, but it may be rejectable ...

http://www.cafepress.com/ElectricLoveGoo.347194848

There's a whole slew of stuff, granted it's not remotely as good as yours, but still ...

GigliWasAGoodMovie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GigliWasAGoodMovie
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


This is really neat, I think this may be my 1st buy.

GigliWasAGoodMovie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GigliWasAGoodMovie
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Sorry to be the jerk to do this, but it may be rejectable ...

http://www.cafepress.com/ElectricLoveGoo.347194848

There's a whole slew of stuff, granted it's not remotely as good as yours, but still ...


Why would you do that? Itseems like a jerky thing to do, pointing it out so that they may reject it. His shirt so much better than that crappy one, and now it might get rejected because you posted a shirt that stinks. That's really a dickish thing to do.

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:Why would you do that? Itseems like a jerky thing to do, pointing it out so that they may reject it. His shirt so much better than that crappy one, and now it might get rejected because you posted a shirt that stinks. That's really a dickish thing to do.


How exactly am I a jerk for doing what countless people do on this site on a weekly basis?

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:Why would you do that? Itseems like a jerky thing to do, pointing it out so that they may reject it. His shirt so much better than that crappy one, and now it might get rejected because you posted a shirt that stinks. That's really a dickish thing to do.


I'm quoting this just so if you ever have a flash of intellect, you can't edit this ignorant rant.

If a shirt already exists, it already exists. It doesn't matter who did it best.

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Sorry to be the jerk to do this, but it may be rejectable ...


I'm very sad to see this, because I did a rather extensive google search before doing this image to see if it had been done before, and didn't see anything. Hopefully woot will see that the images are different enough and not reject this, I'll just cross my fingers for now

GigliWasAGoodMovie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GigliWasAGoodMovie
AdderXYU wrote:I'm quoting this just so if you ever have a flash of intellect, you can't edit this ignorant rant.

If a shirt already exists, it already exists. It doesn't matter who did it best.


Why the heck would you insult me. We're dealing with stupid T-Shirts right now, and I think it was a horrible dickish move to point out a stupid cafepress design only to have this one possibly rejected. Nobody would have known about that ugly shirt turbo pointed out if he didn't take the time to point it out. That's a dickish move.

Noone would see me wearing that shirt on the street and say "WOW THAT SHIRTS A RIP OFF FROM A RANDOM CAFEPRESS SHIRT THAT NOONE SAW BEFORE". It's a shirt alkot of people want and to maybe reject it because of a dumb poorly drawn shirt on a cheap site is dumb.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:Why the heck would you insult me. We're dealing with stupid T-Shirts right now, and I think it was a horrible dickish move to point out a stupid cafepress design only to have this one possibly rejected. Nobody would have known about that ugly shirt turbo pointed out if he didn't take the time to point it out. That's a dickish move.

Noone would see me wearing that shirt on the street and say "WOW THAT SHIRTS A RIP OFF FROM A RANDOM CAFEPRESS SHIRT THAT NOONE SAW BEFORE". It's a shirt alkot of people want and to maybe reject it because of a dumb poorly drawn shirt on a cheap site is dumb.


Translation: Why'd you go show me that the shirt I want exists? I want it cheaper, and now I can't get it!

GigliWasAGoodMovie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GigliWasAGoodMovie
AdderXYU wrote:Translation: Why'd you go show me that the shirt I want exists? I want it cheaper, and now I can't get it!


Why are you such a jerk? No, the shirt I want doesn't exist yet, the shirt I want is the one in the fog right now. I would never buy that ugly cafepress thing. Comparing this shirt to that shirt is like comparing rotten apples to fresh baked apple pie. Would YOU have known about the ugly cafepress thing if it wasnt pointed out to you???? No, you wouldn't. Why be a jerk and point it out just so that someone loses a contest. The jerk who pointed it out obviously knows this shirt is better than that shirt, and he only pointed it out to be a jerk.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:Why are you such a jerk? No, the shirt I want doesn't exist yet, the shirt I want is the one in the fog right now. I would never buy that ugly cafepress thing. Comparing this shirt to that shirt is like comparing rotten apples to fresh baked apple pie. Would YOU have known about the ugly cafepress thing if it wasnt pointed out to you???? No, you wouldn't. Why be a jerk and point it out just so that someone loses a contest. The jerk who pointed it out obviously knows this shirt is better than that shirt, and he only pointed it out to be a jerk.


Actually, he pointed it out because it exists. It's not being a jerk - it's being fair. Many other designs in the past have been rejected because shirts with similar concepts already existed, even though said shirts had horrible execution. It's just part of the contest. ramyb graciously accepted the possibility of rejection - it's only you insulting someone for trying to make this a fair contest. Turbo was extremely polite in his initial comment - and if you keep up in the forums, you know he isn't usually polite.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

fleamarketadict


quality posts: 9 Private Messages fleamarketadict
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:Would YOU have known about the ugly cafepress thing if it wasnt pointed out to you???? No, you wouldn't. Why be a jerk and point it out just so that someone loses a contest. The jerk who pointed it out obviously knows this shirt is better than that shirt, and he only pointed it out to be a jerk.


It doesn't matter which is better. Ramby's is obviously better and I'm sure he had no intention of ripping off someone else's idea, but reporting things like this is the reason there is a "TATTLE ON THIS" link on top of every entry. (Maybe this only shows up for those who have actually made a woot purchase and are eligible to vote.) Turbo was only doing what was expected, and even apologized for having to do it.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
eHalcyon wrote:Actually, he pointed it out because it exists. It's not being a jerk - it's being fair. Many other designs in the past have been rejected because shirts with similar concepts already existed, even though said shirts had horrible execution. It's just part of the contest. ramyb graciously accepted the possibility of rejection - it's only you insulting someone for trying to make this a fair contest. Turbo was extremely polite in his initial comment - and if you keep up in the forums, you know he isn't usually polite.


Thank you E.

A part of me does somewhat feel bad about pointing it out, as I'm fairly confident that whomever designed that atrocious Cafe Press version has already forgotten about it. Ramyb obviously has more artistic talent than I could ever dream of having; He seemed to work hard on the design, and thus I feel bad about possibly costing him money, as I'm pretty sure nobody would have noticed the Cafe Press shirt unless I pointed it out.

Regardless, what's done is done, and if Woot chooses to reject this shirt then you can all blame me. I understand I'm not very well liked in the forums to begin with, so if some people want to hold me over the coals for this I'll gladly accept the burnt flesh.

I will say this though, if it does print, I'll make it a point to buy one; and I honestly wouldn't have before. I won't buy one because I'm fond of the design, because personally it's not my style, I'll buy one because I feel ramyb deserves the support for the hard work he put into it.

GigliWasAGoodMovie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GigliWasAGoodMovie
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Thank you E.

A part of me does somewhat feel bad about pointing it out, as I'm fairly confident that whomever designed that atrocious Cafe Press version has already forgotten about it. Ramyb obviously has more artistic talent than I could ever dream of having; He seemed to work hard on the design, and thus I feel bad about possibly costing him money, as I'm pretty sure nobody would have noticed the Cafe Press shirt unless I pointed it out.

Regardless, what's done is done, and if Woot chooses to reject this shirt then you can all blame me. I understand I'm not very well liked in the forums to begin with, so if some people want to hold me over the coals for this I'll gladly accept the burnt flesh.

I will say this though, if it does print, I'll make it a point to buy one; and I honestly wouldn't have before. I won't buy one because I'm fond of the design, because personally it's not my style, I'll buy one because I feel ramyb deserves the support for the hard work he put into it.


Bah bah bah bah bah. If you feel bad you shoulda never pointed it out. You did cost this guy money if it gets rejected, and in these economic times he could prob use it. Its a dickish thing you did, you could have and should have kept your trap shut.

Oh yeah, and why don't people like you on the foirms? is it becuase you do dickish things like the dickish thing you did here?

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:Bah bah bah bah bah. If you feel bad you shoulda never pointed it out. You did cost this guy money if it gets rejected, and in these economic times he could prob use it. Its a dickish thing you did, you could have and should have kept your trap shut.

Oh yeah, and why don't people like you on the foirms? is it becuase you do dickish things like the dickish thing you did here?


You know, it's pretty hypocritical of you to keep on harassing the guy, who has been nothing but courteous and apologetic in this thread. Maybe you should examine your own behaviour before criticizing others. =\

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:Bah bah bah bah bah. If you feel bad you shoulda never pointed it out. You did cost this guy money if it gets rejected, and in these economic times he could prob use it. Its a dickish thing you did, you could have and should have kept your trap shut.

Oh yeah, and why don't people like you on the foirms? is it becuase you do dickish things like the dickish thing you did here?


Okay, well if I cost Ramyb money I do feel bad. Economic times aside, a grand's a grand. I'll probably keep that in consideration if I ever decide to bring a possible rejection to the forefront again.

Also, since you asked, many people dislike me on this forum because of my own distasteful actions.

I've been here for a while now and in that time I've insulted many people, said many horrible things, and carried myself in a way that I can honestly say I'm ashamed of. I guess when you have to act a certain way in the "real world", and you build up stress, it's easy to vent that frustration on the faceless people on the internet; because unlike in real life, the internet doesn't hit back.

I treated people a certain way, and they treat me that way back; it's my penance, and I deserve it.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Okay, well if I cost Ramyb money I do feel bad. Economic times aside, a grand's a grand. I'll probably keep that in consideration if I ever decide to bring a possible rejection to the forefront again.


I don't think that's something to feel bad about. Again, ramyb graciously accepted the possibility of rejection which, by the way, isn't even a definite outcome - they might not reject it anyway.

If you want to look at it from an economic/prize money perspective, getting this rejected is actually BETTER if you look at it objectively:

1. The $1000 isn't lost to the void - if ramyb doesn't get it, someone else will.
2. The argument that "in these economic times [ramyb] could prob [sic] use [the prize money]" could just as easily apply to anyone else, i.e. the person who might win instead of ramyb, should rejection occur.
3. Ramyb won several derbies in a row, a couple of which are still doing very well on the reckoning list. Therefore, there is a good chance that he's sitting pretty well economically, whereas the person who would have come in fourth otherwise might be hurting.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

GigliWasAGoodMovie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GigliWasAGoodMovie
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Okay, well if I cost Ramyb money I do feel bad. Economic times aside, a grand's a grand. I'll probably keep that in consideration if I ever decide to bring a possible rejection to the forefront again.

Also, since you asked, many people dislike me on this forum because of my own distasteful actions.

I've been here for a while now and in that time I've insulted many people, said many horrible things, and carried myself in a way that I can honestly say I'm ashamed of. I guess when you have to act a certain way in the "real world", and you build up stress, it's easy to vent that frustration on the faceless people on the internet; because unlike in real life, the internet doesn't hit back.

I treated people a certain way, and they treat me that way back; it's my penance, and I deserve it.


blah blah blah, more blabber from the dickish fool who has to police the internetz.

just remember, If this shirt doesnt get to be sold, its because of you. You andyour whiny 'im gonna' tattle' mentality. i wont be able to buy this SHIRT a shirt I wanted, and ramby will be out 1000 dollars ........... all your fault.

its no wonder people hate you here, because your a dickish fool. you prob were the kid who told the teacher when other kids did stuff wrong. you just cost a guy money and i hope you feel bad about itt.

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:blah blah blah, more blabber from the dickish fool who has to police the internetz.

just remember, If this shirt doesnt get to be sold, its because of you. You andyour whiny 'im gonna' tattle' mentality. i wont be able to buy this SHIRT a shirt I wanted, and ramby will be out 1000 dollars ........... all your fault.

its no wonder people hate you here, because your a dickish fool. you prob were the kid who told the teacher when other kids did stuff wrong. you just cost a guy money and i hope you feel bad about itt.


Okay, thanks buddy.

It's 1am here, I'm going to bed. Nite.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:blah blah blah, more blabber from the dickish fool who has to police the internetz.

just remember, If this shirt doesnt get to be sold, its because of you. You andyour whiny 'im gonna' tattle' mentality. i wont be able to buy this SHIRT a shirt I wanted, and ramby will be out 1000 dollars ........... all your fault.

its no wonder people hate you here, because your a dickish fool. you prob were the kid who told the teacher when other kids did stuff wrong. you just cost a guy money and i hope you feel bad about itt.


Wow, calm down. I have a hard time believing that out of every single shirt that has been posted on woot ever, this is the only one you would buy. :p

PhilSandifer


quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:blah blah blah, more blabber from the dickish fool who has to police the internetz.

just remember, If this shirt doesnt get to be sold, its because of you. You andyour whiny 'im gonna' tattle' mentality. i wont be able to buy this SHIRT a shirt I wanted, and ramby will be out 1000 dollars ........... all your fault.

its no wonder people hate you here, because your a dickish fool. you prob were the kid who told the teacher when other kids did stuff wrong. you just cost a guy money and i hope you feel bad about itt.


And if this shirt doesn't get rejected and wins, the Cafe Press person who independently came up with the idea earlier will be rightly aggrieved that someone made a nice pile of cash recycling his old idea.

I mean, I think the shirt should stand, but I'd understand if the rejection fairy visits it. And I certainly don't feel like I have any inherent right to be able to buy the shirt. While I think the current 5th place shirt is underwhelming, I see four others in the top 20 that are absolutely great. Seeing one of them move up a spot is OK with me.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:just remember, If this shirt doesnt get to be sold, its because of you. You andyour whiny 'im gonna' tattle' mentality. i wont be able to buy this SHIRT a shirt I wanted, and ramby will be out 1000 dollars ........... all your fault.


Also, if this shirt gets rejected, many other people get another shirt that they want, and someone else gets 1000 dollars - all thanks to him! I think that balances out just fine.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Really, I don't think this is a big deal right now. First of all, I definitely don't harbor any hard feelings towards Turbo for pointing this out, it's only fair, and now it's up to woot to decide. But more importantly, there are a very large number of shirts that are doing much better than this one right now that are all in contention, so the chances of this printing even in the case of no rejection are not particularly high, so rejection vs. no rejection probably won't have a big impact on the contest as a whole anyway

fleamarketadict


quality posts: 9 Private Messages fleamarketadict
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:blah blah blah, more blabber from the dickish fool who has to police the internetz.

just remember, If this shirt doesnt get to be sold, its because of you. You andyour whiny 'im gonna' tattle' mentality. i wont be able to buy this SHIRT a shirt I wanted, and ramby will be out 1000 dollars ........... all your fault.

its no wonder people hate you here, because your a dickish fool. you prob were the kid who told the teacher when other kids did stuff wrong. you just cost a guy money and i hope you feel bad about itt.


If you want people to take you serious here and listen to your point, you might first want to try expanding your vocabulary. You sound like the little kid who, after learning his first "adult" word, quickly learns he is not allowed to use it at home so he uses it constantly when mom and dad aren't around to hear him, to make himself feel big.
However, in this case, you are simply wrong, and no amount of whining is going to change that.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

kasouti


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kasouti
Firstly this design is great.

So I'm just suprised this wasn't quoted/pointed out sooner:
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Sorry to be the jerk to do this, but it may be rejectable ...


TurboGraphx16 wrote:How exactly am I a jerk for doing what countless people do on this site on a weekly basis?


I'm fairly sure he had already answered his own question in the previous post <.<. So why take offense when you already admitted to it and obviously didn't care.

Also the turbografx-16 turboexpress was amazing.

z64dan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages z64dan

Well it would end up costing woot alot of money if they had some kind of copyright problem with another shirt company, and they would probably be more careful accepting shirts by the person who caused them the trouble, I'm assuming...

I don't think the shirts are similar enough to warrant rejection, but who knows...

Anyway, he could easily change the boat name to the Nina, Pinta, or Santa Maria, or some other famous old boat that didn't sink.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Anyone with the username of GigliWasAGoodMovie is making a public declaration of their own stupidity. They probably also think Keanu Reeves is a good actor. Can we please just ignore anything it posts?

Turbo, no one of note has taken offense to you. Don't worry, mate. I find your humility and contrition adds to the "alternate universe" feel of this derby

Ramyb, I can't stop loving this design. It really is my favorite one you've done here, for multiple reasons. If it gets rejected, that's a shame. But I applaud your grace in accepting the possibility.


TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Like I said before, what's done is done; obviously the Jennifer Lopez fan who continues harassing me simply can't have his/her mind changed. Once again, if anyone is angry at me, they have my sincerest apologies. There's still alot of time left in the Derby, so anything can happen.

GigliWasAGoodMovie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GigliWasAGoodMovie
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Like I said before, what's done is done; obviously the Jennifer Lopez fan who continues harassing me simply can't have his/her mind changed. Once again, if anyone is angry at me, they have my sincerest apologies. There's still alot of time left in the Derby, so anything can happen.


screw you and your dickish insulting of me. im glad this is back in the fog, because your actions almost caused it not to be. everyone can make fun of me all they want but i know im right and so does everyone else and thats all that matters.

i cannot wait to buy this shirt.

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:screw you and your dickish insulting of me. im glad this is back in the fog, because your actions almost caused it not to be. everyone can make fun of me all they want but i know im right and so does everyone else and thats all that matters.

i cannot wait to buy this shirt.


Sorry to disappoint, but this is soon to be out of the fog again :P

GigliWasAGoodMovie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GigliWasAGoodMovie
ramyb wrote:Sorry to disappoint, but this is soon to be out of the fog again :P


i hope not, it diserves to win.

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:screw you and your dickish insulting of me. im glad this is back in the fog, because your actions almost caused it not to be. everyone can make fun of me all they want but i know im right and so does everyone else and thats all that matters.

i cannot wait to buy this shirt.


Okay, well for your sake (and ramyb's) I hope this prints.

That being said, I'm going to gracefully exit this thread as I don't want to argue anything with you. :-)

nitrousoxide52


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Alright! This one just knocked Lpod out of the fog! Woo! I'm happy for all 4 in the fog now! Another exclamation point for effect!

AGrant311


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote: everyone can make fun of me all they want but i know im right and so does everyone else and thats all that matters.

i cannot wait to buy this shirt.


Everyone can make fun of you, yet everyone knows you're right? That's a rather contradictory statement.
And no, I don't know you're right, or even in the slightest think you're right.
Honestly, you have a new account, no Woots, and no postings until this thread. That's usually a sign of someone trolling here in the Woot world. If you are not, and are just very passionate about this particular shirt, then I apologize for thinking you to be a troll.
Turbo was being an active member of this community. We are encouraged to tattle when we find similar shirts on other sites for derby designs. Yes, some of them are mere coincedences; others are blatant rip-offs. I've tattled myself a few times on shirts designs.

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
BootsBoots wrote:I love the dead people.


boots, you're such a twisted little thang! : )


wjmoss


quality posts: 3 Private Messages wjmoss
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Why is this not in the fog? Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

marissakuf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages marissakuf
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:Why would you do that? Itseems like a jerky thing to do, pointing it out so that they may reject it. His shirt so much better than that crappy one, and now it might get rejected because you posted a shirt that stinks. That's really a dickish thing to do.


Maybe I'm just making assumptions from the user name and the posts they've made on other shirt threads, but am I the only person that recognizes this as a troll?

rachinha


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachinha
marissakuf wrote:Maybe I'm just making assumptions from the user name and the posts they've made on other shirt threads, but am I the only person that recognizes this as a troll?


Absolutely not. And this one seems to saying a lot for someone who's never made a woot purchase and therefore cannot even vote for this shirt.

Kaliko2005


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Ramy this made me sad im sorry to hear this.
no fear tho. for i will vote for you in the next derby im sure

GigliWasAGoodMovie, please calm down, you seem to be a little immature here,
there will be a next week

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


shame, ramyb. but, again, I applaud the way you handled this.

This design was oh-so-good.

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Mayflower Mayhem



"Rejected because: Unbelieveably, similar shirts exist."

Wow, major bummer.


Check out my blog:Here!

HalfBakedScheme


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HalfBakedScheme
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


I highly disagree with this rejection. I don't think that this is nearly similar enough to the other shirt to be disqualified... granted, it's an extremely similar idea, but it's executed entirely differently.

Besides, they don't have tiny Chobits chibis sinking lifelessly from the wreckage!

I wish they'd "unreject" this one... wouldn't be the first time, although I know they're not fans of doing it...

Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must. But never give up.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
HalfBakedScheme wrote:
Besides, they don't have tiny Chobits chibis sinking lifelessly from the wreckage!


I'd imagine the creators of Chobits would consider that one more reason to keep this rejected, eh?

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Sorry about the rejection Ramyb; it was a great shirt and a great concept, definitely a bummer ...

virgquest


quality posts: 0 Private Messages virgquest
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


This was a really fabulous shirt....very disappointed that it was rejected. Would have loved to order it.

z64dan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages z64dan

Yep. inhales sharply and creates suction. woulda bought it for sure.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Sorry ramyb for the rejection. As others have said, this is much better by far than the rejection reason shirt, and deserved to stay in to compete for the fog... Major bummer. Please please offer this somewhere when you can! I loved it, especially the non-boaters

dangurous


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


this is woot's way of not letting ramyb absolutely rule the derbies every week. take one off they say. don't try so hard they say. ramyb is the derby juggernaut and i can't wait for next week's design.

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

breckenedge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages breckenedge
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


Too bad about the rejection. I really liked it.

masterkraig


quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Mayflower Mayhem


This is MUCH better than the "original."

Sorry about the rejection, this is a great design.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

Jykinturah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jykinturah
Rejected because: Unbelieveably, similar shirts exist. http://www.cafepress.com/ElectricLoveGoo.347194848 (sic)


Meheheh. Reading that made me laugh a bit.
Better luck next time ramyb.

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
dangurous wrote:this is woot's way of not letting ramyb absolutely rule the derbies every week. take one off they say. don't try so hard they say. ramyb is the derby juggernaut and i can't wait for next week's design.


I kinda doubt that - they don't find some pretext to reject Tgentry, for example

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
GigliWasAGoodMovie wrote:screw you and your dickish insulting of me. im glad this is back in the fog, because your actions almost caused it not to be. everyone can make fun of me all they want but i know im right and so does everyone else and thats all that matters.

i cannot wait to buy this shirt.


...he called you a JLo fan and that's dickish insulting? After all the bullcarp you posted about him for merely doing what would have been done had this shirt gone on sale anyway? Christ, I don't even like the guy and I'm on his side. As if anyone's entitled to a derby win (who says Edgar and the rest of the top finishers wouldn't win anyway?)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail