Derby #202: Anthropomorphic Food
+210

At least it's healthy

At least it's healthy
add a comment

Comments

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

bluejester


quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

The shirt itself is kinda "meh," with the peeking view we have of the brocolli.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bluejester wrote:The shirt itself is kinda "meh," with the peeking view we have of the brocolli. But seriously though, are you actually siting "Cracked" as a credible source of info?

rolls eyes


I think it'll get rejected more for a woot reference, since "YAY Broccoli!" was a woot tee.

lilaviel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: At least it's healthy


No, ramy. Just no. No. No.

Leahbh


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
JadenKale wrote:I think it'll get rejected more for a woot reference, since "YAY Broccoli!" was a woot tee.


i thinking rejection for woot reference, also.

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: At least it's healthy


It should be rejected for similar shirts existing (two of them). I think it will probably get rejected because not even woot is that soulless.

yakimikku


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
Re: At least it's healthy


HAHAHHAHA LOVE IT!!! :D

polluxoil


quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Leahbh wrote:i thinking rejection for woot reference, also.


It references two woot shirts, actually. Both Yay Broccoli and The Cake is a Liar. I'll be surprised if this gets past the rejectionator.

holothuria


quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
polluxoil wrote:It references two woot shirts, actually. Both Yay Broccoli and The Cake is a Liar. I'll be surprised if this gets past the rejectionator.


Wait, so simply including broccoli makes it a reference to another shirt about broccoli? Hasn't nearly every food in the derby been anthropomorphized on Woot at some point in the past?

The "cake is a lie" idiom did not originate on Woot, so it is hard to believe that any reference to it can be taken as a Woot reference. It's not like they reject every entry referencing Poe's "The Raven."

Don't get me wrong; I'm not particularly excited by this design, but these responses come across as nothing but petty Ramybashing.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
holothuria wrote:Wait, so simply including broccoli makes it a reference to another shirt about broccoli? Hasn't nearly every food in the derby been anthropomorphized on Woot at some point in the past?

The "cake is a lie" idiom did not originate on Woot, so it is hard to believe that any reference to it can be taken as a Woot reference. It's not like they reject every entry referencing Poe's "The Raven."

Don't get me wrong; I'm not particularly excited by this design, but these responses come across as nothing but petty Ramybashing.


It's directly referencing the YAY Broccoli print I posted earlier, down to the face and such. Besides the fact he's referencing 2 woot tees, and that's basically a violation of their own rule: No woot references, it's very likely they will meet on this and reject it by Monday.

That's not Ramy-bashing, it's based on the rules and previous derby etiquette.

holothuria


quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
JadenKale wrote:It's directly referencing the YAY Broccoli print I posted earlier, down to the face and such. Besides the fact he's referencing 2 woot tees, and that's basically a violation of their own rule: No woot references, it's very likely they will meet on this and reject it by Monday.

That's not Ramy-bashing, it's based on the rules and previous derby etiquette.


" . . . down to the face and such"? It's a drawing rather than a photo; it doesn't have the "Yay! It's broccoli!" text; the face is on a different part of the plant; the context and joke are entirely different; it's not even on the same color shirt. The face is the ONLY thing that is even somewhat similar, and--just a hunch--that may be because they're both based on human faces.

Clearly this shirt could never print: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=45015 . After all, it has broccoli, with a face and everything.

You were just about to explain how a reference to "the cake is a lie" is a reference to The Cake is a Liar, weren't you?

As you say, it is Woot's decision whether to reject this or not; what purpose is served in posting to say "it's very likely" that they will reject it, except to publicly denigrate and discourage the creator? Of course, feel however you want about the design and Ramyb in general, but at least learn to examine your motivations.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

Jae87


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
Re: At least it's healthy


Ah, I see- that's clever... Oh! Wait... no, I lied (like the cake). Been done too many times. Everyone needs to get over the fact that there was no cake, and move on to Portal 2 jokes.

Wheatley is a Liar! :D

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

petitefilou


quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
Re: At least it's healthy


I saw this and went "seriously? who doesn't realise that joke is now painfully overused and completely unoriginal, awesome as it once was?"

And it was ramyb. And I didn't even see that coming. *facepalm*

*edit* I don't want to be harsh, and I don't want to hate. But this joke has been done to death, and its actually disappointing to see it here and unrejected because... no. Woot should be better than this.

koopadaisy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages koopadaisy
Re: At least it's healthy


Apparently yanking ideas off of DA again.
Broccoli in cake

holothuria


quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria

After all I wrote about how I don't think this is rejectionable, I happened to be skimming the unofficial derby rules and saw this:
Portal
-The video game 'Portal' has been successfully parodied once already, now all portal references are banned.

So . . . yeah, that's a legitimate reason for rejectionation.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

arroth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages arroth
Re: At least it's healthy


thats not cake.. its pie...

februarystar27


quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
JadenKale wrote:It's directly referencing the YAY Broccoli print I posted earlier, down to the face and such. Besides the fact he's referencing 2 woot tees, and that's basically a violation of their own rule: No woot references, it's very likely they will meet on this and reject it by Monday.

That's not Ramy-bashing, it's based on the rules and previous derby etiquette.


When I first saw the thumbnail, I thought someone had made a parody entry of a Portal-reference-shirt/Yay Broccoli mashup. So those were the first two things that popped into my head as well, before I even knew it was a legitimate entry or a Ramy shirt.

smklung


quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: At least it's healthy


Ramyb if youre gonna make a make a portal shirt at least dont rip off an existing woot shirt. You might also wanna make it less cliche. The whole "the cake is a lie" is pretty commonly referenced

JiggaWagga


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JiggaWagga

This is horrible.
Even if you discount the lousy, unfunny Portal reference... the design is just bad.
On the other hand... at least its not a bunny this time.

Paradox55


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
koopadaisy wrote:Apparently yanking ideas off of DA again.
Broccoli in cake


And another in the never-ending nails in the artists's coffin, when will it end?

mkblanchfield


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mkblanchfield
JadenKale wrote:I think it'll get rejected more for a woot reference, since "YAY Broccoli!" was a woot tee.


Yeah.....i agree.....and it is also very similar to "the cake is a liar"........so uh yea

RaveDroid


quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: At least it's healthy


This shirt is a lie

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

IggySorcha


quality posts: 6 Private Messages IggySorcha

It's things like this that are ruining Portal memes for me. Please don't ruin my favorite game, I might have to have GlaDOS kill you.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail