Derby #97: BBQ

Pre-cooked Meal For One

Off topic

Rejected because: Off topic

add a comment

Comments

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
Re: Pre-cooked Meal For One

Apologies to imsochade in advance, should this lil' misadventure in design, best. thing. ever. to measure up to his exacting standards. Isp issues had me hunting thru my archived designs at the last moment and lo and behold, something that kinda fits the bill/grill, hope it appeals to a whole bunch of wooters..;]
You Can Ogle A Full Size Image Here!

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
picasserole wrote:Apologies to imsochade in advance, should this lil' misadventure in design, best. thing. ever. to measure up to his exacting standards. Isp issues had me hunting thru my archived designs at the last moment and lo and behold, something that kinda fits the bill/grill, hope it appeals to a whole bunch of wooters..;]
You Can Ogle A Full Size Image Here!

Somehow, the words 'best. design. ever', or similar, managed to find their way into my post...very strange indeed!

omnitarian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Pre-cooked Meal For One


Sick (as in "good") illustration, but to be honest I'm not really seeing the barbecue.

imsochady


quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
picasserole wrote:Apologies to imsochade in advance, should this lil' misadventure in design, best. thing. ever. to measure up to his exacting standards. Isp issues had me hunting thru my archived designs at the last moment and lo and behold, something that kinda fits the bill/grill, hope it appeals to a whole bunch of wooters..;]
You Can Ogle A Full Size Image Here!


Hahaha. First of all, I shall not accept your apology because this right here doesn't need one. You should have seen how far my jaw dropped at first sight of this. I'm pretty sure it reached Australia, hahah. And lastly, never apologize to me again for your ridiculously out-of-this-world awesomeness of a design!

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
imsochady wrote:Hahaha. First of all, I shall not accept your apology because this right here doesn't need one. You should have seen how far my jaw dropped at first sight of this. I'm pretty sure it reached Australia, hahah. And lastly, never apologize to me again for your ridiculously out-of-this-world awesomeness of a design!

Wanted you to know that I'd checked out your blog, which is pretty well organized and features some nifty designs to boot. There were 2 in particular that I thought would be Numero uno contenders, in any future shirt-scrap. I hope you get some wins in the future, if you haven't already accomplished that. Good luck in that regard, senor imsochade!!

windsong137


quality posts: 0 Private Messages windsong137

I have no idea how this has anything to do with BBQing.

O_o

Dominitus


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dominitus
windsong137 wrote:I have no idea how this has anything to do with BBQing.

O_o


The lightning's about to hit the kid, which will cook him, and then the monster's going to eat him.

Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Pre-cooked Meal For One


Your work is mind blowing sir. I'm truly in awe of the level of precision and detail on this one. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks a woot barbecue might be a little unworthy of a piece like this, but thanks for submitting it anyways.


BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Pre-cooked Meal For One


This is really well done.


picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
Drakxxx wrote:Your work is mind blowing sir. I'm truly in awe of the level of precision and detail on this one. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks a woot barbecue might be a little unworthy of a piece like this, but thanks for submitting it anyways.

Ahaa, tis indeed a foggy day in old Texas town. I'll b scrutinizing the foggies a bit later, all comments appreciated and thanks dominitus..:p

fifey157


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifey157
Re: Pre-cooked Meal For One


Your work is brilliant picasserole. You took down your stuff at Cameesa. :-( Do you have anything up anywhere else? <3 your art.

imsochady


quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
picasserole wrote:Wanted you to know that I'd checked out your blog, which is pretty well organized and features some nifty designs to boot. There were 2 in particular that I thought would be Numero uno contenders, in any future shirt-scrap. I hope you get some wins in the future, if you haven't already accomplished that. Good luck in that regard, senor imsochade!!


Thanks for the warm wishes, and likewise to you. I haven't won anything yet, but I will sure try my best!

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Pre-cooked Meal For One

Don't see a BBQ, but wow, this is incredible!



picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
fifey157 wrote:Your work is brilliant picasserole. You took down your stuff at Cameesa. :-( Do you have anything up anywhere else? <3 your art.

Didn't appreciate the juggling of support bucks at/by Cameesa. It's a farce of the first magnitude, favouring the mainstream( as per usual ). I have 3 recycled items running in the 'free-for-all' at shirtfight, if you wanna have a squizz. Glad you like my designs. There was a time, not too long ago, when one couldn't walk a city block, without seeing a tee design by your's truly but I've been out of the loop for quite a while and am having a torrid time, adapting to current trends. I'll get it right eventually( with a bit of luck ). Thanks again for the interest..;]

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Pre-cooked Meal For One


Frak the theme, this design is amazing.

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
stingray69 wrote:Frak the theme, this design is amazing.

Anyone who'd seen, felt, heard the sizzle and had a sniff of my previous modem, after lightning had it's wicked way with my pc, would never dream of disputing, that a certain bbq-ing had indeed taken place..;p

Ganmeyde


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ganmeyde

I really, REALLY want one of these.

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
Ganmeyde wrote:I really, REALLY want one of these.

and sooooooooooo youuuuuuuuuuuuu shouuuuuuuuuuuullllllllddddd..;p

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
Re: Pre-cooked Meal For One

thanks woot, I'd wanted to delete yesterday, mistakenly thinking I had till Wednesday noon to do so.

fifey157


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifey157
picasserole wrote:thanks woot, I'd wanted to delete yesterday, mistakenly thinking I had till Wednesday noon to do so.


It was too good for Woot anyways. I'll vote/buy this somewhere else! Just tell me where!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fifey157 wrote:It was too good for Woot anyways. I'll vote/buy this somewhere else! Just tell me where!

I believe there is still a 60 day hold on the design from the day it was submitted, regardless of the rejection. The only difference is it can be resubmitted to another derby without edits, assuming it fits the theme.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

fifey157


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifey157
superspryte wrote:I believe there is still a 60 day hold on the design from the day it was submitted, regardless of the rejection. The only difference is it can be resubmitted to another derby without edits, assuming it fits the theme.


chocolatey. I always heard that rejected entries have no hold. But that was never official...

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fifey157 wrote:chocolatey. I always heard that rejected entries have no hold. But that was never official...

From the submission page T&C:

Agreement

Thank you in advance for submitting your sample artwork (the “Artwork”) to Woot, Inc. (“Woot”). This Agreement details the terms and conditions between Woot and you (the “Artist”) concerning your submission of Artwork to Woot.

1. Consideration of Artwork. Artist grants Woot a 60-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 60-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner. All materials sent to Woot will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. Because Woot receives many submissions, Woot cannot be held liable if it reproduces or commissions artwork similar to yours but which has come from another source.

2. *snipped for relevance*

3. *snip*

4. Withdrawal of Artwork by Artist. Artist may, at Artist’s discretion, withdraw from further voting in Woot’s Derby an Artwork previously submitted for voting in Woot’s Derby within 24 hours from the time of submission of Artwork by Artist or no later than the published close of the submission period, whichever occurs first. Withdrawal of an Artwork by Artist within the provisions stated herein shall not diminish, void or otherwise affect Artist’s grant of rights to Woot in Sections 1, 5, or 6 of this Agreement nor any of Artist’s obligations and assurances to Woot under this Agreement.

5. *snippity snip*

6. Term of Agreement. (a) This Agreement terminates 60 days from the submission of the Artwork if during that 60-day period Woot disclaims any interest in using the Artwork or does not inform Artist of its intent to use the Artwork. If this Agreement is terminated during the initial 60-day period, neither Artist nor Woot shall retain any obligations under Sections 6, 7, or 8 of this Agreement. (b) Notwithstanding subsection (a), this Agreement terminates 180 days from the submission of the Artwork if: (i) Woot nominates the Artwork as a Best of Derby entry; and (ii) Artist consents to such participation; and (iii) the Artwork is not produced as a result of participation in the Best of Derby for which the Artwork was nominated. (c) This Agreement becomes perpetual unless subsequently terminated by Woot if (i) during the 60-day period Woot informs Artist of Woot’s intent to use the Artwork, or (ii) the Artwork is produced as a result of participation in a Best of Derby event.

7. Copyright Ownership. Artist retains copyright ownership of the Artwork submitted to Woot. Woot may, at Woot’s discretion and expense, register the Artwork with the U.S. Copyright Office in the Artist’s name. Woot may record the license granted to it in this Agreement, and Artist agrees to assist Woot as necessary with such recordation, including by executing any documents related to the recordation that Woot may reasonably request.

8. Grant Of Rights. Artist grants Woot the exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, right and license to use, reproduce, print, publish, publicly display, transmit, market, sell, distribute, and sublicense the Artwork in all forms and media now known or hereafter developed. Woot may make or authorize non-substantive changes to the Artwork to prepare it for production use.

9. Non-competition. Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner with the sole exception that Artist may display or incorporate the Artwork in a personal portfolio or collection for promotional purposes related to Artist’s work.

10. *snip*

11. *snip*

12. *snip*

13. *snip*

14. Termination. Woot may terminate this Agreement for any reason immediately upon written notice to Artist. If Woot terminates this Agreement for any reason other than Artist’s breach of the Agreement, Artist shall be entitled to retain the amounts paid to Artist up to the date of such termination and shall not be entitled to any further compensation. If Woot terminates this Agreement as a result of Artist’s breach of the Agreement, Artist shall return all amounts paid to Artist hereunder. Upon such repayment, all rights granted to Woot under this Agreement shall terminate, and Woot shall have no further obligation of any kind to Artist.

15. General Provisions. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the executors, administrators, heirs, and assigns of the Artist and Woot. Any notices permitted or required under this Agreement shall be deemed sufficient if sent via email to shirtlegal@woot.com and email receipt is acknowledged by Woot. Woot shall communicate with Artist via email address provided by Artist. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between parties, and may not be modified or terminated other than by a writing executed by both parties. If one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement is held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired. The waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement, regardless of the number or extent of such waivers, shall not be construed as a modification of this Agreement or as a waiver of any other breach of that provision or of any other provision of this Agreement. If, in the opinion of either party, the other has breached this Agreement, the such party shall notify the other in writing of that breach, which shall not be a ground for any action, claim, or proceeding unless the alleged breach has not been substantially cured within thirty (30) days after receipt of notice. In the event of Woot’s breach, Artist may seek damages only; in no event shall the Artist be entitled to interfere with, enjoin, or otherwise restrain Woot’s exclusive right to use and incorporate the Artwork on or in apparel, garments, and other items. This Agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws and in the state and federal courts of the State of Texas, and both parties consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction, and waive any objections to the venue, of such courts.


Nothing about termination if rejected from the derby, so it doesn't matter whether it was rejected. The 60 days holds, according to the agreement.

And all entrants must check the box saying they've read those terms in order to enter, so every person agreed to those rules.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

fifey157


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifey157
superspryte wrote:Nothing about termination if rejected from the derby, so it doesn't matter whether it was rejected. The 60 days holds, according to the agreement.

And all entrants must check the box saying they've read those terms in order to enter, so every person agreed to those rules.


Thanks for the clarification. I've just read from several people on the boards that rejections no longer have the 60 days hold.

airs0ft3r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages airs0ft3r

Damn theme. I would absolutely buy this in a heartbeat.

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
airs0ft3r wrote:Damn theme. I would absolutely buy this in a heartbeat.

Thanks guys, I hereby proclaim ya'll 'SoopaWooters' and have a fantastic day, ifar as I'm concerned, you've more than earned it..;j

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fifey157 wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I've just read from several people on the boards that rejections no longer have the 60 days hold.


If the designer wants to do something else with it, the best course would be to email woot to double check. It is plausible that a rejection means woot is telling the designer they don't have interest in it. But to make sure it's best to ask woot.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
superspryte wrote:If the designer wants to do something else with it, the best course would be to email woot to double check. It is plausible that a rejection means woot is telling the designer they don't have interest in it. But to make sure it's best to ask woot.

With all due respect moderator person, I've twice emailed SHIRT.WOOT in the past, regarding tee design related matters but received no response whatsoever. Emailing woot, at least as far as I'm concerned, is a total waste of time! Without us designers, there is no derby, something woot would do well to consider. We spend a lot of our time producing our design entries and in my opinion, woot could at least have the courtesy to reply to legitimate email queries. I'm enjoying this exercise btw., as each successive post shortens the vertical scrollbar another mm or thereabouts. If this carries on much longer, my lil' ol' scrollbar, will be competing with those of the more popular designers, a fact which pleases me no end..;j

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
superspryte wrote:If the designer wants to do something else with it, the best course would be to email woot to double check. It is plausible that a rejection means woot is telling the designer they don't have interest in it. But to make sure it's best to ask woot.

SuperSprite, I'm indebted to you and your info-mational postings -- my scrollbar now measures a piddling 12 pixels. Another 8 odd pixels should get my scrollbar into that peasoupy arena of woot excellence. Well done to all those who contributed, to what I feel, is almost a personal benchmark occasion..:P

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail