Derby #163: Rainy Day
+526

Sponge Rain Horror

Sponge Rain Horror
add a comment

Comments

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Oh no, Bruce has forgotten his umbrella, and the hurricane is here! Quick! Someone get a roller or we'll lose him!

Note- this is the sequel to my shirt design "Sponge Attack!" from the water derby. The raindrops get payback!

walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


HAHAHA! I love it!

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Funny! I like how your mind works. :^)

strawberryicee


quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


edema!!! xD

lkackman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Skek, this may be your best design yet. This turned out so clean. GMV for sure.

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


This is really funny! Great execution too!

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


If I wore this the day after wearing Donut Panic, I think people would start to think I have a problem . . . a problem of BEING TOO otterific!!!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Thank you so much for your great words for this design. I'm glad it's as much fun as I thought it was when I made the original sketch!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Your artwork has become way cleaner than before! Nice one, sir Tek.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

the1manofmega


quality posts: 1 Private Messages the1manofmega
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Hey looks its spondge bob lol

'Time to Spread my Creativity because its allays 420 in Wayne's World. Yay!'

schmucks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages schmucks

LOVE IT- my fav so far!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

IndependentVik wrote:If I wore this the day after wearing Donut Panic, I think people would start to think I have a problem . . . a problem of BEING TOO otterific!!!


Are you the guy I saw outside dunkin donuts?

But Skek, as soon as it stops raining, the sponge will dry out and be alive again.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Itsandymann


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Itsandymann
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Sponges "die" when then they dry out. so the wet sponge would be in far better shape than a dry sponge.
(I'm a Marine bio major and a man of logic, so I'm picky about these things.)

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Itsandymann wrote:Sponges "die" when then they dry out. so the wet sponge would be in far better shape than a dry sponge.
(I'm a Marine bio major and a man of logic, so I'm picky about these things.)


otterific! I'm a neurobiologist and professor of Biology, so I love it when I get comments like this- you can still be artistic and scientific!

Consider that if it was a sea sponge (used to 4-5% saline), adding pure water to it would make it swell up due to the hypotonicity of the rain. This would cause the individual cells to burst and probably kill the sponge.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
dontwantaname wrote:Are you the guy I saw outside dunkin donuts?


Assuming you weren't just making a quick joke, naw, it wasn't me if it was anytime recently; haven't been to a dunkin donuts in ages, probably at least a year. Not that I'm a health nut; it was only a few months back that I was in a Krispy Kreme

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

IndependentVik wrote:Assuming you weren't just making a quick joke, naw, it wasn't me if it was anytime recently; haven't been to a dunkin donuts in ages, probably at least a year. Not that I'm a health nut; it was only a few months back that I was in a Krispy Kreme


I actually saw a guy with that shirt on, right outside dunkin donuts.
I did point out to him it was a woot shirt, but I didn't have the nerve to ask to take a picture.
Oh well.

It is only my 3rd sighting. What are the odds of seeing that shirt in that location ?

B T W that is a kitchen sponge. As a housewife, I can say, if it dries out and then gets wet, it will be alive.

Housewife trumps biologist

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Please return to the fog!

It's too funny!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
walmazan wrote:Please return to the fog!

It's too funny!


Thanks, walmazan! I love your cloud design and hope it wins! Too funny. Too bad you can't animate it on the shirt

wgordon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wgordon
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Taking in too much water can kill you...

jbb04


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04
SkekTek wrote:otterific! I'm a neurobiologist and professor of Biology, so I love it when I get comments like this- you can still be artistic and scientific!

Consider that if it was a sea sponge (used to 4-5% saline), adding pure water to it would make it swell up due to the hypotonicity of the rain. This would cause the individual cells to burst and probably kill the sponge.


Not to even factor in the radiation from all that nuclear fallout we created back in the 50's-60's. Weep all you little sponges.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Sponge Rain Horror


Thanks to everyone who voted for this- I really love how this turned out and I'm glad I could make people smile at the hapless sponge!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail